Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

JIM PRICE STINKS !!!

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bobbert

Re: JIM PRICE STINKS !!!

Post by Bobbert » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:40 pm

I tuned in to the Tigers game on the radio today and turned it off about two minutes later. I just couldn't take Dickerson's chattering and Price's mumbling. They really need to make Dan Petry the full-time partner for Dickerson. Petry adds a lot more to the broadcast than Price, and he tempers Dickerson's excesses.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:44 am

Spring has arrived. The rain falls, the snow melts, and I see JIM PRICE STINKS!!! at the top of the page. This is my favorite time of the year!!! 😁

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

tivoking

Post by tivoking » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:54 am

They are not going to let him go until he passes. They learned from the mistake with Ernie.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:36 pm

Ahhh, Mr. Price. Nice guy but the time has come for somebody younger to take the job over. I don't understand, he did not travel last year and was it the year before that as well? He has health issues, I really thought the Tigers brass would move on this year. They had some pretty good options and nope let the guy pass and then replace him is what they will do. In the meantime Cameron Maybin and Alex Avila both recently retired were snatched up by the Yankees and the MLB network. And the Tigers org continues to snooze.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:10 pm

Jim Price's Wikipedia page has been vandalized several times, the last time on 3-16-22. It was quickly reversed. Here is the offending text from 3-16:

"Price is known to frequently eat on the air and mumble through ads, and can’t do play by play or color to save his life. He only has the job because of his close relationship with the Ilitch family."

Realist

Post by Realist » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:59 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:10 pm
Jim Price's Wikipedia page has been vandalized several times, the last time on 3-16-22. It was quickly reversed. Here is the offending text from 3-16:

"Price is known to frequently eat on the air and mumble through ads, and can’t do play by play or color to save his life. He only has the job because of his close relationship with the Ilitch family."
Complete truth there.

Heard the bumbling idiot today during today’s game. Truly thought he was retiring after last season because of those health issues.

One more note - now that Rod Allen was re-hired by Bally Sports in Miami, BSD need to bring Mario back to do play by play and move Shep to the pre and post game shows.

edj

Post by edj » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:02 pm

Mario stunk. Shep isn’t good either. Need new fresh blood.

Is Price still eating on the air? I haven’t been lucky enough to listen to any 2022 spring training

deadend

Post by deadend » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:40 pm

He’s eating on the air. So unprofessional.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:16 am

I don't have Bally Sports so my main TV exposure to the Tigers is on the different YouTube replays. They use different announcers for the voice over for the videos. My ears are still ringing from the pain of hearing Dan Dickerson's calls of Cabrera's three hits last night.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:21 pm

I think Shepard does a good job on Bally Sports Detroit. I prefer him to Mario. I also miss his call of U-M basketball games on radio. Kirk Gibson puts me to sleep, though.

Dickerson is good when he isn't screaming into the microphone.

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:12 am

As for Dan's talents, the screaming is the largest sin, because when you do that regularly, what do you do when something completely unexpected or monumental occurs, spontaneously combust?

He has a new self-developed catchphrase, "middle, middle," for a pitch that has been grooved over the plate. Could be that is subtly suggested by the Ilitch family, who may have designs on bringing back "Pizza, Pizza."

I have not heard a middle infielder grab a bouncing ball, create a force at second or third, and throw to first for an "unassisted double play," yet this season. I always thought you had to achieve both outs through individual defensive effort to earn that description.

Dickerson is shaping his setups to Price, so that Jim can give a simple answer very well in the early going of the season. Neither of them is going to change at this point in their careers.

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:07 pm

Dickerson is the most un-talented PBP guy I've ever heard. His screaming could blow out the processors at the station. He's right up there with Will Tieman, who does MSU basketball.

geeb557

Post by geeb557 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:50 pm

One thing I have discovered the last couple of years is that Dan Dickerson is a totally different announcer (and a much better one) when he doesn't have to babysit Jim Price.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:39 am

geeb557 wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:50 pm
One thing I have discovered the last couple of years is that Dan Dickerson is a totally different announcer (and a much better one) when he doesn't have to babysit Jim Price.
Glad I’m not the only one who’s noticed that. It was very obvious during spring training games when Dan didn’t have to play off the bumbling idiot

Majik

Post by Majik » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:37 am

Well it seems obvious that Jim is a lifetime appointment like a Supreme Court Justice. Our only hope is he slips up and says something derogatory about the Ilitches or pees into a empty cup in the broadcast booth.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic