All accepted registrations through October 19 at 7:00a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Big changes in just released June ratings survey; WJR hits all-time record low

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
JGP1954

Re: Big changes in just released June ratings survey; WJR hits all-time record low

Post by JGP1954 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:27 pm

Myron Falwell wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:59 am
JGP1954 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:11 pm
For evenings, bring back the one-hour "WJR SportsWrap at 7pm. Followed by Warren Pierce, Hal Youngblood, or David Newman from 8p to 11p. Followed by the "WJR News Final" at 11pm. and end the evening with the 11:15 "WJR Sports Final" with Bob Page, Paul Carey, or Bob Reynolds. Now, that's great radio listening.
Didn’t David Newman had to retire in 2001 after suffering a stroke?

I don’t know what they should put in on the evening, but it has to be someone that can compel viable demos to tune in without alienating the remaining audience. That’s an even more daunting task with 97.1 controlling the Tigers, Red Wings and Pistons rights.

Plus there’s little chance that JR goes local in evenings any time soon, if ever again.

I was being a bit tongue and cheek with my post. Most of those people I cited are dead. However, they were past stellar locally-originated talent. I know Cumulus economics would never pay a talented, unique personality for the evening daypart. And, Yes, David Newman did suffer a stroke, and retired from broadcasting. I would like to hear how his life turned out, afterwards. He's a truly brilliant and talented man.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic