Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:14 pm

As always, Blaha is being used as an extra. And, based on archived Free Press stories, we know that it’s not true that Ron never worked for anyone else after his WXYZ days.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:30 pm

So this Board serves the same purpose as did Bob Talbert as far as Ron’s concerned. Bad publicity results in drawing in more listeners to see if Ron’s as bad as depicted.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:39 pm

I know I’m used to Ron’s act, but his “interview” today is more evidence of how awful he is. Just terrible.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:41 pm

Ron: Is your father still a doctor?
75-year old George: No, he passed away.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:01 pm

Fortunately, Ron had enough sense to let Blaha finish his story about the genesis of the Pistons walk-off when they were eliminated by the Bulls.

1alexalway

Post by 1alexalway » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:26 pm

Momo wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:28 pm
Ron kept fishing for a compliment from Kurt about allegedly having Jim Bunning as a guest just before his death. Kurt wouldn’t cooperate.
He was on, but ironically Ron spent most of the time talking about their personal relationship and even about his time in politics. Despite him being a HOF.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:51 pm

I remember he was on, Alex, I was just questioning Ron’s statement that it was right before he died. He has some weird fetish of associating himself with the deaths of others. I don’t recall Bunning dying right after he was on the show.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:48 pm

I had some errands to do so I didn’t listen to the Blaha interview but I did hear as soon as George came on, Ron didn’t even greet him, he said let’s talk about our early days. Not a hi, how are you. Pathetic

1alexalway

Post by 1alexalway » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:32 pm

Momo wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:51 pm
I remember he was on, Alex, I was just questioning Ron’s statement that it was right before he died. He has some weird fetish of associating himself with the deaths of others. I don’t recall Bunning dying right after he was on the show.
Yeah it was at least a year. It's odd that the good guests always seem to be the last person who Ron saw I'll say that.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:45 am

Ron did say that he's having a Christmas Day show this year.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:02 pm

wtfdetroit wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:45 am
Ron did say that he's having a Christmas Day show this year.
I remember one year he broadcast on Christmas Day and he played "Happy Birthday Jesus" by Mike Douglas. It was kind of cute.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:12 pm

Ah, yes, the too-infrequent, but so-anticipated, Ron Cameron Christmas spectacular, with the entire Cameron family, featuring special guests, the Osmond Brothers for the youngsters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFb2qZfmh4M&t=37s

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:00 pm

A Ron Cameron Christmas Story.

As I've recounted in these pages before, the last time Ron's Friday, WPON show landed on Christmas Day, he was - before gaining access to email - still heavily reliant on his so-called insurance company callers, this seemingly never-ending cast of characters who supposedly worked together, but were unable to call in with their oh so softball questions (although, according to the legend, they could call right before the then-9:00 am show started (although it was never explained to whom they were reaching at the station at this time with their questions)). I listened patiently that morning to see if Ron would actually deploy these army of questioners. Surely, I thought, Ron was too adroit to think he could get away with this charade on this of all days.

But no, I overestimated our Ron (or, perhaps more likely, he cluelessly was unaware of what day it was), and, as was his wont, he turned to his insurance company mailbox, explaining the drill to his holiday listeners that these men (they were always men, and were given cities of residence, a must in CameronWorld) were not allowed to call in during the show, but could before it began. Since this was at a time that I wasn't yet subject to my permanent lifetime ban, I finally had all the incontrovertible evidence I needed that this was yet another of Ron's cons and I pounced, calling in and telling Ron that I now knew the name of the insurance company. It was the Scrooge Insurance Company, I said, as not only did they require their employees to work on Christmas Day, but even on this day were not allowed to call in during the show. Ron sounded uncomfortable, mumbling something before quickly changing the subject.

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:13 pm

Nice post Momo.What got you banned from his show.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:34 pm

One too many times calling to correct Ron, Kidcat. The last time was when he was talking about a Piston from the early '60s who Ron said later worked in the White House (as one of its permanent employees serving the various needs of the presidential families), and then was arrested for being a Peeping Tom. Ron then added, "And you can look that up." Never one to take Ron's word for it, I did, and found absolutely nothing about this ex-Piston to support that he had either worked at the White House or had been so arrested. When I called and reported my findings, Ron hung-up on me, harrumphing that I was banned from the show. This was the second time I had been banned for correcting Ron. But that was enough for me, as I dared not risk yet another lifetime ban.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic