Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The anchor shuffle at WWJ

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 24

The anchor shuffle at WWJ

Post by Deleted User 24 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:35 pm

Jackie Paige and Jason Scott are WWJ's new anchors
George Fox

CATEGORIES: News Local News

(WWJ) A talent shuffle was announced at WWJ Newsradio on Monday that landed on-air hosts Jackie Paige and Jason Scott as the new afternoon drive team, effective December 9. Paige and Scott will be heard weekdays from 2 -7 p.m. ET on air and through the digital stream on RADIO.COM.

Current afternoon drive host Brooke Allen will move to middays, anchoring 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Allen will also focus on special projects including her “Difference Maker” feature, which highlights people helping others in the community.

“WWJ prides itself in being a reliable and trusted news source and this revamped lineup will allow us to better serve our listeners,” said Debbie Kenyon, Senior Vice President and Market Manager of Entercom Detroit. “Jackie and Jason’s passion for live and local news reporting will connect with listeners across metro Detroit and all of Michigan, while Brooke’s rapport with her audience will help our midday timeslot reach new heights.”

Paige has served as the station’s midday host since 2013. She has also served as an anchor for the market’s FOX television affiliate WJBK-TV. Scott has most recently held the role of evening drive on-air host for WWJ News Radio 950 since 2018.

New WWJ News Radio 950 weekday programming is as follows:

12:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m.:

Jim Matthews

5:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.:

Tom Jordan & Roberta Jasina

10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.:

Brooke Allen

2:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.:

Jackie Paige & Jason Scott

7:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.:

Temporary Programming **A new host will be announced in early 2020.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: The anchor shuffle at WWJ

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:02 pm

Good move!

I was just thinking the other day how Jackie Paige would sound so much better in PM Drive than Brooke Allen, whose delivery is a little too serious and NPR-ish for my liking.

It would not surprise me if poor ratings spurred this change.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Deleted User 3751

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:14 pm

In my opinion, from 10 AM to 7 PM has been all female voices. Before I get jumped on for dissing females on the air, I love good female anchors however, there hasn't be any authoritative male voice on the air during that time period since Greg Bowman retired. Having Jason Scott on the in afternoon drive is a good move, with Jackie. At this point, I would leave the midday alone with Brooke and Tracy. Any other thoughts out there?

fanniemae

Post by fanniemae » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:54 pm

I enjoy WWJ radio. Listen to it for traffic and weather info when driving.. But there is a weekend midnight anchor lady that needs to quit speaking with a " sing song " type of on air delivery. Very grating on the nerves.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:30 pm

fanniemae wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:54 pm
I enjoy WWJ radio. Listen to it for traffic and weather info when driving.. But there is a weekend midnight anchor lady that needs to quit speaking with a " sing song " type of on air delivery. Very grating on the nerves.
That would be Stephanie Davis, who has always spoken that way, so not likely to be quitting.
I remember hearing her years ago doing morning show news on the old WDTR, sounding just like she does now.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:39 pm

I heard Greg Bowman's last shift. It seems that Brooke Allen is in real life Mrs. Greg Bowman. That's why they worked so well together.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic