Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why Did Channel 4 Stop Reporting Coronavirus Exposure Locations????

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Ben Zonia

Why Did Channel 4 Stop Reporting Coronavirus Exposure Locations????

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:38 pm

Why did channel 4 stop reporting coronavirus exposure locations? It's been several days since they updated.

I also note that they are mainly exposed on airplane flights, but they are no longer even reporting that.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

jsf

Re: Why Did Channel 4 Stop Reporting Coronavirus Exposure Locations????

Post by jsf » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:30 pm

Where did you get your info on exposure on airplane flights? Please quote sources or statistics or stop with hearsay.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:54 pm

What else do you call “History of International Travel” and “History of Domestic Travel”? Yes, they were dancing around calling it airplane travel, but they’d probably tell us they got it on a hunting trip in Michigan in a heartbeat.

There were also two or more people who contracted it were listed as having visited a large airport in Michigan.

You are putting people at risk by not calling it what it is.

BTW, it was on Click On Detroit where I saw this. Be VERY suspicious if it disappears.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/loc ... locations/

https://www.wxyz.com/news/national/coro ... jump-to-12

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Tman

Post by Tman » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:57 am

At least channel 4 showed a correct map . 7 and WWJ stated the White Castle in New Baltimore which does not have one . Its in Chesterfield Twp. over 6 miles away from the closest New Baltimore border . Better no information then false information. I tried to correct them Saturday . WWJ didn't care and whom ever answered at 7 was a sarcastic ,argumentative young cowboy who will definitely kill his own career with his mouth and bad attitude . Yikes . lol

DAC

Post by DAC » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:10 pm

Yeah, those fuckers! They are not letting the proper people have the correct level of panic!

BFSEsq

Post by BFSEsq » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:12 pm

Media won't be reporting specific exposure locations anymore. The county health departments have stopped doing it, and that was the source of the info. There is community spread everywhere now, i.e. it's being transmitted person-to-person basically everywhere. It's not containable anymore. They're not naming sites because it would be impossible, there are just too many.

Washtenaw County Health Dept source noting that they're no longer reporting specific sites: https://www.washtenaw.org/3095/COVID-19. I'd imagine the other counties are the same.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:44 am

BFSEsq wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:12 pm
Media won't be reporting specific exposure locations anymore. The county health departments have stopped doing it, and that was the source of the info. There is community spread everywhere now, i.e. it's being transmitted person-to-person basically everywhere. It's not containable anymore. They're not naming sites because it would be impossible, there are just too many.

Washtenaw County Health Dept source noting that they're no longer reporting specific sites: https://www.washtenaw.org/3095/COVID-19. I'd imagine the other counties are the same.
Yes. At this point we are all going to get it...or have already had it. You just have to hope your immune system is one of the 98% strong enough to fight it off.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:39 am

I think it's useless information anymore and probably more damaging to overall containment. Probably too many folks thinking "well, I didn't go there so I haven't been exposed", instead of making the assumption that everywhere you go or everyone you encounter may have been exposed.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:05 pm

Anecdotal evidence from several sources close to me support my contention that airplane travel, for whatever reason, is a significant risk factor. How would you go into ORD or DTW or other airport and not expect that you may be exposed to international travelers who may have been infected? One family was in Spain and their whole family returned to the USA and was infected. They spent hours at ORD. You may also notice that the bicoastals are affected most.

We could all get it, even if we are really careful. But notice that this is partly an affluenza in the counties and cities most affected. Notice that the much maligned and economically held down Genesee County went for many days before having a single case, while most surrounding counties and second adjacent counties all had many cases. Also Notice that many counties in the economically recessed Northern Lower Peninsula, and the entire Upper Peninsula, have had few cases. Only the Traverse City area had significant cases, at least until recently. Maybe these people should reevaluate their lifestyles and travel plans even after this is over.

-Author Unknown

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:39 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:05 pm
Anecdotal evidence from several sources close to me support my contention that airplane travel, for whatever reason, is a significant risk factor. How would you go into ORD or DTW or other airport and not expect that you may be exposed to international travelers who may have been infected? One family was in Spain and their whole family returned to the USA and was infected. They spent hours at ORD. You may also notice that the bicoastals are affected most.

We could all get it, even if we are really careful. But notice that this is partly an affluenza in the counties and cities most affected. Notice that the much maligned and economically held down Genesee County went for many days before having a single case, while most surrounding counties and second adjacent counties all had many cases. Also Notice that many counties in the economically recessed Northern Lower Peninsula, and the entire Upper Peninsula, have had few cases. Only the Traverse City area had significant cases, at least until recently. Maybe these people should reevaluate their lifestyles and travel plans even after this is over.
The counties you cite also have much lower populations and by default less cases... once it’s here and it spreads it a new ballgame.. plane travel or not at this point is irrelevant.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:46 pm

For once it pays to be rural white trash.

Still only 1 case in Grand Traverse county and our Leelanau County case has cleared with no community spread.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:34 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:46 pm
For once it pays to be rural white trash.
Spoken by a true racist/classist who hates white people with less than he has, and pretends to love minorities and the downtrodden. But if it's any consolation to you, I've encountered people like you before.

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:35 pm

White trash has nothing to do with income. Watch duck dynasty of you need further evidence.

And when is the last time you dragged your ass off the couch to help your fellow man? Me? 45 minutes ago.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:38 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:05 pm

Generally, I agree with that post, especially the air travel risk factor. I was surprised that the Traverse City area did not light up with a few cases early in the process. You theory could be extrapolated to the rest of the country and explain why W. Virginia was the last state to see a confirmed case.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:40 pm

There is a correlation between backwards racial attitudes, low income, being generally white, rural and not getting the virus at first with travel if that’s what you mean.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic