Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 6 at 7:45p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hey, 96.3 WDVD - your audio sounds like horse shit - FIX IT!!!

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Hey, 96.3 WDVD - your audio sounds like horse shit - FIX IT!!!

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:17 pm

WDVD's audio chain has sounded like a complete abortion for two weeks running now. Zero mid range, excessively obtrusive bass, and high end treble that is off the charts.

Is Cumulus chasing listeners to the exits on purpose?!?!

As a listener, shit like this drives me nuts.

WDVD = "We're Detroit's Venereal Disease." :lol

Using Robinhood for online equities and options trades is a terrible idea. USE A LEGITIMATE BROKER-DEALER INSTEAD! (Fidelity, Schwab, TD Ameritrade, Edward Jones, etc.)

Detroit313

Re: Hey, 96.3 WDVD - your audio sounds like horse shit - FIX IT!!!

Post by Detroit313 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:35 pm

What a mess!

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:45 pm

I wanted to bitch about this. Vocals to me sound absolutely muffled. I can't listen to 96.3 for an extended length of time anyway, but how can those who enjoy their playlist stomach such abysmal sound quality?

I wonder what Cumulus uses for processing there. All three stations sound like absolute shit from an audio standpoint.

Take anything people say with a grain of salt, a lime wedge, and maybe a bottle of tequila.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:10 pm

The scary thing is - the audio chain this week on WDVD has actually sounded a little bit better this week compared to the previous couple weeks. It remains suboptimal, though. Not enough mid-range and the low bass remains too obtrusive.

Completely agree about 760 WJR's audio sounding like total horseshit. It's been that way for over a year now. It's tolerable on a wideband receiver but sounds outrageously distorted on a narrowband receiver.

What truly sucks about WDVD's audio is that it's been pretty stellar at nearly all times over the past two decades; what's happened over the past few weeks is very much out of character.

Using Robinhood for online equities and options trades is a terrible idea. USE A LEGITIMATE BROKER-DEALER INSTEAD! (Fidelity, Schwab, TD Ameritrade, Edward Jones, etc.)

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:12 am

Yeah, 96.3 sounded damn good for quite a while. Are these new processing settings for 96.3 the handiwork of the new "Director of FM Programming"? If so, good god. The man must not have ears.

As for 93.1, it sounded best from a processing standpoint when it was still Doug. Ever since the flip to country, the audio has sounded like garbage IMO.

Take anything people say with a grain of salt, a lime wedge, and maybe a bottle of tequila.

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:47 am

Sounds like backup processing.
Something in the rack probably died and they're waiting on a replacement would be my guess.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:24 pm

Reception did seem crappier than usual in the Brighton area along I-96 Easter weekend, so it might be more than just something in the rack dying.

For the most part, I've liked 93.1's processing as a Country station. It usually sounds bright but clean. Bass is produced accurately, too. Not a fan of the pukey, gravelly voiced male V/O artist they use. Granted, he's an improvement over his predecessor, who sounded clinically depressed on half of his reads.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic