Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Weekend newscasts

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
TRTV

Weekend newscasts

Post by TRTV » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:36 pm

Has anybody noticed the lack in quality of weekend newscasts in metro Detroit? Has it always been this bad? They are almost unwatchable. It is completely regurgitated news from the week with 0-1 possible live reports and talent that hasn’t been in the market for 5 minutes. I understand they have to have somewhere for people to learn the business but the quality is just awful. Like they only do these newscasts because they are forced to. Do they even make money on weekend news or is viewership so low it’s pointless anyway?

high fidelity

Re: Weekend newscasts

Post by high fidelity » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:50 pm

Isn't it like that in every market?

Round Six

Re: Weekend newscasts

Post by Round Six » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:43 pm

TRTV wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:36 pm
Has anybody noticed the lack in quality of weekend newscasts in metro Detroit? Has it always been this bad? They are almost unwatchable. It is completely regurgitated news from the week with 0-1 possible live reports and talent that hasn’t been in the market for 5 minutes. I understand they have to have somewhere for people to learn the business but the quality is just awful. Like they only do these newscasts because they are forced to. Do they even make money on weekend news or is viewership so low it’s pointless anyway?
I'm not sure what you mean by "lack of quality". Me personally I don't seem to notice the weekend coming across as more amateurish than Monday through Friday, if that's what you saying.

I think weekends are intended to be News Lite. Kind of like the weekend paper. Some news and lots of features.
Which is fine with me.

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic