Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Will There be "Terrorism Alerts" during Tiger Broadcasts?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario

fuzzpower

Re: Will There be "Terrorism Alerts" during Tiger Broadcasts?

Post by fuzzpower » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:19 pm

Second link is extremely biased.

Does it really matter anyhow if there are no viewers due to a terrible team?

DAC

Post by DAC » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:59 pm

I am more curious about what the branding and presentation will be like. I hope there aren't a lot of personnel changes. I have grown to like the Fox Sports presentation for Detroit Sports. On the plus side, hopefully there will be some synergies with the Sinclair owned stations to bring some games to free TV.

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:31 am

Oy vey.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:13 am

DAC wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:59 pm
I am more curious about what the branding and presentation will be like. I hope there aren't a lot of personnel changes. I have grown to like the Fox Sports presentation for Detroit Sports. On the plus side, hopefully there will be some synergies with the Sinclair owned stations to bring some games to free TV.
Hopefully belt stealer Craig Monroe is fired. He’s a joke.

jsf

Post by jsf » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:47 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:13 am
DAC wrote:
He always sounds like he's trying to get a coaching job.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:08 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:19 pm
Second link is extremely biased. ...
Nope.
Nothing in there that is not already well-known about Sinclair's practices.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:51 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:13 am
DAC wrote:
They can replace him with Boris Epshteyn or Sharyl Atkisson!

"The Tigers welcome the Minnesota Twins for a three-game series later this week, like how the weak and degenerate Europeans welcomed Muslims into their country and now Stockholm, Munich, Amsterdam and Paris are under Sharia law!"

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:03 pm

The whole point of Media Matters is to push a Liberal Point of view in counterbalance to any perceived Conservative point of view. It was literally created for that very purpose.

"Media Matters for America was founded in May 2004 by David Brock, a former conservative journalist who became a liberal. Brock said that he founded the organization to combat the conservative journalism sector that he had once been a part of. He founded the group with help from the Center for American Progress. Initial donors included Leo Hindery, Susie Tompkins Buell, and James Hormel."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Matters_for_America

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:04 pm

JLesinski wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:03 pm
The whole point of Media Matters is to push a Liberal Point of view in counterbalance to any perceived Conservative point of view. It was literally created for that very purpose.

"Media Matters for America was founded in May 2004 by David Brock, a former conservative journalist who became a liberal. Brock said that he founded the organization to combat the conservative journalism sector that he had once been a part of. He founded the group with help from the Center for American Progress. Initial donors included Leo Hindery, Susie Tompkins Buell, and James Hormel."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Matters_for_America
Exactly. What do the more neutral sources thins?

Myron Falwell

Post by Myron Falwell » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Sinclair is more likely to run these RSNs on the cheap. Any type of political shenanigans would burn bridges with the teams said RSNs have contracts with.

It also should be noted that the main impetus for this deal was their current inability to buy any more television stations (since being placed in the FCC's doghouse after their shenanigans with WGN-TV and WPIX came to light, which doomed their merger with Tribune).

I have no need for Boring McGraphics, tyvm

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:58 pm

I don't see Sinclair airing Terrorism Alerts on the RSN's will just put ROH maybe some content from Stadium Byron Allens American Athlete etc.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic