Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:44 am

uncleb67 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:23 am
Trust me, Ron’s Northville deli (the one with the improperly-brined corned beef) came and went in the blink of an eye, long before he was able to line up promised appearances by his “good friends” Drew Stanton & Ken Holland!
In all the many years I've listened to Ron, that would be true of all of his much-hyped restaurants. Always launched with much fanfare & sky-high optimism, but always shuttered in months, if not weeks. And Ron routinely had someone else to blame.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:33 am

Kidcat wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:14 pm
Still no podcasts.I wonder if Luke has been fired.
Maybe Ron could hire Mark Wilson as his archivist. It would help get Mark out of the unemployment line. It might humble him too, and make him realize what it takes to make it in the radio business.

Warriorstrong13

Post by Warriorstrong13 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:23 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:33 am
Kidcat wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:14 pm
Still no podcasts.I wonder if Luke has been fired.
Maybe Ron could hire Mark Wilson as his archivist. It would help get Mark out of the unemployment line. It might humble him too, and make him realize what it takes to make it in the radio business.
Not fired. Out of town!!

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:22 pm

The reviews are coming in for the Elvis movie we've all heard about from Mr. Positive. Ron should reserve the first hour on Sunday for Mr. P's review of the movie.

Detroit News

'Elvis' review: A rock and roll biopic, fit for the King

A messy movie about a messy life, "Elvis" is nonetheless an enthralling portrait of one of history's greatest and most important entertainers.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/enter ... 693768001/

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:33 pm

I’m starting to get the feeling the posting of podcasts of SportsTalk is a ship that has either sailed or is pulling out of the port. I’ve never been able to listen on Sunday nights, but a guilty pleasure has always been catching up with the podcasts, certainly after reading the 5-6 pages of real-time postings here on Buzzboard. Alas, things change.

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:29 pm

uncleb67 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:33 pm
I’m starting to get the feeling the posting of podcasts of SportsTalk is a ship that has either sailed or is pulling out of the port. I’ve never been able to listen on Sunday nights, but a guilty pleasure has always been catching up with the podcasts, certainly after reading the 5-6 pages of real-time postings here on Buzzboard. Alas, things change.
If so, this presents the opportunity for some enterprising mind to monetize this interest in our protagonist. Just transcribe the show for a fee. Would Ron ask that his palm be greased?!

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:00 am

Momo wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:29 pm
uncleb67 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:33 pm
If so, this presents the opportunity for some enterprising mind to monetize this interest in our protagonist. Just transcribe the show for a fee. Would Ron ask that his palm be greased?!
That might be the situation at WDTK. Podcasts might require an extra fee. Just like the cable company charging extra for things that used to be in the standard package.

There might be some way for us to do this ourselves, with audio software and some kind of cloud file sharing program. Maybe one of the people who listens live to all three hours could pursue this. Luke might have some suggestions in this direction.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:43 pm

Caught the ending of the “Brian Noe” show this morning and agin to wrap up the show, our very own cowboy was on for what seems liked 2-3 minutes of history with of course “careless whisper” playing in the background.

For those that don’t know it’s a National fox sports show

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:27 pm

radiofan1974 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:43 pm
Caught the ending of the “Brian Noe” show this morning and agin to wrap up the show, our very own cowboy was on for what seems liked 2-3 minutes of history with of course “careless whisper” playing in the background.

Thanks.

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/FoxSp ... dsPodcast/

Click on "Brian Noe on the Top 5..." and then click at about the 2:51:00 mark.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:38 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:27 pm
radiofan1974 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:43 pm

Thanks.

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/FoxSp ... dsPodcast/

Click on "Brian Noe on the Top 5..." and then click at about the 2:51:00 mark.
Nice to get a preview of coming attractions. I don't know anything about this show other than it must have a toll-free number.

edj

Post by edj » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:15 pm

Tuned into Luke’s show tonight, only to hear a two month old rerun. If you can’t make it in, get Mr. Positive to guest host!

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:52 pm

edj wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:15 pm
Tuned into Luke’s show tonight, only to hear a two month old rerun. If you can’t make it in, get Mr. Positive to guest host!
Luke posted that he is out of town.Give him a break.He seems like a good guy.I bet when he gets back the podcasts will be up.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:03 am

Well hello everyone, here is your sneak peek for the fastest three hours in sports radio-Sportstalk with Ron Cameron

Here are some possible topics for tonight feel
Free to add anything you feel I may have missed

In continuing with the “summer of Ron” tonight’s guest is Kurt Maltby-how long into the interview will ron bring up how the illitch family idolizes Ron for being a high school drop out

On a serious note though-with the wings special
On ESPN today perfect time to ask maltby questions regarding the show and the Avs but unfortunately we know that won’t happen

Piston draft grade-I would say the local and National pundits would give the pistons a “A” will
Rons grade he lower because they didn’t right a wrong and bring “Halliburton”

I do wish, someone would call and compare Troy weaver to Al Avila, maybe tonight I send a email
But it appears luke is out, so possibly no email

Looking forward to the Elvis review from Mr P

Exciting times as I believe we are at the letter “G” via Kurt’s new segment.

More segments on who may becoming for interviews, work quickly Ron, summer is speeding away as we enter the month of July!

Will our Canadian corespondents continue to give there worldly views?

These thoughts and more on the longest running and not interactive Sunday night sports radio show!!

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:10 am

Some highlights to listen for:

How long in the Maltby interview will Ron ask his greatest thrill question???

How long will it take our hero to turn the interview into a self-induced biography of himself, how he saved the Red Wings from the Norris regime, and how he was solely responsible for Mike Ilitch buying the club.

All of that coming up tonight on "The Greatest Sports Talk Radio Show In History"...with "The Elvis Of Sports Talk Radio"...on a little known Detroit Radio Station. Tune in and have your life changed.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:25 am

Will Dick Tracewski be announced as Ron's "definite" guest on a date certain, or has he now joined the ranks of the Jim Leylands of the world & be assigned some nebulous date in the future? If the latter, how soon until his name is dropped from rotation entirely, resurrected only if a future caller asks about him, at which point we would learn that Ron has "lost" his number?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic