Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
edj

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by edj » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:08 pm

Fellow R Sizzle observers, I pose a question. Ron’s regular callers are as important as the legend himself. If you could have lunch with only one of his regulars, excluding Mr. Positive since he’s the obvious choice, who would it be?

I would go with Chuck in Belleville. I am not a soccer guy, but his baseball observations are interesting, and he just seems like the guy you could have a burger and a few beers with and talk sports.

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:13 pm

edj wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:08 pm
Fellow R Sizzle observers, I pose a question. Ron’s regular callers are as important as the legend himself. If you could have lunch with only one of his regulars, excluding Mr. Positive since he’s the obvious choice, who would it be?
Good question. I think I might just go with Kurt. For one, I’d like to see if I could get a word in edgewise. But more so to see if this guy who is so focused on Ron’s show - calling as much as three times in one show - could seemingly be so uninterested in the lone forum that treats Ron with “relevance.” Since, curtesy of Mr. Positive, he has to know about this Board, I’d like to ask him whether he ever frequents the goings-on here. And if not, how is that even possible considering his interest in the subject matter. And also if he’s aware that the man with whom he is so interested in engaging has such overwhelming limitations.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:38 am

Momo wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:13 pm
edj wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:08 pm
Good question. I think I might just go with Kurt. For one, I’d like to see if I could get a word in edgewise. But more so to see if this guy who is so focused on Ron’s show - calling as much as three times in one show - could seemingly be so uninterested in the lone forum that treats Ron with “relevance.” Since, curtesy of Mr. Positive, he has to know about this Board, I’d like to ask him whether he ever frequents the goings-on here. And if not, how is that even possible considering his interest in the subject matter. And also if he’s aware that the man with whom he is so interested in engaging has such overwhelming limitations.
Chuck from Belleville would be a good choice for me too. He's down to earth and his opinions come close to mine.

But I'd have to go with Dave from Windsor. I have experience talking with blind people and the conversation could go in a lot of directions.
Last edited by Bobbert on Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:44 am

Did Ron make a prediction for the Pistons' number 1 draft pick this Thursday? After last week's no show by the podcast, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting this week.

I know he's mentioned Chet Holmgren, who's projected for the Pistons in at least one mock draft:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2022 ... ro-career/

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:25 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:44 am
Did Ron make a prediction for the Pistons' number 1 draft pick this Thursday? After last week's no show by the podcast, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting this week.

I know he's mentioned Chet Holmgren, who's projected for the Pistons in at least one mock draft:

No prediction that I recall. I was surprised that the limited draft discussion didn’t result in Ron reminding us - yet again - that he would’ve drafted Haliburton two years ago.

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:28 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:38 am
But I'd have to go with Dave from Windsor. I have experience talking with blind people and the conversation could go in a lot of directions.
Ronald from Detroit, who’s also blind, has been MIA for some time now.

ShempLives

Post by ShempLives » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:19 pm

A Ron Cameron trivia question (I don't have the answer): Is there a location where Ron had a bar/lounge that is still operating as a bar/lounge, albeit with new ownership? Just as Knockout Pizza is now a Toarmino's Pizza (31221 Plymouth Road, Livonia), a bar with Sports Talk provenance would be a good place to have a libation with one of Ron's "regulars."

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:30 pm

Momo wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:25 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:44 am

No prediction that I recall. I was surprised that the limited draft discussion didn’t result in Ron reminding us - yet again - that he would’ve drafted Haliburton two years ago.
So next Sunday, he'll probably say "The Pistons should have drafted X, Y, or Z." As time goes on, that will morph into "The Pistons should have drafted (best performer out of X, Y, and Z)."

edj

Post by edj » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:55 pm

I have never had the "pleasure" of dining in one of Ron's establishments. Missed the one in Northville by a month or so.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:28 pm

edj wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:55 pm
I have never had the "pleasure" of dining in one of Ron's establishments. Missed the one in Northville by a month or so.
I can't see the people of Northville putting up with a half-assed product that Ron would put together for an eatery. I wonder how quickly they shuttered their doors.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:04 pm

ShempLives wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:19 pm
A Ron Cameron trivia question (I don't have the answer): Is there a location where Ron had a bar/lounge that is still operating as a bar/lounge, albeit with new ownership? Just as Knockout Pizza is now a Toarmino's Pizza (31221 Plymouth Road, Livonia), a bar with Sports Talk provenance would be a good place to have a libation with one of Ron's "regulars."
To answer your question in the negative, here's a couple of Ron's old businesses that are definitely not operating. These might be good places to open up the Ron Cameron Museum that we were discussing.

Sports Fans Pub (1983)
12701 Gratiot, Detroit

Sports Talk Lounge (1984)
19244 Grand River, Detroit

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:14 pm

Still no podcasts.I wonder if Luke has been fired.

ShempLives

Post by ShempLives » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:30 am

Thanks for the photos of the remnants of Ron's pub/lounges. Again with podcasts from June 19th still not posted either, I have to continue to suspect that his diatribes against employees of the Detroit Tiger organization, naming names in the process, is the reason no podcasts since June 5th have been posted.

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:23 am

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:28 pm
edj wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:55 pm
I can't see the people of Northville putting up with a half-assed product that Ron would put together for an eatery. I wonder how quickly they shuttered their doors.
Trust me, Ron’s Northville deli (the one with the improperly-brined corned beef) came and went in the blink of an eye, long before he was able to line up promised appearances by his “good friends” Drew Stanton & Ken Holland!

Momo

Post by Momo » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:40 am

ShempLives wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:30 am
Again with podcasts from June 19th still not posted either, I have to continue to suspect that his diatribes against employees of the Detroit Tiger organization, naming names in the process, is the reason no podcasts since June 5th have been posted.
Maybe Luke can weigh in on this, but I have trouble believing the two are related. One, the show’s audience is so microscopic. Two, Ron has never been shy in the past going after people who he thinks have done him wrong, e.g., Lane Staal, his former boxer/cook, & Bill Keenist, the Lions one-time PR guy. If the station was so concerned about Ron Cameron - of all people - why would they not just stop him from broadcasting on their airwaves?!

I’m more curious as to why Ron no longer promotes his podcast. He would regularly & repeatedly mention it in tandem with giving out his email address. Talking about how you could listen to him “24/7.” That practice ended long ago.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic