Lots of new registrations this past week; thank you! Registrations in the queue from March 27 through April 5 at 12:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kid Rock

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Herm

Re: Kid Rock

Post by Herm » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:54 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:44 pm
This is a non-issue to me. It's this week's outrage and will be gone in a few days. But I am curious about one thing. He sent out a guilt-trip type of statement about all the money he brought to the area, and ended it with TRUMP 2020. So, are there any right-wingers or Trump supporters that like to tell entertainers, musicians, actors, athletes to "shut up and stick to music" or "stay out of politics and just dribble the ball" around to tell Kid Rock to stick to music and stay out of politics? Has he received any criticism from the right who like to tell the likes of DeNiro and Streep to shut the fuck up?

I was just wondering.
You bring up 2 good points.
This IS a non-issue and it won’t matter much in the near future.
The celebrity political opinion hypocrisy is very real.
I have a couple of ultra religious right wing aunts. They love to talk about how celebrities should keep their political opinions to themselves... until James Woods “totally roasts a liberal on Twitter”... then they’re cool with it. LMAO

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:05 am

Herm wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:54 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:44 pm
This is a non-issue to me. It's this week's outrage and will be gone in a few days. But I am curious about one thing. He sent out a guilt-trip type of statement about all the money he brought to the area, and ended it with TRUMP 2020. So, are there any right-wingers or Trump supporters that like to tell entertainers, musicians, actors, athletes to "shut up and stick to music" or "stay out of politics and just dribble the ball" around to tell Kid Rock to stick to music and stay out of politics? Has he received any criticism from the right who like to tell the likes of DeNiro and Streep to shut the fuck up?

I was just wondering.
You bring up 2 good points.
This IS a non-issue and it won’t matter much in the near future.
The celebrity political opinion hypocrisy is very real.
I have a couple of ultra religious right wing aunts. They love to talk about how celebrities should keep their political opinions to themselves... until James Woods “totally roasts a liberal on Twitter”... then they’re cool with it. LMAO
Of course. When you live in a society that thinks if you put FACT in front of a statement it makes it true, and believe that opinions can be right or wrong, you're gonna have one of these things every 24-72 hours. All it serves to do is pit the usual suspects against each other, fingers waving, shouting "YOUR side is the REAL boogeyman!".

Look, we all know who both characters are. Going back to the days of Kwame, I've never heard anything good about Sam Riddle. Ever. And Robert Ritchie? The less said, the better. This doesn't take money from my bank account, doesn't affect me personally, doesn't cause me to starve or lose my house so, well...fuck it. I'm so burnt out on these kinds of things, it really doesn't matter anymore. It's like playing MadLibs. _________ said _________ about _______. ________ responded __________ about ___________. _________'s supporters/fans/followers said ___________ about ___________ and that the media _______________. Just fill in the blanks and go.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

jsf

Post by jsf » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:30 am

Some people love free speech until they don't agree with what's said!

Vic Doucette

Post by Vic Doucette » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:00 pm

jsf wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:30 am
How have his rights to "free speech" been violated?

In the first place, if you mean the speech protected by the First Amendment to the Constitution, read the amendment again. The first five words, "Congress shall make no law", means that the government cannot censor you. It doesn't apply to private citizens or corporations.

In the second place, who, exactly, is preventing him from speaking? Nobody is doing that. He says what he wants in his nightclub, in his Facebook posts and on his recordings.

Perhaps you think "free speech" means, "you can say what you want and not have to suffer any consequences." Sorry, but life doesn't work that way.

Support The Miracle League of Michigan -- because EVERY child deserves the chance to play baseball!
Visit www.michiganmiracle.org

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:46 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:00 pm
jsf wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:30 am
How have his rights to "free speech" been violated?

In the first place, if you mean the speech protected by the First Amendment to the Constitution, read the amendment again. The first five words, "Congress shall make no law", means that the government cannot censor you. It doesn't apply to private citizens or corporations.

In the second place, who, exactly, is preventing him from speaking? Nobody is doing that. He says what he wants in his nightclub, in his Facebook posts and on his recordings.

Perhaps you think "free speech" means, "you can say what you want and not have to suffer any consequences." Sorry, but life doesn't work that way.
You are right to call this out, Vic Douche. Kid Rock has the right to express himself. And others are free to express their disapproval, hatred, and call for a boycott. As long as the cops aren’t called in to violate everyone’s rights, I’m cool with it.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:20 pm

The only thing Kid Rock has done that means anything is PAMELA ANDERSON POONTANG!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic