Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
sparty89

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by sparty89 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:34 pm

A cryptic response from "Ron" on his X account:

"When you don't hear from someone that I have interviewed on the air in a while, it's not a falling out, they're just busy.

A one-man operation and by the way it's okay to say the last person's name on the airwaves unless they instructed me otherwise."

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:32 am

sparty89 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:34 pm

"When you don't hear from someone that I have interviewed on the air in a while, it's not a falling out, they're just busy.

A one-man operation and by the way it's okay to say the last person's name on the airwaves unless they instructed me otherwise."
It looks like Martin is reading our posts. I'm glad he's responding.

(Although I agree the second sentence is kind of cryptic)

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:25 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:32 am
sparty89 wrote:

So we're to believe the disappearing acts of Alex (including from this Board) & Rich are because they're just too busy? I don't put much stock in much of what I read on Ron's X page. It was only last October, with scheduled surgery just weeks away, we were informed there that Ron was going to get a new co-host. And that he was moving to a new station with more phone lines. Which brings to mind the old joke about the restaurant patron complaining about the food & small portions. Just what you want, lousy food & plenty of it!

I suspect the reference to "it's okay to say the last person's name on the airwaves unless they instructed me otherwise" is a response to my questioning the propriety of using the last name of that Downriver female emailer some weeks ago. That explanation doesn't make much sense to me. I think the default should be to just use the emailer's first name & only using the last name if affirmatively given the go-ahead.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:56 pm

I am guessing the “falling out” comment was based on what I asked. If rich is busy, that’s ok. Hope he comes on soon, he does add to the show when he is on. As I mentioned he is one of the few that go in studio which I think helps then being on the phone for a hour or so

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:02 pm

Momo wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:25 pm
Bobbert wrote:
sparty89 wrote:

So we're to believe the disappearing acts of Alex (including from this Board) & Rich are because they're just too busy? I don't put much stock in much of what I read on Ron's X page. It was only last October, with scheduled surgery just weeks away, we were informed there that Ron was going to get a new co-host. And that he was moving to a new station with more phone lines. Which brings to mind the old joke about the restaurant patron complaining about the food & small portions. Just what you want, lousy food & plenty of it!

I suspect the reference to "it's okay to say the last person's name on the airwaves unless they instructed me otherwise" is a response to my questioning the propriety of using the last name of that Downriver female emailer some weeks ago. That explanation doesn't make much sense to me. I think the default should be to just use the emailer's first name & only using the last name if affirmatively given the go-ahead.
Of course you can't put much stock on what is posted on Ron's X page.It is run by incompetent Martin.The only reason Martin is able to keep his job is because it pays so poorly. Nobody else would take it if they fired him.

ShempLives

Post by ShempLives » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:05 pm

I've come to believe that when Ron has a "falling out," he doesn't keep it a secret, vis-a-vis Bob Page, Grant Hudson and most lately George Eichorn.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:36 pm

ShempLives wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:05 pm
I've come to believe that when Ron has a "falling out," he doesn't keep it a secret, vis-a-vis Bob Page, Grant Hudson and most lately George Eichorn.
What was the dust up with Grant Hudson about? That has to be a good one.
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

ShempLives

Post by ShempLives » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:46 pm

As I understand, Ron "bought" a radio station with him in Florida and somehow Ron lost out.

Momo

Post by Momo » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:57 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 9:59 am
radiofan1974 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 3:24 pm
Looking forward to hearing the old episode before Ron heads out to California, I am thinking Ron is probably slamming the area and city on his way out? Would be my guess
He took a lot of parting shots when he made his first (of many) departures from Detroit in 1992.

Detroit Free Press, 7/10/92

Ron said Grant Hudson ripped him off "pretty good" on this Florida radio venture.

Momo

Post by Momo » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:58 pm

ShempLives wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:05 pm
Has Ron ever had an unexpressed thought?

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:35 am

Momo wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:25 pm
Bobbert wrote:
sparty89 wrote:

I've thought about doing a parody of "Both Sides Now" for Ron. It would conclude with these lines:

I've looked at Ron from both sides now
From win and lose and still somehow
It's Ron's delusions I recall
I really don't know Ron at all

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:01 pm

Momo wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:57 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 9:59 am
radiofan1974 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 3:24 pm
Looking forward to hearing the old episode before Ron heads out to California, I am thinking Ron is probably slamming the area and city on his way out? Would be my guess
He took a lot of parting shots when he made his first (of many) departures from Detroit in 1992.

Ron said Grant Hudson ripped him off "pretty good" on this Florida radio venture.
I asked Aaron and Charlie if they could ask Ron if he has any good "Florida Man" stories, which is a regular feature of the Double A Revolving Door show.

https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 09#p774609

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:13 pm

Oh boy per freep, Killian Hayes has been waived.

sparty89

Post by sparty89 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:40 pm

radiofan1974 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:13 pm
Oh boy per freep, Killian Hayes has been waived.
According to Ron, their best point guard "BY FAR!!"

Momo

Post by Momo » Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:39 pm

As Ron’s famously a Mike Todd-like impresario, it would not surprise me if this newfound “feud” with George Eichorn (& his lady) is his way of promoting an upcoming surprise guest appearance.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic