All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

DECADES IS COMING BACK THIS FALL!!!

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Splouge
Posts: 538
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:34 pm
Location: Melvindale

DECADES IS COMING BACK THIS FALL!!!

Post by Splouge » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:04 pm

Channel: WJBK 2.5
Source: rabbitears.info

:hat


Decades is coming back to Detroit.
WJBK 2.5, Fall 2019.

User avatar
RingtailedFox
Posts: 429
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:11 pm
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Contact:

Re: DECADES IS COMING BACK THIS FALL!!!

Post by RingtailedFox » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:58 pm

YES! Now, if only we could get WUDL to sell its signal to WHNE, that would be perfect :D


~ The Legendary Raccoon-Fox has spoken!

User avatar
windsor
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: In OZZy"s BoneYard.....

Re: DECADES IS COMING BACK THIS FALL!!!

Post by windsor » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:34 pm

Thx for the info.....great news!!!!


Graduate of the Crankin Craig School of Broadcasting

kc8yqq
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:15 am

Re: DECADES IS COMING BACK THIS FALL!!!

Post by kc8yqq » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:42 am

Good channel! We had it at Houghton Lake on WURO TV18 (Roscommon) until they went off the air over Memorial weekend. WURO was still off the air this last weekend. It was also carried on their sister station in West Branch, and that has been off the air for over a year now. Hopefully the stations will return to the air soon so I can watch this.



Splouge
Posts: 538
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:34 pm
Location: Melvindale

Re: DECADES IS COMING BACK THIS FALL!!!

Post by Splouge » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:14 am

kc8yqq wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:42 am
Good channel! We had it at Houghton Lake on WURO TV18 (Roscommon) until they went off the air over Memorial weekend. WURO was still off the air this last weekend. It was also carried on their sister station in West Branch, and that has been off the air for over a year now. Hopefully the stations will return to the air soon so I can watch this.
Now I see why Decades didn't want an LPTV in Detroit. LPTVs have a bad reputation despite the fact that some (like WHNE Detroit) are run by professionals who care. WURO obviously is not


Decades is coming back to Detroit.
WJBK 2.5, Fall 2019.

kc8yqq
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:15 am

Re: DECADES IS COMING BACK THIS FALL!!!

Post by kc8yqq » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:28 pm

I don't know the story behind the West Branch station why they are off the air. Over Memorial weekend a bad thunderstorm went though and lightning struck my 40' tower, causing damage to my laptop and popping a circuit breaker (neighbors witnessed the strike). WURO may have had the same storm knock them out. In years past as I was told, WURO transmitter would overheat in the summer, because the air conditioning in the shack wasn't strong enough to overcome the heat.

I emailed them this morning about both stations and have not heard back (yet).



Splouge
Posts: 538
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:34 pm
Location: Melvindale

Re: DECADES IS COMING BACK THIS FALL!!!

Post by Splouge » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:59 pm

kc8yqq wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:28 pm
I don't know the story behind the West Branch station why they are off the air. Over Memorial weekend a bad thunderstorm went though and lightning struck my 40' tower, causing damage to my laptop and popping a circuit breaker (neighbors witnessed the strike). WURO may have had the same storm knock them out. In years past as I was told, WURO transmitter would overheat in the summer, because the air conditioning in the shack wasn't strong enough to overcome the heat.

I emailed them this morning about both stations and have not heard back (yet).
Wow, I hope everything is okay. My advice is to ground the tower to limit the chances of another strike


Decades is coming back to Detroit.
WJBK 2.5, Fall 2019.

kc8yqq
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:15 am

Re: DECADES IS COMING BACK THIS FALL!!!

Post by kc8yqq » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:30 pm

I had connected the antenna cable to the USB WinTV-HVR stick about 2 minutes before the strike. I saw the flash of lightning and heard immediate thunder, then thought the strike was really close. I looked at the laptop and saw it wasn't running. After several restarts Windows (8.1) fixed itself. During the restarts, the USB hub I had connected (not used by the TV stick) literally went up in smoke. As for the computer the USB ports and Blue Tooth are gone. Other than that computer works fine. No damage to anything else in the cottage. There was a TV connected and it survived.
Oh...and the TV stick still works.

I thank God I wasn't connecting the antenna to the TV stick when the lightning hit.



YpsiGuy
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:00 pm

Re: DECADES IS COMING BACK THIS FALL!!!

Post by YpsiGuy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:47 pm

Looks like WJBK will go to 720p on the main channel to fit Decades into the mux. Good decision. 720p is a nice resolution and gives more bandwidth for other subchannels.

Hey WTVS! Hint...hint...drop PBS Kids down to 480i and add NHK World.
Last edited by YpsiGuy on Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Splouge
Posts: 538
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:34 pm
Location: Melvindale

Re: DECADES IS COMING BACK THIS FALL!!!

Post by Splouge » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:55 pm

YpsiGuy wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:47 pm
Looks like WJBK will go to 720p on the main channel to fit Decades into the mux. Good decision. 720p is a nice resolution and give more bandwidth for other subchannels.

Hey WTVS! Hint...hint...drop PBS Kids down to 480i and add NHK World.
WJBK already is 720p


Decades is coming back to Detroit.
WJBK 2.5, Fall 2019.

YpsiGuy
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:00 pm

Re: DECADES IS COMING BACK THIS FALL!!!

Post by YpsiGuy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:00 pm

Splouge wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:55 pm
YpsiGuy wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:47 pm
Looks like WJBK will go to 720p on the main channel to fit Decades into the mux. Good decision. 720p is a nice resolution and give more bandwidth for other subchannels.

Hey WTVS! Hint...hint...drop PBS Kids down to 480i and add NHK World.
WJBK already is 720p
My bad. I thought they were 1080i. That's why they can fit Decades into the mux :)



blizzard
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:51 am

Re: DECADES IS COMING BACK THIS FALL!!!

Post by blizzard » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:58 pm

Just in time for Halloween :hat
Last edited by blizzard on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
windsor
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: In OZZy"s BoneYard.....

Re: DECADES IS COMING BACK THIS FALL!!!

Post by windsor » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:53 pm

I cant wait to watch the weekend binges again esp. Car54 where are you??? with Fred Gwynn.

If you've never seen this show you have to.It is hilarious.A true classic.

here;s a sample..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvsbwZXa3-k


Graduate of the Crankin Craig School of Broadcasting

Jeff Dugan
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:03 pm
Location: QSKY Radio, FM No static at all.....

Re: DECADES IS COMING BACK THIS FALL!!!

Post by Jeff Dugan » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:00 pm

With Decades coming to WJBK 2.5 than who needs WHNE LP.



User avatar
SolarMax
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:59 pm
Location: 313

Re: DECADES IS COMING BACK THIS FALL!!!

Post by SolarMax » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:40 pm

Jeff Dugan wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:00 pm
With Decades coming to WJBK 2.5 than who needs WHNE LP.
Anyone who wants to watch the offerings on Retro network, or the quirky crapshoot of never-identified flicks that is the "Classic Drive-in" movie channel, or, something that's not Decades.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic