All accepted registrations through November 16 at 7:00a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Nkenge Zola passes

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Vic Doucette

Nkenge Zola passes

Post by Vic Doucette » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:42 pm

I am seein Facebook posts saying that longtime WDET-FM arts & culture reporter and program host Nkenge Zola has passed away.

Support The Miracle League of Michigan -- because EVERY child deserves the chance to play baseball!
Visit www.michiganmiracle.org

IIN4MU

Re: Nkenge Zola passes

Post by IIN4MU » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:47 pm

I loved her voice, her style, and her presentation on the air. She was a big reason why I tuned into 'DET back in the day. May she rest in peace.

Vic Doucette

Post by Vic Doucette » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:57 am

A mellifluous alto voice with a "presence" that really came through on the air. I once told her that I had a radio station inside my head and that she was the production director. She got a charge out of that.

Great musical taste and deeply committed to the arts and culture scene in Detroit. Cool but never standoffish, smart, funny, gracious, gorgeous. One of the best broadcasters in Detroit. RIP.

Support The Miracle League of Michigan -- because EVERY child deserves the chance to play baseball!

Vic Doucette

Post by Vic Doucette » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:01 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic