Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Channel 7 looks very flat footed with its news coverage this early evening

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Channel 7 looks very flat footed with its news coverage this early evening

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:19 pm

June 2020 Auto Show relaunch - CANCELLED! Channel 7 devotes a 10 second mention. Zero mention of the fact that the reason it was cancelled is because FEMA will be using TCF Center (Cobo Center) as a field hospital for six months.

President Trump is considering declaring a mandatory shelter-in-place order for at least some of New York City, if not all Burroughs. Again, ZERO mention from Channel 7.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Deleted User 3751

Re: Channel 7 looks very flat footed with its news coverage this early evening

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:41 pm

Just another example of why I haven't watched local news in many years. By the posts I've seen on this platform it appears to be getting worse.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:14 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:19 pm
June 2020 Auto Show relaunch - CANCELLED! Channel 7 devotes a 10 second mention. Zero mention of the fact that the reason it was cancelled is because FEMA will be using TCF Center (Cobo Center) as a field hospital for six months.

President Trump is considering declaring a mandatory shelter-in-place order for at least some of New York City, if not all Burroughs. Again, ZERO mention from Channel 7.
I’ve often thought that their weekend producer ranks must be pretty thin. I wonder how much working from home and whatever other restrictions eats into the ability to put together a newscast with an already skeleton crew?

Realist

Post by Realist » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:26 pm

Saw someone mention elsewhere that the State has a relatively new vacant prison in Standish that could easily be used for one of these FEMA hospitals. Just saying...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:51 pm

Realist wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:26 pm
Saw someone mention elsewhere that the State has a relatively new vacant prison in Standish that could easily be used for one of these FEMA hospitals. Just saying...
I imagine it’ll come to that at some point.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:35 am

Realist wrote:
I have a feeling the folks that live in Arenac County, a county with NO reported cases of Covid-19, wouldn't be very pleased with shipping a bunch of infected people into their virus free county.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

jsf

Post by jsf » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:02 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:19 pm

Hard to believe, they always love to take shot's at this administration when possible. It's not how they cover events it's how they word the news, it's got to be how Murri wants it worded.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:49 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:35 am
Realist wrote:
I have a feeling the folks that live in Arenac County, a county with NO reported cases of Covid-19, wouldn't be very pleased with shipping a bunch of infected people into their virus free county.
None reported but that statistic is meaningless. I’m in Iosco Co, the immediate county to the north. While we have one reported case, I know of two other people who have had it. Have a
Co worker who has had ALL the symptoms, including the feeling of glass in her lungs when she breathes. She wasn’t given the test as they said there was 3 criteria for her to get it: she was around someone who was a confirmed positive test, she’d travelled out of state or she had life threatening symptoms. Otherwise, she was told to go home and self quarantine.

Besides, neighboring Bay, Saginaw, midland and Genesee Counties have multiple cases

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic