Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Only a matter of time for Fox

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 7620

Only a matter of time for Fox

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:15 pm

Since Fox is heavily invested in sports, it’s only a matter of time before they make a bid for the NBA. They have the NFL, MLB, and is now more invested in college football and college basketball. They also have the rights to the World Cup as well as PGA and some NASCAR.

I’m not sure when ESPN/ABC’s NBA contract is up but I wouldn’t be shocked to see Fox makes a major play for the NBA. I know they tried to get the NHL back, but NBC seems heavily invested in the NHL.

Editorcj

Re: Only a matter of time for Fox

Post by Editorcj » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:05 pm

Don't know what Fox's commitment to airing premier weekday games in mid-season or the reach of FOX Sports 1 if they did. ESPN/ABC is a better fit for national exposure.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:18 pm

The games would be on FS1, with perhaps a Saturday matchup on FOX. Finals on FOX, most other playoff games on FS1.

The NHL draws abysmal numbers for the NBC network. Most of the country does not care about it. Listen to any national sports talk radio show, and you will notice how little they talk about hockey, even during the Stanley Cup Finals.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:35 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:18 pm

The NHL draws abysmal numbers for the NBC network. Most of the country does not care about it. Listen to any national sports talk radio show, and you will notice how little they talk about hockey, even during the Stanley Cup Finals.
Not surprising at all. NHL seems to be an afterthought in markers that’s not Canadian or apart of the original six (Detroit, Chicago, NY, Toronto, Montreal, Boston).

Forgot to mention that Fox now airs most Big Ten college football games. The Michigan/Ohio State game has been on Fox since 2017.

jsf

Post by jsf » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:19 pm

As a stock holder of Disney I can't stand what ESPN has become. I would bet that 90% of their programing is either basketball or soccer. Not only on air but talk shows too. It's no wonder they have had to let go of people because of poor ratings

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:48 pm

There’s quite a bit of football on ESPN. Baseball is gradually reduced from what it was, and hockey might as well not exist. The current Sunday Night Baseball broadcast team is horrendous- a mediocre play by play guy, a steroid guy, and a softball player who adds nothing (and possibly got the job solely on her gender).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic