Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The WLLZ Fix List.

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
JLesinski

Re: The WLLZ Fix List.

Post by JLesinski » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:05 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:12 pm
I'm sorry, but WLLZ has got to get rid of the Bryan Adams, Journey, Boston and Queen shit in order to compel me to listen to that station with any sort of regularity.

That said, the new artist adds are a step in the right direction. If you're gonna proclaims yourselves as the "Next Generation of Classic Rock," you damn well better be playing a wide selection of 90's and early 2K's rock! I am unsure if such a music position meshes well with the WLLZ / Wheels brand, though.
Exactly. Thats what I've been saying since day 1. Dont tell us youre "The new Generation of Classic Rock" and then give us the fucking Doors and Lynyrd Skynryd and a playlist dominated by overplayed 70's songs. They do throw some stuff in there they should be playing every once and awhile but its too inconsistent. Its very simple WLLZ: play great tunes from the 80 and 90's with a few early 2000's thrown in.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:22 pm

So, I see Fake Wheels is playing mediocre songs from Papa Roach, Trapt and Fuel on a regular basis but no Tool, Pantera, Megadeth, Sponge, Audioslave, Rage Against The Machine (an absolutely quintessential 90's band!!!), Days of the New, Local H, Oasis, Toadies, Godsmack, Limp Bizkit, and not even any semi-deep cuts from the Seattle grunge bands.

Holy crap is Casey K. a LOUSY programmer.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:18 pm

Yeah, wtf man! NOBODY is playing Sponge anymore. They were everywhere for a couple of years and then poof...gone.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 14990

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:23 pm

Time for a trade in. :)

Rage Against The Machine- Bulls on parade
Pantera-I'm Broken
Limp Bizkit- Rearranged
Megadeth- Peace Sells( but who's buying)
Iron Maiden- Aces High
Metallica- Leaper Messiah
Black Sabbath- NIB
Sponge- Rotting Pinata
Anthrax- I'm The man
King Diamond- Charon(ok I'm totally dreaming on this one :) )
Judas Priest- Stained Class( I wish)

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:04 pm

Open letter to the Pinheads running WLLZ:

Dear Pinheads,

Did you know Ratt and Tesla have sold over 18 and 14 million records respectively and have more than 1 good song each?
Did you know Van Halen still made good music into the early 90's? And that their catalog of solid recordings didnt end with 1984?
Did you know Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and Alice in Chains all have more than 2 good songs?
Did you know most rock and roll fans are tired of hearing Sweet Child O' Mine and Paradise City? Or that those arent even Guns and Roses best songs?
Did you know Bob Seger, lynyrd Skynryd or Pink Floyd can in no way be considered "The next generation of classic rock"?
Do you know your ratings are trending downward? Can you think of a reason why?
Do you know that what you should be playing more than anything else is great songs by great bands from the 80's and 90's?
Last edited by JLesinski on Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:53 pm

The automation fucked up this morning (because why the hell have a warm body in the studio at 10 on a Sunday morning?) and somehow cut off the last minute of Smells Like Teen Spirit. Casey uh-K must have-uh voice tracked the air-uh shift on 106-uh point 7-uh WLL-uh Z.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:39 pm

WRIF is kicking all sorts of ass lately. I find myself listening to them more and more. WLLZ still can't get it right.
Still WAY too much overplayed 70's stuff and safe hits we've all heard a million times. Its not that hard Casey: kick ass songs from the 80's and 90's. Play those.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:15 pm

A couple of weeks ago on the New Wheelz I heard the dj say "Here's Metallica." The next thing I heard was Bad Company. I thought it was kind of funny.

48125er

Post by 48125er » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:51 pm

LLZ must be taking programming advice from their also shitty west michigan counterpart, The Brew.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:43 pm

sfpcc wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:15 pm
A couple of weeks ago on the New Wheelz I heard the dj say "Here's Metallica." The next thing I heard was Bad Company. I thought it was kind of funny.
Nothing screams "the next generation of classic rock!" like Bad Company, The Doors or Jimi Hendrix. :?

szmigiel

Post by szmigiel » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:06 am

WLLZ has grown so stale I don't even check it very often anymore. I should probably remove it from my presets, but then again there really isn't anything to replace it with either.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:10 pm

szmigiel wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:06 am
WLLZ has grown so stale I don't even check it very often anymore. I should probably remove it from my presets, but then again there really isn't anything to replace it with either.
Yep. I think we all had such high hopes for them. Its just more of the same old same old though. Said they were gonna be new and fresh and we hear the same tired stuff.

senpaisai

Post by senpaisai » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:49 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:22 pm
So, I see Fake Wheels is playing mediocre songs from Papa Roach, Trapt and Fuel on a regular basis but no Tool, Pantera, Megadeth, Sponge, Audioslave, Rage Against The Machine (an absolutely quintessential 90's band!!!), Days of the New, Local H, Oasis, Toadies, Godsmack, Limp Bizkit, and not even any semi-deep cuts from the Seattle grunge bands.

Holy crap is Casey K. a LOUSY programmer.
I've been trying to get them to purge the cruft in favor of Krokus, Savatage, Testament, Y&T, Dream Theater, Metal Church, and MSG along with Tool, Pantera, and the rest of the bands you mentioned. The only love I get is from Anne Erickson ... who would be killing subwoofers if she was the PD instead of Casey ... :lol:

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:00 pm

In fairness - I cannot stand WCSX's current playlist, either!

bobhuge

Post by bobhuge » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:34 pm

Stream WIDL via Android or at rdo.to/widl.

Get what you want without all the bitching. 😉

We'd love to have you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic