Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:55 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:01 pm
RC just throwing out names hoping one will stick. These so called next guests have no idea they are next up. I did hear Ron comment out loud to Denny about someone he had as a guest (Northrup?) than a little while later kicked the bucket. Ron aka Grim Reaper seems to have a strange attraction to these occurrences and takes a strange boasting to these happenings. Maybe he should put a disclaimer with all future guests, "after appearing on the Ron Cameron show some guests have been known to drop dead up to 4 weeks after appearing" - so Grim Reaper Cameron holds no liability in said guest death.
Yeah, Ron has some fetish about being close to the deaths of others (I wonder if it started with his close connection to JFK's assassination). I didn't hear him bring up Northrup's name to Denny in this context, but he's repeatedly made this claim in the past. As i've noted, there's a scintilla of truth, but only in that Northrup WAS a scheduled, heavily talked-up, guest in the few weeks before his passing. He was a no-show, though. But Ron didn't have to fervently hope that Jim was "okay" because, as I've oft-pointed out, this was the occasion when Ron returned from a news break, & dramaticallly paused before solemnly announcing that his guest wouldn't be on that hour because "his wife said he has Alzheimer's."

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:39 am

Ed Klee wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:25 pm
Rhinestone outfit wow, didn't that go out in the 70's
Happy Birthday Cowboy

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:58 am

On Sunday, Kurt said that 3 of the four infielders on his All I team played for the Tigers (Omar Infante, Jose Iglesias, Brandon Inge). He forgot that his first baseman Mike Ivie also played for the Tigers (1982 and 1983).

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play ... g_standard

Momo

Post by Momo » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:24 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:39 am
Happy Birthday Cowboy
Yes, Cowboy, as the chronicler of our times, your own (69th) birthday merits recognition. Many happy, healthy returns of the day.

edj

Post by edj » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:42 pm

Need some garbage around Cowboy, with his hoarding problem

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:10 pm

My prediction is that Ron's buddy Miguel Cabrera (Combrero) deservedly should and will be named to the AL all star team as the Tigers lone representative. His batting average is around the 300 mark and he leads the team in RBI's, Granted his power is gone and the team has been terrible offensively. Ron just hates him because he makes a ton of money and Ron has it in his head that Miggy didn't run hard to first base and that BS story about him wanting to go back and play in Miami (completely taken out of context). Once Ron gets something like that in his head, it's all over. I was LMAO when Ron said he got Jason Thompson traded. If a GM in this town is getting roster advice from blowhard R Sizzle, we got bigger issues.

Momo

Post by Momo » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:55 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:10 pm
My prediction is that Ron's buddy Miguel Cabrera (Combrero) deservedly should and will be named to the AL all star team as the Tigers lone representative. His batting average is around the 300 mark and he leads the team in RBI's, Granted his power is gone and the team has been terrible offensively. Ron just hates him because he makes a ton of money and Ron has it in his head that Miggy didn't run hard to first base and that BS story about him wanting to go back and play in Miami (completely taken out of context). Once Ron gets something like that in his head, it's all over.
If so, Ron's head will explode if he learns that Miggy's contract includes an incentive for being named to the All-Star team (assuming that, is, there's not a contractual distinction between being "voted" in & being a managerial selection):

https://www.mlb.com/news/tigers-slugger ... c-70693614

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:57 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:10 pm
My prediction is that Ron's buddy Miguel Cabrera (Combrero) deservedly should and will be named to the AL all star team as the Tigers lone representative. His batting average is around the 300 mark and he leads the team in RBI's, Granted his power is gone and the team has been terrible offensively. Ron just hates him because he makes a ton of money and Ron has it in his head that Miggy didn't run hard to first base and that BS story about him wanting to go back and play in Miami (completely taken out of context). Once Ron gets something like that in his head, it's all over. I was LMAO when Ron said he got Jason Thompson traded. If a GM in this town is getting roster advice from blowhard R Sizzle, we got bigger issues.
I agree too, at least as an honorary selection for his career accomplishments. I'm sure MLB would find a way to recognize those accomplishments during the game. And the loud sound you are hearing is Ron grinding his teeth.

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:33 pm

No podcasts yet this week.

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:11 pm

Our hero thinks he should be umpiring the All Star Game. He'd give anything to call Rocky Colavito out on strikes.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:47 pm

Is it just me or will Cabrera now always be known as “combero” :)

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:21 am

I'm not expecting a podcast this week. Did Ron and Denny talk about Denny's old teammate Dave Wickersham, who died on June 18? I know that Denny never misses the chance to tell an awkward and embarrassing story about an old teammate. And Ron probably tried to get hold of Dave for an interview just before his death.

Momo

Post by Momo » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:02 am

Bobbert wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:21 am
I'm not expecting a podcast this week. Did Ron and Denny talk about Denny's old teammate Dave Wickersham, who died on June 18? I know that Denny never misses the chance to tell an awkward and embarrassing story about an old teammate. And Ron probably tried to get hold of Dave for an interview just before his death.
No, Ron’s correspondents on the death beat, Kurt & Cowboy, haven’t reported the news of Wickersham’s passing. The only embarrassing tale about an ex-Tiger that I recall coming up with Denny was about Tom Timmerman.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:03 pm

Oh boy, I have a feeling I know what the big topic will be Sunday night, Miguel Cabrera, for those of you that may only know him as “combero” has been added to the all star team!

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:22 pm

radiofan1974 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:03 pm
Oh boy, I have a feeling I know what the big topic will be Sunday night, Miguel Cabrera, for those of you that may only know him as “combero” has been added to the all star team!
Yeah, but even though the likes of The Athletic’s Ken Rosenthal said Miggy deserved to be on the team as the Tigers’ representative (a selection, he noted, that would also have avoided the need to somehow find someone else from the team), he goes in as a legend pick of the Commissioner. So Ron can dismiss this as a mere honorary award. Unless the $100,000 contractual incentive kicks in. If that’s the case, Ron & Windsor Dave will have to be talked off the ledge.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic