Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Tue May 30, 2023 1:03 pm

From Chris McCosky's article in today's News:

"Eric Haase made his third straight start behind the plate. That's the first time this season one catcher has made three straight starts.

'Manager's decision,' was all Hinch would offer by way of explanation.

Haase, though, has been on a good run behind the plate. The starting pitchers in Haase's last four starts - Eduardo Rodriguez, Michael Lorenzen, Alex Faedo and Matthew Boyd - allowed a total of four earned runs.

Jake Rogers, the other Tigers' catcher, is healthy and he has no issue with Hinch riding a hot hand.

'He's catching better,' Rogers said of Haase. 'I told AJ, 'When you want me to play, I'll play. Whatever you think is best. You're the manager.''"

Left unsaid, but obvious to the trained eye, is the "Cameron" problem. That is, how will the Tigers, Chris Ilitch, AJ Hinch, Ron Colangelo, indivdually & collectively, deal with the inevitable thunderous pushback coming from the undisputed titan of Detroit sports talk radio, Ron Cameron?

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Tue May 30, 2023 2:27 pm

Momo wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 1:03 pm

"Eric Haase made his third straight start behind the plate. That's the first time this season one catcher has made three straight starts.

Haase, though, has been on a good run behind the plate. The starting pitchers in Haase's last four starts - Eduardo Rodriguez, Michael Lorenzen, Alex Faedo and Matthew Boyd - allowed a total of four earned runs.

Jake Rogers, the other Tigers' catcher, is healthy and he has no issue with Hinch riding a hot hand.

'He's catching better,' Rogers said of Haase. 'I told AJ, 'When you want me to play, I'll play. Whatever you think is best. You're the manager.''"

Left unsaid, but obvious to the trained eye, is the "Cameron" problem. That is, how will the Tigers, Chris Ilitch, AJ Hinch, Ron Colangelo, indivdually & collectively, deal with the inevitable thunderous pushback coming from the undisputed titan of Detroit sports talk radio, Ron Cameron?
This right here, could be the two hour show on Friday, so many angles for ron. From his thoughts on Chris mccosky, which we have heard many times to AJ Hinch and I will guess-the lack of guts he has to not put Rogers in

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue May 30, 2023 3:04 pm

radiofan1974 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 2:27 pm
Momo wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 1:03 pm

This right here, could be the two hour show on Friday, so many angles for ron. From his thoughts on Chris mccosky, which we have heard many times to AJ Hinch and I will guess-the lack of guts he has to not put Rogers in
Who's going to be the brave soul to challenge Ron after the tongue-lashing his boy Kurt just got?! Ron's attitude must be if you don't agree with him. buy your own time!

ShempLives

Post by ShempLives » Tue May 30, 2023 5:09 pm

I have bought time on WPON. To do so isn't difficult or expensive, the staff were friendly and accommodating.

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue May 30, 2023 5:51 pm

ShempLives wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 5:09 pm
I have bought time on WPON. To do so isn't difficult or expensive, the staff were friendly and accommodating.
What kind of programming?

ShempLives

Post by ShempLives » Tue May 30, 2023 5:57 pm

I bought four hours to broadcast on WPON from 10:00 to 14:00 on November 23, 2021. An old friend of mine who is a well known musician in the Detroit area turned 65 on that day and we played recordings that meant much to him and talked about various adventures plus took phone calls. (Search back postings on this forum to see my mentioning the event.)

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Tue May 30, 2023 8:30 pm

ShempLives wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 5:57 pm
I bought four hours to broadcast on WPON from 10:00 to 14:00 on November 23, 2021. An old friend of mine who is a well known musician in the Detroit area turned 65 on that day and we played recordings that meant much to him and talked about various adventures plus took phone calls. (Search back postings on this forum to see my mentioning the event.)
Sounds like a fun night talking and playing music you both enjoyed.

edj

Post by edj » Tue May 30, 2023 8:40 pm

I really hope Kurt sticks to his guns.

I have to admit: Angry Ron is hilarious.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed May 31, 2023 10:03 am

edj wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 8:40 pm

We make a lot of fun of Kurt, but I have to admit some grudging admiration for him for how he kept his composure last weekend when Ron went ballistic over Jake Rogers.

I'll second the comment about the entertainment value of Ron's outbursts.

Majik

Post by Majik » Wed May 31, 2023 11:13 am

Bobbert wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 10:03 am
edj wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 8:40 pm

We make a lot of fun of Kurt, but I have to admit some grudging admiration for him for how he kept his composure last weekend when Ron went ballistic over Jake Rogers.

I'll second the comment about the entertainment value of Ron's outbursts.
We had company over Sunday, so I missed out on that segment. I miss the podcast era. Ron has a talent for lulling you into boredom and then suddenly with the right prompt, delivers the goods.

Momo

Post by Momo » Wed May 31, 2023 12:18 pm

On Ron's return, Ron & Martin were on their best behavior. But we had to know that couldn't continue for long. And sure enough, we got a taste of their old fireworks on Sunday. Especially on Fridays, when things should be slower, I expect to see Ron trying to blame Martin. And Martin pushing back.

edj

Post by edj » Wed May 31, 2023 12:33 pm

I won't be able to listen to this Friday's edition of R Sizzle so I rely on the group for the highlights.

I've given my prediction of four callers. I wonder if the insurance callers will magically return.

Momo

Post by Momo » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:47 am

If Keith delivers Nick Libett as a guest, can Ron really say he's a "one-man operation"? Then there's Greg in Warren & all the leg work he's done for Ron.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:04 am

Momo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:47 am
If Keith delivers Nick Libett as a guest, can Ron really say he's a "one-man operation"? Then there's Greg in Warren & all the leg work he's done for Ron.
Ron probably thinks of himself as a radio version of an "auteur" (a word that he has probably never heard or read), which in the film world is a director who is the "primary creative force in a motion picture."

Momo

Post by Momo » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:28 am

Bobbert wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:04 am
Ron probably thinks of himself as a radio version of an "auteur" (a word that he has probably never heard or read), which in the film world is a director who is the "primary creative force in a motion picture."
I'm looking forward to the return to his old 11-1 time slot of the Detroit airwave's François Truffaut.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic