Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WHMI playlist tweak

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
ChrisWL1980

WHMI playlist tweak

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:37 pm

I'm noticing a lot more pop and disco songs in rotation lately, such as "I Will Survive" and "Straight Up," and slightly less classic rock. They sound more like WOMC now than like WCSX.

HD74

Re: WHMI playlist tweak

Post by HD74 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:42 am

Tweak??
I noticed last week they had dumped a ton of music.
I heard the SAME Belinda Carlisle song 4 times in 2 days.
ENOUGH.
I changed the station and haven't checked back in.
Whoever decided they needed to screw with the playlist decided wrong. :horns

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: WHMI playlist tweak

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:27 pm

There's an abundance of 80's one hit wonders in the playlist.

I can understand why the change was made, though. Classic Rock can be had from plenty of stations in the surrounding area, including WHMI's sister station, 103.9 The Fox.

The 80's pop that now seems to be the backbone of WHMI's playlist is only played heavily by WOMC. No stations from Flint or Lansing feature that type of playlist.

I never was a fan of the prior sound of WHMI; I like the increased diversity in music the station now offers. Some of the cheesy tunes the station is playing will wear out REALLY FAST, though, if the playlist is not carefully managed.

The other thing that's always bothered me about WHMI? The audio processing. It's always sounded terrible.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic