Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

FSD will be BSD

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Editorcj

FSD will be BSD

Post by Editorcj » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:29 pm

Sinclair announced that beginning baseball season it will be renaming the RSN to Bally Sports Network after Bally’s bought the naming rights. I’m guessing that around the game broadcasts there will be a lot of gambling content, poker and sports betting shows.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: FSD will be BSD

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:15 am

Ick.So sick of the gambling ads. I guess more poker shit.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:42 am

Gambling content is welcome as sports betting becomes legal in more states, but watching people play poker on TV is so 2008.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:05 am

CurlyHoward wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:42 am
Gambling content is welcome as sports betting becomes legal in more states, but watching people play poker on TV is so 2008.
They could show people playing war or guess the number :rollin

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

jimh

Post by jimh » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:06 am

This may be big news in the world of pro-sport websites that appear to all have announced this a few hours ago, but it was no big secret.

The name change was announced publicly in November 2020. See

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/sinclai ... ly-sports/

Regarding professional sports agreeing to be be carried on networks under the banner of a sports betting company, I find this very inconsistent.

I am old enough to remember that in 1963 two very prominent NFL players, Alex Karras and Paul Hornug, were forced to sit out one-year of play in the NFL because they were discovered to have made bets on professional sports games.

http://www.espn.com/classic/s/moment010 ... tting.html

I also remember that 32-years ago in 1989 Pete Rose was banned from professional baseball over betting and later banned from the Baseball Hall of Fame:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Rose

Apparently betting on sport event outcomes is a habitual problem for professional athletes. The NHL player Evander Kane recently declared bankruptcy and listed debts of $26.8-million despite having earned $53-million over his career, that is, he apparently spent or borrowed $79-million more than his income since becoming a professional athlete.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5879579

ASIDE: many years ago around c.1991 I attended a very fancy banquet held at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Dearborn to "roast" and to honor Sparky Anderson, manager of the Detroit Tigers. The banquet was recorded and edited to become a television show. It was late in the evening when Sparky finally took the podium to offer some remarks, and it was apparent he had consumed a few beverages. Sparky spoke for more than ten minutes, and he spoke mostly with great passion about the injustice done to Pete Rose by being banned from the Hall of Fame over betting. It was somewhat of a non-sequitur response from Sparky to all the prior remarks, and I wondered how the television show would handle his choice of subject. When the show aired, Sparky's remarks were carefully edited and reduced to about 90-seconds, and all trace of Pete Rose (or "Peter Rose" as Sparky always called him) were gone. Perhaps indicative of more hypocrisy regarding sport betting by professional athletes and their broadcast affiliates.

ascher2

Post by ascher2 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:26 pm

Will "BSD" be put back on Youtube tv?

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:15 pm

It's the end of an era in a way as it used the Fox Branding for nearly 25 years. It's going to be weird to have the channel use a different name.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:16 pm

ascher2 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:26 pm
Will "BSD" be put back on Youtube tv?
A name change won't end any disputes with providers.

SBaxley

Post by SBaxley » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:10 pm

plus lets not forget there will be content from Byron Allen as well ,and Fox sports Carolinas and Fox Sports tennessee will be no more as their programming will be going to Ballys sports south and Ballys sports southeast.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:50 pm

Why didn't Bally's just put the Indians onto Bally's Ohio why call it Bally's Great Lakes, if they wanted to use the great lakes they should've used it for MI just saying, is all.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:59 pm

MasterB wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:50 pm
Why didn't Bally's just put the Indians onto Bally's Ohio why call it Bally's Great Lakes, if they wanted to use the great lakes they should've used it for MI just saying, is all.
Probably because Bally's Great Lakes targets the Cleveland area. Bally's Ohio will be more Columbus, Cincinnati, etc.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:48 am

Am I the only person who hears Bally’s and thinks of Bally’s Total Fitness?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:31 am

I say bring PASS back. $9.95 a month to watch all of our teams stink it up!

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:43 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:48 am
Nope!

Bring back Vic Tanny :rollin

Wellllll... la de frickin da

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:02 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:48 am
Same with me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic