Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:20 pm

Kidcat wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:09 pm
I understand why that question,was never answered,.Would you,want to,admit that you are so hard up,for staff that you hired Martin?
Maybe Martin just volunteered for duty. To be on Ship Scoop, the hottest ticket on the Buzzboard.

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:11 pm

Funny how there seems to be some issues getting the podcasts posted in a timely manner, if at all. If Ron was up on his stuff, he would actually care whether those gets posted. He could also use the podcasts to let his advertisers know of his increased “reach” for listeners, maybe get him an upgrade from the breakfast special.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:12 pm

uncleb67 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:11 pm
Funny how there seems to be some issues getting the podcasts posted in a timely manner, if at all. If Ron was up on his stuff, he would actually care whether those gets posted. He could also use the podcasts to let his advertisers know of his increased “reach” for listeners, maybe get him an upgrade from the breakfast special.
I've got a feeling that the real problem is that someone didn't hit the "Record" button.

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:58 pm

I thought someone musta heard me, somebody did hit the “record button”, yesterday’s podcasts were posted, alas, they are some other shows!

ShempLives

Post by ShempLives » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:11 pm

Expanding on the caveat regarding Ron's WDTK's podcasts: The "first" hour (after a pregnant pause) is the Larry Elder Show, while "second" and "third" hours are the Eric Metaxas program. Either chronic ineptitude at WDTK or Ron isn't paying his bills.

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:16 pm

ShempLives wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:11 pm
Expanding on the caveat regarding Ron's WDTK's podcasts: The "first" hour (after a pregnant pause) is the Larry Elder Show, while "second" and "third" hours are the Eric Metaxas program. Either chronic ineptitude at WDTK or Ron isn't paying his bills.
Chronic ineptitude equals Martin.There can be no doubt that Martin is back with Ron.Congrats to wpon for firing Martin.Shame on you wdtk for bringing him on board.

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:55 pm

I’m surprised Felix Unger (Bob Page) hasn’t showed up on Ron’s door step. He seemed really bitter when The No Filter Podcast failed. Seemed like the guy wanted to keep duelling and talking sports with someone. I’m sure he would love an hour to chew the fat with Ron.

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:33 pm

windsorjoe wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:55 pm
I’m surprised Felix Unger (Bob Page) hasn’t showed up on Ron’s door step. He seemed really bitter when The No Filter Podcast failed. Seemed like the guy wanted to keep duelling and talking sports with someone. I’m sure he would love an hour to chew the fat with Ron.
Page might well be willing but a bitter Ron wouldn’t want any part of it. Even if it would be a ratings bonanza, doubling the size of his usual meager audience.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:51 am

A metaphor for the typical opening of a recent Ron Cameron show.

(At about the 40 second mark, you see a driver climbing the fence to get off the track. That's a metaphor for the listeners that Ron has lost through the years.)

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:39 am

Bobbert wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:51 am
A metaphor for the typical opening of a recent Ron Cameron show.

(At about the 40 second mark, you see a driver climbing the fence to get off the track. That's a metaphor for the listeners that Ron has lost through the years.)

Yeah lol, I would agree the last few weeks especially, it’s like he just walked in and hit a switch or forgot he hit a switch

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:39 pm

Momo wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:33 pm
windsorjoe wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:55 pm
Page might well be willing but a bitter Ron wouldn’t want any part of it. Even if it would be a ratings bonanza, doubling the size of his usual meager audience.
Ron would prefer to keep the grudge going than any kind of treat for his listeners or a potential ratings bonanza for the listenership. It's all about Ron.

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:30 am

In case anyone was wondering, Martin is alive and well. I just turned on WPON, as I was craving some oldies. He is there spinning the hits! Martin - if you are reading this, me and your one other listener are really enjoying your hard work.

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:55 pm

windsorjoe wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:30 am
In case anyone was wondering, Martin is alive and well. I just turned on WPON, as I was craving some oldies. He is there spinning the hits! Martin - if you are reading this, me and your one other listener are really enjoying your hard work.
No doubt Martin (continues) to read the goings-on here. It's possible he even posts, too. And no surprise that he hasn't given up his day job to devote all of his energies to his part-time gig with Ron.

Any guesses on who Ron might be able to get as a guest this week? I wouldn't put it past him to ask Rick Kincaide. What about Lance Parrish? As reflected by the pre-pandemic remote show, there was a time that Ron was heavily-hyping Lance as a return guest. Ron, though, hasn't mentioned him since then. Or maybe, finally, Bob Delaney, the former NBA referee who wrote a book about "putting away the Mob"? There was a time - easily for over a year - when Ron would regularly dangle him as a future guest. Who else? Ramon Santiago, Jon Warden, George Eichorn, Jake Wood, Boots Day? Maybe even the MIA Phil Regan?

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:33 pm

Remember when Jim Palmer was a touted guest by Ron! That was years ago now. Hell, I’d settle for Dean Palmer!

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:36 pm

Momo wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:55 pm
windsorjoe wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:30 am
No doubt Martin (continues) to read the goings-on here. It's possible he even posts, too. And no surprise that he hasn't given up his day job to devote all of his energies to his part-time gig with Ron.

Any guesses on who Ron might be able to get as a guest this week? I wouldn't put it past him to ask Rick Kincaide. What about Lance Parrish? As reflected by the pre-pandemic remote show, there was a time that Ron was heavily-hyping Lance as a return guest. Ron, though, hasn't mentioned him since then. Or maybe, finally, Bob Delaney, the former NBA referee who wrote a book about "putting away the Mob"? There was a time - easily for over a year - when Ron would regularly dangle him as a future guest. Who else? Ramon Santiago, Jon Warden, George Eichorn, Jake Wood, Boots Day? Maybe even the MIA Phil Regan?
I have that Mark Wilson feeling that he may be the guest, though not sure it will be for three hours.

Or could we get the bottom of the mystery and perhaps Jimmy Carson????

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic