Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:43 pm

Jake, make sure you don't give Terry Fox's number to Ron's maid.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:47 pm

Ron's going to talk to Tom Gage about writing a book on Jake's life. If he's having that discussion, why not ask him to write a book about Ron?

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:54 pm

Wait. Didn't Ron say last hour that Jake Woods was one of his great friends & now he has to remind him that they met ... once?!

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:51 pm

Well the time has come for me to un retire and have another go at it like the great prizefighters of the past who wanted to have another go around. and make their millions. Only problem is my comments are free and I can no longer stay silent. I've cut down on my listening because his show is just so gosh awful bad, but still stay in touch through the postings on this thread. I appreciate the kind words from my "retirement". If I can just state this, to Momo's points regarding the emails- I have tried emailing the show numerous times over the last 8 months from time to time and for whatever reason they go in a black hole receptacle in cyberspace. My emails are not at all trolling towards Ron, I feel they are engaging, but I think the staff around Ron cannot stand him so much that they are performing the bare minimum. The softball, broad emails that are read are entirely made up and Momo captures those perfectly. What a show that was yesterday where the host is so concerned about the football game or lack of viewing as he hosts a talk show, that is what he concentrates on instead of hosting the show and engaging his "thousands" of listeners-sports fans. It's great to be back!

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:13 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:51 pm
Well the time has come for me to un retire and have another go at it like the great prizefighters of the past who wanted to have another go around. and make their millions. Only problem is my comments are free and I can no longer stay silent. I've cut down on my listening because his show is just so gosh awful bad, but still stay in touch through the postings on this thread. I appreciate the kind words from my "retirement". If I can just state this, to Momo's points regarding the emails- I have tried emailing the show numerous times over the last 8 months from time to time and for whatever reason they go in a black hole receptacle in cyberspace. My emails are not at all trolling towards Ron, I feel they are engaging, but I think the staff around Ron cannot stand him so much that they are performing the bare minimum. The softball, broad emails that are read are entirely made up and Momo captures those perfectly. What a show that was yesterday where the host is so concerned about the football game or lack of viewing as he hosts a talk show, that is what he concentrates on instead of hosting the show and engaging his "thousands" of listeners-sports fans. It's great to be back!
https://tenor.com/view/seinfeld-celebra ... f-13615242

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:52 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Welcome back

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:29 am

Mr.Transistor wrote:

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:32 am

Momo wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:34 pm
Ron doesn't like Mr. Positive's talk of him coming over to "tickle his feet."

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:59 am

Midweek Memories

Sunday, March 12, 2017 (Hour 2)

Interview with former baseball player/coach Hal Naragon

https://www.detroitmoviepalaces.com/ima ... aragon.mp3

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:12 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:59 am
Midweek Memories

Thanks Bobbert, looking forward to hearing it tonight relaxing after work. Nothing beats relaxing after work for a mid week memory of R-sizzle’s past work :)

I actually like to hear who his ads were through years ago as well

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:16 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Midweek Memories

Thanks, Bobbert.

More of Ron's obsession with player salaries, then & now.

More lost phone numbers, Don Mossi & Jon Warden. As to the latter, Ron talked of coming up to him & surprising him with his patented elbow move. See Gordie Howe.

Ron volunteered to tell Willie Horton that Hal said, "Hi." Later, Ron asked if there was anyone else at the stadium Hal wanted him to say hi to.

Ron asked Hal how his 111-game winning '54 Cleveland team would be rated among the all-time great teams. Interesting that Ron would think to include in this discussion a team that didn't win the World Series. That team would be better likened to the '01 Mariners which also had a great regular season (116 wins), while losing in the ALCS. Or maybe the (runner-up) '61 Tigers, the squad Ron seems to think was the greatest Tiger team in his memory.

Ron mentioned speaking once a year at the Eddie Lake Society(accompanied by Bob Miller), where he has the audience "in stitches."

Here is Denny speaking to the group later that year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=5kUL7vhFOXI

Here's an article about the (mostly aged) group which mentions its executive secretary, Karen Bush, whom Ron praises in this episode. A member said, “Without her, I think the club would have been gone a long time ago.”

https://thejewishnews.com/2017/10/17/33430/

Karen Bush's (2021) obituary:

https://www.livingstondaily.com/obituaries/det106674

Ron hasn't mentioned this group lately. With the death of its executive secretary & the advanced age of most of its members, I suspect it is now defunct.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:00 pm

I chuckled when Ron told Hal that he talked to all of the Tiger "executives".

I was surprised that Ron didn't talk about how Don Mossi was considered the ugliest man in baseball.

Thought there would be more talk about the '68 Tigers, considering the audience, but it seems reasonable that the talk would be more about Hal's years as a player.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:37 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Midweek Memories

Observations from the mid week throwback:

What a deal Rams horn was having for breakfast back then :)

Did Bo schembecler owe Ron lunches?

Ron must have had a lot of trust in Producer Alex to allow him to talk coming out of commercials

Not much has changed, end of the show the PA announcer was so happy to see Ron with a typical “what are are you doing here”

Momo

Post by Momo » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:27 am

Momo wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:16 pm
Ron mentioned speaking once a year at the Eddie Lake Society (accompanied by Bob Miller), where he has the audience "in stitches."
Ron confuses polite laughter with that of a more side-splitting response:

https://tenor.com/view/crowd-laughing-gif-5516122

Majik

Post by Majik » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:15 pm

Momo wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:27 am
Momo wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:16 pm
Ron mentioned speaking once a year at the Eddie Lake Society (accompanied by Bob Miller), where he has the audience "in stitches."
Ron confuses polite laughter with that of a more side-splitting response:

https://tenor.com/view/crowd-laughing-gif-5516122
I’m gonna assume there was a free meal involved when he spoke to the ELS.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic