Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tom Jordan to WJR?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
SolarMax

Tom Jordan to WJR?

Post by SolarMax » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:35 pm

Quite surprised this days-old story hasn't shown up here already.
WWJ Anchor Tom Jordan Expected To Land Show On WJR

radioandtventhusiast

Re: Tom Jordan to WJR?

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:18 pm

Maybe Frank's replacement?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:22 pm

I'll be damned!

Ya know, I was suspicious when Jason Scott made no mention this morning of "filling in" for Tom Jordan. He simply said "I'm Jason Scott" coming out of CBS News around 7:05a.

I figured there was a chance Jordan was a victim of budget cuts, since I didn't hear his voice late last week, and it's odd for a WWJ anchor to be absent back to back weeks. I also wondered if there was a chance he or a household member had caught COVID. Never thought he would be jumping ship to WJR!

I actually liked Jordan's straightforward manner of reading the news on 950. I know he wasn't everyone's cup of tea.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:01 pm

Most likely replacing the recently retired Dick Haefner, but we shall see...

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

IIN4MU

Post by IIN4MU » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:02 am

When Tom took over for Joe (and not a moment too soon), he took a little while to grow on me. It's too bad he was stuck with Roberta (who needs to retire). I'll give Tom a listen on JR and hope J can somehow convince Ron Dewey to come out of retirement.

non-anon bob

Post by non-anon bob » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:47 am

Entercom's Detroit Market Manager, Debbie Kenyon, is probably all too happy to unload Tom Jordan's salary on Cumulus, as she continues her relentless efforts to kiss CEO David Field's ass. She should take a hint from Beasley's rehiring of Screaming Scott Randall, and give an open invitation to Steve Kostan and Boogie Brian to return to WOMC. Jockless shift's at 104.3 are not worth listening to! :rolleyes

...and NOW, Ladies & Gentlemen...The Next Poster!
...CKLW, the Motor City...

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:50 am

Going to station that's clearly For Sale doesn't seem like a very wise move, but who knows what's happening behind the scenes. Even with all of California's problems, if I were Tom, I'd be tempted to return to the sunshine of San Diego. Strange, how so many people from California seem to end up at WWJ... Earl Dickinson, Roger Nadel, Tom Bell, Ken Beck, Jane Bower, and probably a couple others I'm forgetting.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:44 pm

He probably couldn't stand Roberta and her "drippy" weather teases.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:56 pm

A few years ago, Jordan was attending, and reporting from, a conference I was at. Got to sit with him at lunchtime and we had a very pleasant conversation. He seemed to really want to do more specialty and Detroit-specific reporting, beyond simply reading the AM drive copy over and over and over every day.

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:05 pm

non-anon bob wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:47 am
Entercom's Detroit Market Manager, Debbie Kenyon, is probably all too happy to unload Tom Jordan's salary on Cumulus, as she continues her relentless efforts to kiss CEO David Field's ass. She should take a hint from Beasley's rehiring of Screaming Scott Randall, and give an open invitation to Steve Kostan and Boogie Brian to return to WOMC. Jockless shift's at 104.3 are not worth listening to! :rolleyes
When did they get canned? They still show up on the website...

take this job and shove it

non-anon bob

Post by non-anon bob » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:19 am

...and here is the new job posting from Entercom. Maybe someone like Guy Gordon or Kevin Dietz would be interested in this gig? https://entercom.avature.net/careers/Jo ... J-AM/15774

...and NOW, Ladies & Gentlemen...The Next Poster!
...CKLW, the Motor City...

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:12 pm

I still miss Joe Donovan. I liked his style. Tom Jordan....boring.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic