Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Mr.Transistor

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:49 pm

I don't care what Ron says about you all, thank you for the warm welcome back!

Now, I did not tune in to the 2nd hour of the Sunday show with Jake Wood. I was figuring it might be a lot of play by play on Ron's part since he was so consumed with having a working TV while he "worked". I also wonder what more can you talk about with Jake for one full hour that has not been said? Who are the supposed guests for this weekend or will it be a "too much to talk about" kind of weekend?
With Ron's impending free agency, being a prized employee of whatever media conglomerate scoops him up and his contract demands regarding Wayne St. sports with his current station.
Is it too much for Ron to ask someone to print him up a Wayne St. men's basketball and football schedule so that he might be able to plan ahead for his shows and what could preempt him? Wait come to think of it is, this coming from the guy who gets his updates from the daily sports page which also amounts to his show prep to keep his age 65 plus audience informed. Oh well I don't think anything has changed since I've refrained from commenting.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:44 pm

Midweek Memories
Snow Day Edition

Saturday, March 18, 2017 (Hour 2)

Interview with Bryan Watson, who played for the Red Wings in the 1960s and 1970s.

https://www.detroitmoviepalaces.com/ima ... Watson.mp3

(I had to listen on headphones because Bryan's voice was muffled and it sounded like he was talking through a speaker phone)

Momo

Post by Momo » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:01 am

Tom Gage possibilities:

A. He's on this weekend, as Ron promised two weeks ago.
B. He's on next weekend, as Ron indicated last week.
C. He'll be on in two weeks.
D. He's too busy right now to come on as he's spending time with Mark Wilson's family.
E. Ron lost his number.

Majik

Post by Majik » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:12 pm

Momo wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:01 am
Tom Gage possibilities:

A. He's on this weekend, as Ron promised two weeks ago.
B. He's on next weekend, as Ron indicated last week.
C. He'll be on in two weeks.
D. He's too busy right now to come on as he's spending time with Mark Wilson's family.
E. Ron lost his number.
F. All of the above. Ron will say each at some point during the big broadcast.

Momo

Post by Momo » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:42 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:44 pm
Midweek Memories
Snow Day Edition

Interview with Bryan Watson, who played for the Red Wings in the 1960s and 1970s.

(I had to listen on headphones because Bryan's voice was muffled and it sounded like he was talking through a speaker phone)
In his last (next?) appearance, Bugsy Watson was pretty dismissive of the septuagenarian Ron's "plans" to open a new restaurant. The restaurant talk in this interview, though, was limited to Watson's business.

Bugsy was the youngest of Ron's early '17 guests, but he, too, didn't live all that much longer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Watson_(ice_hockey)

Missing some profanity on the guest's part, Alex wasn't on top of the 7-second delay button. But I don't recall any instances where that's been used. C'mon Ron. You need to be a little more sensitive to the mores of your predominantly female audience:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victorian ... _Dress.jpg

Of course, any mention of Gordie Howe prompted Ron to volunteer that he was "one of [only] four or five" people Gordie recognized at the end.

Pat Quinn was a "very close friend" of Ron's for 50 years. I'm guessing - in Ronspeak - that means Quinn occasionally nodded at him when he was in his presence.

In perhaps a first, a guest asked Ron for someone else's number. Ron informed Watson that the wife of recent guest Ted Lindsay had recently died, leading Bugsy to ask Ron if he had his number so he could express his condolences. Since Ron doesn't do funerals or in any other way acknowledge one's passing, he asked Watson to tell Ted that he was thinking about him.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:43 pm

With Tyrone Wheatley being named the new head football coach of the Wayne St. Warriors today, what a statement by the Warriors BTW , The Patriot is drawing a line in the sand and will tell Ron to get f***ed with his latest contract demands.
Or possibly will Ron turn this into a Mr. Positive moment by having Coach Wheatley on his program during the football season and hosting a pregame show by calling it - The RON CAMERON show with coach wheatley.
Maybe Ron can commiserate with Coach Wheatley about their disdain for Jim Harbaugh and compare how many meals are owed one another.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:02 pm

Momo wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:42 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:44 pm
Midweek Memories
Snow Day Edition

In his last (next?) appearance, Bugsy Watson was pretty dismissive of the septuagenarian Ron's "plans" to open a new restaurant. The restaurant talk in this interview, though, was limited to Watson's business.

Bugsy was the youngest of Ron's early '17 guests, but he, too, didn't live all that much longer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Watson_(ice_hockey)

Missing some profanity on the guest's part, Alex wasn't on top of the 7-second delay button. But I don't recall any instances where that's been used. C'mon Ron. You need to be a little more sensitive to the mores of your predominantly female audience:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victorian ... _Dress.jpg

Of course, any mention of Gordie Howe prompted Ron to volunteer that he was "one of [only] four or five" people Gordie recognized at the end.

Pat Quinn was a "very close friend" of Ron's for 50 years. I'm guessing - in Ronspeak - that means Quinn occasionally nodded at him when he was in his presence.

In perhaps a first, a guest asked Ron for someone else's number. Ron informed Watson that the wife of recent guest Ted Lindsay had recently died, leading Bugsy to ask Ron if he had his number so he could express his condolences. Since Ron doesn't do funerals or in any other way acknowledge one's passing, he asked Watson to tell Ted that he was thinking about him.
Wished Bugsy had told more Lindell AC stories. The ones he told were funny.

I chuckled a little at the way Bugsy said, "Nobody tells me a damn thing!" when informed about the passing of Ted Lindsay's wife.

And Ron Cameron is probably the last person to ask for a phone number, consdering how often he loses them. Hope the number he gave Bugsy was correct.

I loved one of the first pictures that popped up when I Googled "Bryan Watson". Looks like a real character.

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:19 pm

1-3pm today fir Ron-O?

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:06 pm

Finally.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:06 pm

Tom Gage! Today!

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:08 pm

Ron's late because WWJ didn't broadcast that 8 Mile was closed.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:10 pm

Mr. Positive leading it off.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:10 pm

The name of Ron's next restaurant, which specializes in hamburgers: "Tender and Juicy".

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:11 pm

Ron, didn't you hear: Grease is the word, is the word, is the word...

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:11 pm

Note to Harbaugh: Ron likes his burgers tender & juicy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic