Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:17 pm

Hmmm, President Biden. I don’t think Ron’s ever interviewed a president, but there was that infamous interview with the widow woman Kennedy.

And Ron would surely ask the Queen what the greatest thrill of her monarchy has been & if she always wanted to be the Queen. Maybe he’d also ask her if she has any plans to remarry (assuming, that is, the news of Philip’s passing has reached him).

Majik

Post by Majik » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:22 pm

Kidcat wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:35 pm
What an awful.show.Ron is struggling.I blame you Martin.I am going to take a page out of Mr.Positive's book.and remain positive.Martin i am going to help you help.Ron.Together we will get Ron back to number 1 in the market.Pay attention.I get you do not know anything about sports.Doesn't matter.Lets concentrate on getting big name guests regardless if they are in the world of sports.Let's start with President Biden.He is in London for a meeting with the Queen.He can be reached at buckingham palace.While you are at it let's get the Queen on as well.Now remember there is a time difference so friday's show is out.The Queen will be having dinner then so that would be rude.Hpw about you get President Biden on friday and the Queen on saturday.
I’m sure Ron would ask the Queen how her husband, the King, is doing.

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:39 pm

Momo wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:43 pm
windsorjoe wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:20 pm
Kidkat, I think you might be poking the bear. I’m sure Martin will be posting a rebuttal on Twitter soon enough.
If there are any approved followers on Twitter, please let us know what Martin has to say.
Martin is too busy catching up on the WPON teletype machine. He’s posting news of Bob Allison’s passing away a year ago.

Here is a screenshot:
https://ibb.co/X8tNGvM

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:56 pm

windsorjoe wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:39 pm
Momo wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:43 pm
windsorjoe wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:20 pm
Kidkat, I think you might be poking the bear. I’m sure Martin will be posting a rebuttal on Twitter soon enough.
If there are any approved followers on Twitter, please let us know what Martin has to say.
Martin is too busy catching up on the WPON teletype machine. He’s posting news of Bob Allison’s passing away a year ago.

Here is a screenshot:
https://ibb.co/X8tNGvM
This is great news.I take this as Martin has lined up President Joe Biden.for friday's show and the queen of england for saturday.That completed he has moved on to other tasks.Ladies and gentlemen the Ron Cameron comeback has begun.At a boy Martin

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:29 pm

Actually, Biden and Ron would be a delightful interview. Both ramble, so you don’t have to worry about questions. Biden would dose off and no one would notice, because Ron would just start telling stories. Martin - great idea getting Biden on the show!

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:11 am

Like Larry King, his onetime stringer, Ron doesn't place any value in prepping for an interview:

https://vimeo.com/217567402

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:16 am

Good morning Martin.If you think you are going to lay in bed basking in your glory you.are sadly mistaken.I need you to get Ron back to the station to cut a promo.Something along the lines of "this is Ron Cameron join me friday from 11 to 1 when my guest will be President Joe Biden and saturday from 2 to 4 when the queen of england will be stopping by for some lively sports chatter".Ron can be found at the fenton hotel.If he is not there try the rams horn restaurant. This promo should be played every hour.Now get at it.

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:14 am

Ron is great at doing promos. Just listen to this gem:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pFziMVy28mM

Majik

Post by Majik » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:15 am

Kidcat wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:16 am
Good morning Martin.If you think you are going to lay in bed basking in your glory you.are sadly mistaken.I need you to get Ron back to the station to cut a promo.Something along the lines of "this is Ron Cameron join me friday from 11 to 1 when my guest will be President Joe Biden and saturday from 2 to 4 when the queen of england will be stopping by for some lively sports chatter".Ron can be found at the fenton hotel.If he is not there try the rams horn restaurant. This promo should be played every hour.Now get at it.
If Joe Biden cancels, maybe they could get Hunter Biden instead. That would be a more interesting colorful interview.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:25 am

windsorjoe wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:14 am
Ron is great at doing promos. Just listen to this gem:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pFziMVy28mM
That's one-take ("day-old scallops") Ron.

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:05 pm

Kinda funny how Jackie Kallen even bothered to come on SportsTalk this past Saturday. She came off as polished and classy, preaching empathy and positivity, the complete opposite of R-Sizzle. When she was describing her interaction with the late-period Elvis, where she showed sympathy for a human chewed up and spit out by his popularity, Ron could only contribute something along the lines of “He was sweating like a greased pig”.

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:39 pm

If the appointment of Becky Harmon as a Spurs assistant coach was enough for Ron to sigh, "What is this world coming to?", I'm imagining his head will explode if a women becomes an NBA head coach.

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/ ... awn-staley

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:04 pm

Ron Cameron just has an aura of class.

Majik

Post by Majik » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:09 pm

Momo wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:39 pm
If the appointment of Becky Harmon as a Spurs assistant coach was enough for Ron to sigh, "What is this world coming to?", I'm imagining his head will explode if a women becomes an NBA head coach.

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/ ... awn-staley
Heck, I'd be curious to see how the egos of the NBA handle it.

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:23 pm

Martin. I am not hearing any promo ads for Ron's friday and saturday shows.What happened?I am trying really hard not to believe what people are saying about you. It is time to focus.In a few days Ron will be on.with the President of the United States.Listen up this is important.Before going on the air you might want to mention that Ron left his previous station because they were promoting Donald Trump.Something about Trump giving Ron stomach problems.Biden will like this. IF Ron.and the President decide to take callers make sure Mr.Positive is the first caller.Let him stay on.as long as he likes.On the same token do not put Kurt on.He will kill the show.Ron will lose listeners and Biden will never come on again.Now get your head out of your ass and do what you are being paid to do.Good luck.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic