Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
edj

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by edj » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:01 pm

There are more important questions about OJ like:

What's your greatest thrill?
Did you always want to be a football player?
What do you think of the shift?
Do you agree Wilt Chamberlain is the greatest basketball player?
Was Bea Arthur a man?

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:43 am

edj wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:01 pm

Was Bea Arthur a man?
Yes, you know if Ron had landed a post-murders interview with OJ, Ron wouldn't have gone near the murders. It would've definitely been a safe space for OJ. Ron would have somehow made it all about himself. Maybe he had some brush with MSU's Joe DeLamielleure, one of OJ's guards on the Bills, & would have gone on at length about him, a "great man," I'm sure. Then he would talk about Jim Brown being the GOAT, not Barry Sanders, just ask William Sanders. This might've so frustrated OJ - perhaps even enraging him - that one would hope for Ron's sake it was not an in-studio interview.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:08 pm

Momo wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:43 am
edj wrote:

Was Bea Arthur a man?
Yes, you know if Ron had landed a post-murders interview with OJ, Ron wouldn't have gone near the murders. It would've definitely been a safe space for OJ. Ron would have somehow made it all about himself. Maybe he had some brush with MSU's Joe DeLamielleure, one of OJ's guards on the Bills, & would have gone on at length about him, a "great man," I'm sure. Then he would talk about Jim Brown being the GOAT, not Barry Sanders, just ask William Sanders. This might've so frustrated OJ - perhaps even enraging him - that one would hope for Ron's sake it was not an in-studio interview.
It wouldn't have surprised me if Ron crossed paths a few times with Reggie McKenzie, another one of O.J.'s blockers. Reggie's been very active in this area, with a business and a foundation.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:31 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:08 pm
Momo wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:43 am
edj wrote:

Was Bea Arthur a man?
It wouldn't have surprised me if Ron crossed paths a few times with Reggie McKenzie, another one of O.J.'s blockers. Reggie's been very active in this area, with a business and a foundation.
Yes, a far more plausible connection. Even with a major “get” like O.J., Ron could be counted on to put himself at the center of the interview. So the more mutual contacts the better.

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:39 pm

Having vowed that Ron would not live to see him driven from the league, Blake Griffin has now announced his retirement.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/399 ... a-14-years

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:21 pm

Momo wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:39 pm
Having vowed that Ron would not live to see him driven from the league, Blake Griffin has now announced his retirement.

Was going to post this…:such a day this is, the commentary on Rons show would have been hall of fame worthy :)

Momo

Post by Momo » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:27 am

Happy (71st) birthday today to Kurt, the inscrutable first citizen of Fraser.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:28 am

radiofan1974 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:21 pm
Momo wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:39 pm

Was going to post this…:such a day this is, the commentary on Rons show would have been hall of fame worthy :)
Ron would have had a field day with this part of Griffin's farewell letter:
"...and it wouldn't be a retirement letter without acknowledging the "haters"..."

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:30 am

Momo wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:27 am
Happy (71st) birthday today to Kurt, the inscrutable first citizen of Fraser.

Dan in Northville

Post by Dan in Northville » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:58 pm

Going past the new Dairy Queen on Five Mile in Plymouth, I thought of Ron. So I just had to hit the drive thru for a strawberry sundae. Although, at four bucks for a small sundae, I'm not sure I'll be going back.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:21 am

Dan in Northville wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:58 pm
Going past the new Dairy Queen on Five Mile in Plymouth, I thought of Ron. So I just had to hit the drive thru for a strawberry sundae. Although, at four bucks for a small sundae, I'm not sure I'll be going back.
I agree about the pricing. I get the medium vanilla cone there for about the same price. But I'll probably keep getting tempted by it since it's so close to my home. I might also make use of some coupons I got in the mail.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:03 am

Anyone have an under the radar radio show they have tuned into to replace your Sportstalk listening? Show does not necessarily have to be sports themed show. I still tune into WPON every now and then to hear what there playing

I enjoy the fox sports morning shows on both satuday and Sunday mornings….though I have been listening to them for quite some time now

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:56 am

radiofan1974 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:03 am
Anyone have an under the radar radio show they have tuned into to replace your Sportstalk listening? Show does not necessarily have to be sports themed show. I still tune into WPON every now and then to hear what there playing

I enjoy the fox sports morning shows on both satuday and Sunday mornings….though I have been listening to them for quite some time now
I've been listening to 97.1 a little more in the mornings, except when they are not talking sports (which is too often). Jon Jansen has a very level-headed, mature style. Sometimes I tune in to Karsch and Anderson in the afternoons.

But those are just for a few minutes at a time. I wish I could say that I miss listening to Ron Cameron for 2-4 hours every weekend, but I don't. Towards the end, it was just a compulsive habit, helped by our group discussions, just to see how Ron's story ended. Wish he'd had a happier ending.

Majik

Post by Majik » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:37 am

Bobbert wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:56 am
radiofan1974 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:03 am

I've been listening to 97.1 a little more in the mornings, except when they are not talking sports (which is too often). Jon Jansen has a very level-headed, mature style. Sometimes I tune in to Karsch and Anderson in the afternoons.

But those are just for a few minutes at a time. I wish I could say that I miss listening to Ron Cameron for 2-4 hours every weekend, but I don't. Towards the end, it was just a compulsive habit, helped by our group discussions, just to see how Ron's story ended. Wish he'd had a happier ending.
Since I have not seen any update. In my best Inspector Luger from Barney Miller, I guess the carcass is still laid out on a slab down at the Warren morgue waiting for release.

edj

Post by edj » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:20 pm

Heard Mr. Positive on Riger’s show today. Still sounding good.

I’m still hoping Kurt is OK.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic