All accepted registrations through October 6 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Will There be "Terrorism Alerts" during Tiger Broadcasts?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario

fuzzpower
Posts: 426
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:37 pm

Re: Will There be "Terrorism Alerts" during Tiger Broadcasts?

Post by fuzzpower » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:19 pm

Second link is extremely biased.

Does it really matter anyhow if there are no viewers due to a terrible team?



DAC
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:43 pm

Re: Will There be "Terrorism Alerts" during Tiger Broadcasts?

Post by DAC » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:59 pm

I am more curious about what the branding and presentation will be like. I hope there aren't a lot of personnel changes. I have grown to like the Fox Sports presentation for Detroit Sports. On the plus side, hopefully there will be some synergies with the Sinclair owned stations to bring some games to free TV.



Momo
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Will There be "Terrorism Alerts" during Tiger Broadcasts?

Post by Momo » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:31 am

Oy vey.



fuzzpower
Posts: 426
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:37 pm

Re: Will There be "Terrorism Alerts" during Tiger Broadcasts?

Post by fuzzpower » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:13 am

DAC wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:59 pm
I am more curious about what the branding and presentation will be like. I hope there aren't a lot of personnel changes. I have grown to like the Fox Sports presentation for Detroit Sports. On the plus side, hopefully there will be some synergies with the Sinclair owned stations to bring some games to free TV.
Hopefully belt stealer Craig Monroe is fired. He’s a joke.



jsf
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:06 am
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Will There be "Terrorism Alerts" during Tiger Broadcasts?

Post by jsf » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:47 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:13 am
DAC wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:59 pm
I am more curious about what the branding and presentation will be like. I hope there aren't a lot of personnel changes. I have grown to like the Fox Sports presentation for Detroit Sports. On the plus side, hopefully there will be some synergies with the Sinclair owned stations to bring some games to free TV.
Hopefully belt stealer Craig Monroe is fired. He’s a joke.
He always sounds like he's trying to get a coaching job.



User avatar
SolarMax
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:59 pm
Location: 313

Re: Will There be "Terrorism Alerts" during Tiger Broadcasts?

Post by SolarMax » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:08 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:19 pm
Second link is extremely biased. ...
Nope.
Nothing in there that is not already well-known about Sinclair's practices.



CurlyHoward
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:50 pm

Re: Will There be "Terrorism Alerts" during Tiger Broadcasts?

Post by CurlyHoward » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:51 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:13 am
DAC wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:59 pm
I am more curious about what the branding and presentation will be like. I hope there aren't a lot of personnel changes. I have grown to like the Fox Sports presentation for Detroit Sports. On the plus side, hopefully there will be some synergies with the Sinclair owned stations to bring some games to free TV.
Hopefully belt stealer Craig Monroe is fired. He’s a joke.
They can replace him with Boris Epshteyn or Sharyl Atkisson!

"The Tigers welcome the Minnesota Twins for a three-game series later this week, like how the weak and degenerate Europeans welcomed Muslims into their country and now Stockholm, Munich, Amsterdam and Paris are under Sharia law!"



JLesinski
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 11:43 pm

Re: Will There be "Terrorism Alerts" during Tiger Broadcasts?

Post by JLesinski » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:03 pm

The whole point of Media Matters is to push a Liberal Point of view in counterbalance to any perceived Conservative point of view. It was literally created for that very purpose.

"Media Matters for America was founded in May 2004 by David Brock, a former conservative journalist who became a liberal. Brock said that he founded the organization to combat the conservative journalism sector that he had once been a part of. He founded the group with help from the Center for American Progress. Initial donors included Leo Hindery, Susie Tompkins Buell, and James Hormel."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Matters_for_America



fuzzpower
Posts: 426
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:37 pm

Re: Will There be "Terrorism Alerts" during Tiger Broadcasts?

Post by fuzzpower » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:04 pm

JLesinski wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:03 pm
The whole point of Media Matters is to push a Liberal Point of view in counterbalance to any perceived Conservative point of view. It was literally created for that very purpose.

"Media Matters for America was founded in May 2004 by David Brock, a former conservative journalist who became a liberal. Brock said that he founded the organization to combat the conservative journalism sector that he had once been a part of. He founded the group with help from the Center for American Progress. Initial donors included Leo Hindery, Susie Tompkins Buell, and James Hormel."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Matters_for_America
Exactly. What do the more neutral sources thins?



User avatar
Myron Falwell
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:06 pm

Re: Will There be "Terrorism Alerts" during Tiger Broadcasts?

Post by Myron Falwell » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Sinclair is more likely to run these RSNs on the cheap. Any type of political shenanigans would burn bridges with the teams said RSNs have contracts with.

It also should be noted that the main impetus for this deal was their current inability to buy any more television stations (since being placed in the FCC's doghouse after their shenanigans with WGN-TV and WPIX came to light, which doomed their merger with Tribune).


I have no need for Boring McGraphics, tyvm

MasterB
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Re: Will There be "Terrorism Alerts" during Tiger Broadcasts?

Post by MasterB » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:58 pm

I don't see Sinclair airing Terrorism Alerts on the RSN's will just put ROH maybe some content from Stadium Byron Allens American Athlete etc.


Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic