Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Another glaring example of the PATHETIC news media in the Detroit market...

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Another glaring example of the PATHETIC news media in the Detroit market...

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:32 am

Why has there been ZERO follow-up on this major story from last summer, which received statewide attention?

https://www.michiganradio.org/post/mich ... ted-driver

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 681021001/

https://fox17online.com/2019/07/05/troo ... er-driver/

Deleted User 7769

Re: Another glaring example of the PATHETIC news media in the Detroit market...

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:01 pm

Good question. Especially since it follows the media narrative that cops are inherently malicious and believe they’re above the law.

I’d say they’re too busy promoting themselves and pushing the agenda of impeaching Trump at every level. Local, State and Federal. Don’t these news directors care about ratings? I’d rather watch —-literally anything else—- or listen to Christmas music (Which I cannot do) than tune into any of our local affiliates. And lately- especially WWJ has been horrible. It’s 24/7 impeach impeach impeach. I don’t even like Trump and I can’t stand it.

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:09 pm

The state must have offered the victim a very large out of court settlement with a non-disclosure clause. That was very embarrassing for MSP.

joe60

Post by joe60 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:43 am

Probably nothing to follow up on

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:50 pm

It would be interesting to know what happened to that State Trooper, but if the victim was paid off and can't speak about it, then it's very hard to do a story on it. The media securing that security footage guaranteed the guy who was wrongly arrested a nice payday and made that State Trooper very unpopular within MSP.

SixPlusOne

Post by SixPlusOne » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:11 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:32 am
Why has there been ZERO follow-up on this major story.........
Metal this could be said regarding many stories even at the national level. Have you viewed even one "follow-up" when fires in California are finally put out? These people are only interested in the immediate. After that it's old and filed away. It's sometimes called "Narrow-Vision".

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:31 pm

In response to some earlier posts:

Whether or not the victim and his family has signed a non-disclosure order is irrelevant here!

There is no reason why someone from WWJ / Fox 2 / Loco 4 / Circle 7 can't either (a) send someone to MSP Headquarters in Lansing or (b) reach out to the MSP spokesperson by telephone to request an update as to the employment status of the piece of trash officer who ran the stop sign and unlawfully arrested the other driver that day!

If the MSP refuses to divulge the info, then we (the taxpayers) should be made aware of the cover-up!

Perhaps I should check MetroTimes or Deadline Detroit instead of waiting on our shitty mainstream media outlets to provide a follow-up report. There's probably a better chance of me obtaining an update from one of those two outlets.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic