Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
radiofan1974

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:48 pm

Willie108 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:46 pm
The station needs an in studio camera, so we can see our hero in action. It would be must see.
Maybe Ron could get on twitch, let’s make it happen luke!

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:52 pm

Maybe Ron could "umpire" soccer....if he could ride around on an Amigo. He'd call "strike one" on a player, and call the goalie "out".

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:55 pm

Get your questions ready for Trish Faulkner:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trish_Faulkner

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:57 pm

Terry Foster w/3 food poisoning.

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:57 pm

Ron needs to read obits on the air. He probably had them all on his show.

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:52 pm

Willie108 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:52 pm
Maybe Ron could "umpire" soccer....if he could ride around on an Amigo. He'd call "strike one" on a player, and call the goalie "out".
Stopped listening to the show when Ron forbid Mr Positive to mention the buzzboard and Luke would not put buzzboard callers on the air.Read this thread religiously though.The posters on this board are great.Lmao at Willie's post.

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:06 am

Although he wasn't on this weekend, I'm hoping Mr. Positive's now Mr. On the Road to Recovery.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:08 am

Midweek Memories

Sunday, February 12, 2017 (Hour 2)

Interview with Bump Elliott (after about 8 minutes of chaos) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_Elliott)

https://www.detroitmoviepalaces.com/ima ... lliott.mp3

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:11 pm

As we head into a month since the podcasts have been posted/updated, and if it is true as Ron said that the podcasts are updated by WDTK, and not his responsibility, it’s amazing WDTK can decorate that page with “seasonal snowflakes” dancing across the page, but the podcasts can’t be updated.

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:05 pm

Another meeting with Ron and the PD again:

Ron: I've been getting complaints, especially from my sponsors that these things called podcasts aren't being updated. This thingy called the station website, whatever that is, is updated with a Christmas theme, SO I'VE HEARD. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!!!! MY DEMANDS NEED TO BE TAKEN CARE OF IMMEDIATLY....BECAUSE I AM THE WORLD FAMOUS RON CAMERON.....THE SPORTS TALK RADIO LEGEND!!!!!!

PD: It's Christmas Ron, we have to make it look festive. OUR clients love it. The holidays are when we make the most money. Certain podcasts have priority.

RON: What a load of b***s**t!!!!! I don't care if it's Bea Arthur's birthday!!!!! What I bring in keeps this station from having the plug pulled on it. The only reason 10 people have ever heard of this station is because...I'M RON CAMERON.....THE SPORTS TALK RADIO LEGEND. Priority??? I'm #1 priority...AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT MEATHEAD. Keep it up and I'll tell the Fenton Hotel to go get the ghost of Al Capone in here, and he'll straighten out this popcorn fart station!!!! GET IT!!!!!! If it wasn't for me, this station couldn't pay the electric bill. AND...I WANT 3 JUMBOTRONS INSTALLED IN THE STUDIO.....NOW BONEHEAD!!!!! Ron then storms out the door, uttering expletive's by the dozen.

PD: Gets at the Jack Daniels again.

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:38 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:08 am
Midweek Memories

Interview with Bump Elliott (after about 8 minutes of chaos) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_Elliott)

Thanks, Bobbert.

What an interview!!!

When you have a convergence of a then-92-year old, faltering guest with a ridiculously unprepared & inept interviewer, you have the guest saying he retired about 5 years earlier as Iowa AD & Ron chiming in with the comment that he, thus, retired at around the age of 90. In reality, Bump Elliott retired in 1991, at the age of 66.

So many iterations of Ron's standard interviewing fare. Greatest thrill-type questions. What did you want to be when you were growing up. Was coaching always in your blood. While you were in the services, did you think you were going to be playing baseball & football.

Of course, there was a question about Elliott's salary, with Ron making comparisons to current-day salaries.

And Alex, you surely spent too much time learning at the knee of Ron. Concluding the show by asking a less than hale nonagenarian how many more years he expected to live ... "10 or 15 years?" Really?! That's even worse than Ron asking, as he does, "What does the future hold for Bump Elliott?"

The Elliott brothers on a 1961 episode of What's My Line:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc3BwjSLFXM

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:40 pm

Willie108 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:05 pm
Another meeting with Ron and the PD again:

Ron: I've been getting complaints, especially from my sponsors that these things called podcasts aren't being updated. This thingy called the station website, whatever that is, is updated with a Christmas theme, SO I'VE HEARD. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!!!! MY DEMANDS NEED TO BE TAKEN CARE OF IMMEDIATLY....BECAUSE I AM THE WORLD FAMOUS RON CAMERON.....THE SPORTS TALK RADIO LEGEND!!!!!!

PD: It's Christmas Ron, we have to make it look festive. OUR clients love it. The holidays are when we make the most money. Certain podcasts have priority.

RON: What a load of b***s**t!!!!! I don't care if it's Bea Arthur's birthday!!!!! What I bring in keeps this station from having the plug pulled on it. The only reason 10 people have ever heard of this station is because...I'M RON CAMERON.....THE SPORTS TALK RADIO LEGEND. Priority??? I'm #1 priority...AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT MEATHEAD. Keep it up and I'll tell the Fenton Hotel to go get the ghost of Al Capone in here, and he'll straighten out this popcorn fart station!!!! GET IT!!!!!! If it wasn't for me, this station couldn't pay the electric bill. AND...I WANT 3 JUMBOTRONS INSTALLED IN THE STUDIO.....NOW BONEHEAD!!!!! Ron then storms out the door, uttering expletive's by the dozen.

PD: Gets at the Jack Daniels again.
That's one beleaguered PD!

ShempLives

Post by ShempLives » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:28 am

Please be cognizant of the past that when Ron was told of podcasts not being available, Mr. Cameron maintained they were being posted and as far as he was concerned was the end of the discussion.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:20 am

Momo wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:38 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:08 am
Midweek Memories

Thanks, Bobbert.

What an interview!!!

When you have a convergence of a then-92-year old, faltering guest with a ridiculously unprepared & inept interviewer, you have the guest saying he retired about 5 years earlier as Iowa AD & Ron chiming in with the comment that he, thus, retired at around the age of 90. In reality, Bump Elliott retired in 1991, at the age of 66.

So many iterations of Ron's standard interviewing fare. Greatest thrill-type questions. What did you want to be when you were growing up. Was coaching always in your blood. While you were in the services, did you think you were going to be playing baseball & football.

Of course, there was a question about Elliott's salary, with Ron making comparisons to current-day salaries.

And Alex, you surely spent too much time learning at the knee of Ron. Concluding the show by asking a less than hale nonagenarian how many more years he expected to live ... "10 or 15 years?" Really?! That's even worse than Ron asking, as he does, "What does the future hold for Bump Elliott?"

The Elliott brothers on a 1961 episode of What's My Line:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc3BwjSLFXM
It was interesting to try to figure out how many of Elliott's answers were because of a faulty memory and how many because of a selective memory. He had the careful, diplomatic personality of someone who had been an administrator for many years.

I too was surprised at Alex's question about Elliott's age. Usually Ron asks those kinds of awkward questions. And Bump had the same kind of "Huh?" response to the "future" question that Roger Faulkner gave the other day.

Elliott apparently dodged the Cameron Curse, because he lived another couple of years after the interview. Great find on the What's My Line video—that added some more dimension to the interview.

All in all, an interesting interview that I listened to twice. Interviews like this were the main reason that I downloaded a lot of shows back in 2017, because of their historical value.

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:24 am

ShempLives wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:28 am
Please be cognizant of the past that when Ron was told of podcasts not being available, Mr. Cameron maintained they were being posted and as far as he was concerned was the end of the discussion.
Yeah, I guess I should understand that a Titan Of Brokered Radio like Ron has “people who do things for him” while he’s busy tending to other things (Match Game, anyone!?).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic