Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Big changes in just released June ratings survey; WJR hits all-time record low

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
SpartanAM

Re: Big changes in just released June ratings survey; WJR hits all-time record low

Post by SpartanAM » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:54 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:26 pm
WDTK used to subscribe and drew a 0.1 or 0.2. Their flea powered translator may be the reason the numbers were that high. Does the station even have any sort of weekday local show? I haven’t listened in a few years.

Hugh Hewitt is as boring as Bill Bennett was. Horrible choice for AM Drive.
For what it's worth, John McCulloch ,formerly of WJR does host a one hour show weekday evenings. The point I was trying to make was that WDTK could be contributing to WJRs downward trend of market share. Conservative talk listeners may have jumped ship. If you're a hard core Trump supporter, why bother listening to 760 when you could just keep it locked to 1400 and 101.5?

To the hostile invading aliens hovering just beyond Earth's atmosphere, “Eat the Canadians first!”

-R.I.P. Ian Punnett

borderboy653659200

Re: Big changes in just released June ratings survey; WJR hits all-time record low

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:47 am

Or perhaps sponsors have jumped ship !!!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:49 pm

Salem conservative talk outlets usually score no better than a 0.5 share. The stronger performers (like KRLA) get a 0.8 or 0.9 on occasion. The Detroit stations are among the weaker ones of the group from a market coverage standpoint. 101.5's signal stinks north of M59 and south of Ford Rd. It's also flimsy along the I-94 corridor in Macomb County.

Any impact on 760 is likely minor.

My guess is 760's afternoon drive and weekend ratings are terrible.

TomSanders

Post by TomSanders » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:52 pm

65, wow. They need someone the young people will like, who can get those millennials and Gen Zs to rediscover AM radio. Say, a thirtyish female, maybe a trans, at least a lesbian and definitely out, who giggles a lot and frequently doesn't come to work (calls in "sick"), forcing her producer to cover the show when they don't run a repeat. Can't talk in complete sentences and uses at least one "like" or "y'know" in each fragment she does manage to say. Disagree with her and you're banned for life. That'll get 'em back! Two books and she's #1 in her daypart.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:12 pm

I may actually check out MIX 92.3.
They must be good to beat CSX like 3 times in a row.

Music is my life.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:21 pm

Jeff Dugan wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:51 am
WJR needs Hannity back in the 3-6 slot, and be rid of Guy Gordon and Mitch Albom.
Hannity was never in the PM drive slot on WJR. He was carried on "tape delay" at 7PM. Hannity has a bad habit of yelling "Breaking news! Breaking news!" on his shows, and by the time he said that on WJR, it wasn't breaking news anymore. As my old friend, Michael Packer, often said, "You can't air repeats of a current events talk show" which is 100% correct.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:38 pm

Peak traffic on the afternoon drive in Detroit starts at 4PM. For a number of years, 760 carried the first two hours of Hannity's show live. He replaced Albom in the 3p to 5p slot (Albom originally aired from 3p to 6p).

Years later, Hannity was replaced by Savage in the 3p to 5p slot when Lew Dickey decided to cancel Hannity from all large and major market Cumulus stations.

windsor

Post by windsor » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:31 pm

Thats the last time I tuned in WJR was when Hannity was 3-6 when he went to DTK Savage took the slot I also tuned him in now Savage is late night???

Guy Gordon and especially Mitch .....suck!!!

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:51 pm

I don’t think Savage is on WJR. If he is it must be tape delay fairly late.

I don’t recall if he is on WLBY Ann Arbor.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:11 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:38 pm
Peak traffic on the afternoon drive in Detroit starts at 4PM. For a number of years, 760 carried the first two hours of Hannity's show live. He replaced Albom in the 3p to 5p slot (Albom originally aired from 3p to 6p).

Years later, Hannity was replaced by Savage in the 3p to 5p slot when Lew Dickey decided to cancel Hannity from all large and major market Cumulus stations.
I have absolutely no memory of Hannity being in PM drive on WJR. None. When I left the Golden Tower for the last time, he was still on at 7PM. The next time I heard Hannity, he was on WDTK. It goes to show you how seldom some of us tune past WJR, I guess :lol

I have tried, numerous times, to listen to Guy Gordon. Listening to Guy try to stay in the middle lane on every topic does not make for very compelling radio. WJR should have brought back "Sportswrap" at 7PM, the minute they became a Lions affiliate again. Having a different "disguised infomercial" on every night at 7PM may be profitable in the short run, but it's going to drag down your TSL.

It's a shame we don't have another option for Talk in Detroit, as we did when Chuck Fritz owned WXYT. What passes for talk radio here now leaves much to be desired. It's a shame nobody has the stones (or the budget) to try it again on 1270, or even 1130.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:18 pm

Because of all the time shifting, many people go to 560 KSFO on iHeart Radio. I'm tired of programming people who shift certain programs just because they don't like their politics. And replace them with the disturbed panderer Mitch Albom. By sticking his show in between the rest, it drives listeners away.
Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:20 pm

1130 or 1270 will not switch unless the stations are sold.

The only other station even trying talk is 910, and that’s barely.

Myron Falwell

Post by Myron Falwell » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:42 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:11 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:38 pm

I have absolutely no memory of Hannity being in PM drive on WJR. None. When I left the Golden Tower for the last time, he was still on at 7PM. The next time I heard Hannity, he was on WDTK. It goes to show you how seldom some of us tune past WJR, I guess :lol
Lol it happens.

I have no need for Boring McGraphics, tyvm

JGP1954

Post by JGP1954 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:37 pm

Hey, I would love to hear Jim Bohannon in Detroit. He skews slightly to the right. But, he has a newsman's sense of fairness. On my way home at night, I have to listen to him on KDKA, which fades in and out. Strangely, I don't ever recall Bohannon being cleared in Detroit. I wonder why?

Myron Falwell

Post by Myron Falwell » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:54 pm

JGP1954 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:37 pm
Hey, I would love to hear Jim Bohannon in Detroit. He skews slightly to the right. But, he has a newsman's sense of fairness. On my way home at night, I have to listen to him on KDKA, which fades in and out. Strangely, I don't ever recall Bohannon being cleared in Detroit. I wonder why?
I remember hearing Jim Bohannon on 1270 just before they morphed into all-sports. He’s not red-meat so many talkers don’t clear him now.

I have no need for Boring McGraphics, tyvm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic