Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Really? This is good radio?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
bobhuge

Really? This is good radio?

Post by bobhuge » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:40 am

I had to spend a couple of days in the D, and got to check out Dave and Chuck the Freak.

Hmmm.... I'm glad we just play mostly music. It befuddles me as to why you would want to listen to these folks. It wasn't funny. It wasn't interesting. It was just people reading odd stories from the web and trying to make the stories more funny. Wow.

I know I'm gonna take some hits from this, but I don't get it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Really? This is good radio?

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:11 am

Your views match mine 100 percent on this.

I've long hated their show.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:36 pm

They were never funny, be it on WRIF or 89X. They seem to appeal to 12 year olds. I had an ex girlfriend who loved the show... let’s just say it made morning car rides less than stellar.

Realist

Post by Realist » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:57 pm

And yet Dave and Chuck are syndicated on 2-3 other Beasley stations - WTF? NOT FUNNY!

kjblaze

Post by kjblaze » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:58 pm

OK Boomers...

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:47 pm

Haven't listened to WRIF since they canned Drew & Mike (well actually just didn't renew their contract), none the less they also stated they wanted a younger demographic, so I obliged....thank goodness for Sirius/XM radio.....

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:28 pm

bobhuge wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:40 am
I had to spend a couple of days in the D, and got to check out Dave and Chuck the Freak.

Hmmm.... I'm glad we just play mostly music. It befuddles me as to why you would want to listen to these folks. It wasn't funny. It wasn't interesting. It was just people reading odd stories from the web and trying to make the stories more funny. Wow.

I know I'm gonna take some hits from this, but I don't get it.
I've always been of the opinion that if someone did a survey, most would say they would rather hear music instead of mouth on the radio.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:32 am

It is what it is. If you are looking for music, they are not for you. So dont tune them in.
If you are looking for serious news, they are not for you. So dont tune them in.
If you are looking for intelligent conversation, they are not for you. So dont tune them in.
If you are looking for dumb humor and nothing serious with some chuckles here and there then they can oblige.
Dont buy a grapefruit and complain it doesnt taste like watermelon.

Studio87

Post by Studio87 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:05 am

I disagree, I like the show been listening to them since 2003. I listen to the podcast at work to kill the boredom. I do skip some parts.

Time to stop corporations from ruining Local TV and Radio

Gertner

Post by Gertner » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:08 am

Love their podcast

I don't expect a bunch of geriatrics to like them. Maybe safe spaces like The Breeze is more up your alley

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:50 pm

As someone who listens to serious political talk on WDTK, im one of the last people you would expect to be defending this show.....let alone listening to it.
But...
I dont really care about the hosts. But I like the odd or unusual stories they feature. I cant always listen to rants about impeachement and Russia. If Im on the road, ill tune in to hear about wierd stuff in Japan or what kind of crazy botched robbery some Floridian tried to pull. Its sort of the balance my mind needs. Yes, they can get annoying. But their stories are interesting in a twisted way and are a more lighthearted way to start the day.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic