Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

62.3 DABL ???

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
szmigiel

Re: 62.3 DABL ???

Post by szmigiel » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:18 am

Also Decades doesn't want to be on LD or low power station that won't be carried on the local cable networks, so that does limit which channels can carry them. That pretty much leaves 38 WADL and 20 WMYD as the two best options to pick it back up.

YpsiGuy

Post by YpsiGuy » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:34 am

At least DABL won't cost me anything! Seemed like if they added a channel on cable the bill used to go up by $10...lol.

Glad I cut the cable TV outta my Comcrap service.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:08 am

Since I rarely watch the ota channels maybe it’s time I check them once again :-)

Sounds like a nice lineup :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:28 pm

RayQix wrote:Since I rarely watch the ota channels maybe it’s time I check them once again :-)

Sounds like a nice lineup :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, it's really good, especially if you have an OTA DVR.

mtburb
Location: Wyandotte, 17 miles from Southfield, 38 miles from Oregon

Post by mtburb » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:10 pm

F-Squared wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:12 pm
Looks like we just got our answer.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/cbs-is- ... l-lagasse/
This premise is almost exactly like ABC's "zombie diginet" Live Well. Live Well solely thrives off of C-rate shows and largely co-produced O&O productions, but at least DABL has the backing of Martha (whose old show a CBS Television Distribution predecessor distributed, but which her company owns the rights to) and Emeril (making his TV return) to start things off.

My furthest DTV tropo: KDKA Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at 202 miles for three days in January 2017 and a night in September 2017 with only an Antennas Direct C2V!

Current setup: Antennas Direct C2Max (2018-present)

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:13 pm

mtburb wrote:
F-Squared wrote:

This premise is almost exactly like ABC's "zombie diginet" Live Well. Live Well solely thrives off of C-rate shows and largely co-produced O&O productions, but at least DABL has the backing of Martha (whose old show a CBS Television Distribution predecessor distributed, but which her company owns the rights to) and Emeril (making his TV return) to start things off.
Yeah, it is very much akin to Live Well. Hopefully it does get some boost thanks to Martha Stewart being on board.

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:11 pm

mtburb wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:10 pm
F-Squared wrote:

"Zombie diginet", pretty much nailed it right on the head.

Why is LWN still around? It's only on ABC O&Os nowadays! And ABC doesn't have many O&Os, whereas Ion's O&O-exclusive diginets like Ion Life (which has a similar programming genre to LWN) have a lot of O&Os to be on, and have their national feeds on cable in some areas. LWN has none of that. Put it out of its misery already, because Live Well Network, ironically, is not living well.

"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

-Byron "The Broadcast Butcher" Allen

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:22 pm

F-Squared wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:13 pm
mtburb wrote:
F-Squared wrote:

Yeah, it is very much akin to Live Well. Hopefully it does get some boost thanks to Martha Stewart being on board.
Brings up a good question.

We know a convicted felon can't own a TV station, but can they get around the law by having a subchannel?

EDIT: Her new show will be on channel 62.55170-054 ☺

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic