All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Local Emmys

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
joe60
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:22 am

Local Emmys

Post by joe60 » Thu May 16, 2019 11:02 am

Ryan Ermanni was nominated for best host? Seriously? Deena Centofanti and Jason Carr are miles above Ermanni. If anything I find him incredibly annoying



lovinlife101
Posts: 2058
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Local Emmys

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:57 am

joe60 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:02 am
Ryan Ermanni was nominated for best host? Seriously? Deena Centofanti and Jason Carr are miles above Ermanni. If anything I find him incredibly annoying
I’m looking forward to the day when other people realize these “awards” are a joke, a racket, and a farce. “Pay your money and we’ll pick a winner! Everyone gets a turn!”

Where else can lispy, untalented, low-paid hacks be given an award? Regional Emmys!!!

“Look! I bought a box of Cracker Jack and there was a prize, I mean, there was a regional Emmy inside!”



Deleted User 14992

Re: Local Emmys

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:06 am

I agree, It totally a waste of local television, It’s just a fashion show for all the television personalities. Why don’t the talent in Detroit raise money for Detroit’s poor in place of this nonsense.



lovinlife101
Posts: 2058
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Local Emmys

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:22 am

Chuck Davies wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 9:06 am
I agree, It totally a waste of local television, It’s just a fashion show for all the television personalities. Why don’t the talent in Detroit raise money for Detroit’s poor in place of this nonsense.
Wonderful idea!

When they post their fashion show on social media, it’s always the same.

“Here I am with other broadcasters, talking about broadcasting, and the only people commenting on this post are other broadcasters.”

“I did not expect to win tonight, but I did.”



Editorcj
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: Local Emmys

Post by Editorcj » Sat May 18, 2019 1:44 pm

“Here I am with other broadcasters, talking about broadcasting, and the only people commenting on this post are other broadcasters.”
It's our prom, feel free to ignore it.



Deleted User 14992

Re: Local Emmys

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:48 pm

Editorcj wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:44 pm
“Here I am with other broadcasters, talking about broadcasting, and the only people commenting on this post are other broadcasters.”
It's our prom, feel free to ignore it.
Like a scene in the movie “Carrie” when she was at the prom, Sorta like that.



Deleted User 14992

Re: Local Emmys

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Sat May 18, 2019 4:30 pm

joe60 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:02 am
Ryan Ermanni was nominated for best host? Seriously? Deena Centofanti and Jason Carr are miles above Ermanni. If anything I find him incredibly annoying
All of the Fox 2 morons are annoying, I’ve been around the country and have viewed a lot of Fox affiliates and for some reason here in Detroit our Fox affiliate is terrible for local programming and local news, It is the most liberal out of all the Fox stations I’ve seen, No one from Fox 2 with the exception of Huel Perkins deserves an Emmy. Huel Perkins is the only reason I personally watch Channel 2 for, If anyone in Detroit gets an Emmy it’s that man, And he should get one for the best Detroit TV News anchor.



BME
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:16 pm

Re: Local Emmys

Post by BME » Sat May 18, 2019 10:01 pm

Chuck Davies wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 4:30 pm
joe60 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:02 am
Ryan Ermanni was nominated for best host? Seriously? Deena Centofanti and Jason Carr are miles above Ermanni. If anything I find him incredibly annoying
It is the most liberal out of all the Fox stations I’ve seen.
And this is a problem how?



Deleted User 14992

Re: Local Emmys

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:25 am

Too much liberal media on television now, We don’t need anymore that’s why it’s a problem, And Fox is more Conservative in other markets, That’s why it’s a problem.



screen glare
Posts: 1343
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Re: Local Emmys

Post by screen glare » Sun May 19, 2019 4:26 pm

Too much in-bed-with-Trump, and Steve Miller’s and Bannon’s neo-Nazis media - over all platforms. Root problem threatening the USA and the entire free world.



FET-500
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:22 am

Re: Local Emmys

Post by FET-500 » Sun May 19, 2019 4:38 pm

Editorcj wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:44 pm
“Here I am with other broadcasters, talking about broadcasting, and the only people commenting on this post are other broadcasters.”
It's our prom, feel free to ignore it.
It's a fake prom... with fake awards. The real award is ad revenue.



FET-500
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:22 am

Re: Local Emmys

Post by FET-500 » Sun May 19, 2019 4:40 pm

screen glare wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:26 pm
Too much in-bed-with-Trump, and Steve Miller’s and Bannon’s neo-Nazis media - over all platforms. Root problem threatening the USA and the entire free world.
How can Trump and Bannon be Nazis? Nazis were socialists. Weak troll Bro.



lovinlife101
Posts: 2058
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Local Emmys

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun May 19, 2019 6:18 pm

FET-500 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:38 pm
Editorcj wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:44 pm
“Here I am with other broadcasters, talking about broadcasting, and the only people commenting on this post are other broadcasters.”
It's our prom, feel free to ignore it.
It's a fake prom... with fake awards. The real award is ad revenue.
The real winner is the Emmy organization. It gets paid regardless of who “wins” and nobody questions it. They keep dancing to the Pied Piper’s music.



Y M Ionhere
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Where the sun no longer shines

Re: Local Emmys

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sun May 19, 2019 10:04 pm

FET-500 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:40 pm
screen glare wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:26 pm
Too much in-bed-with-Trump, and Steve Miller’s and Bannon’s neo-Nazis media - over all platforms. Root problem threatening the USA and the entire free world.
How can Trump and Bannon be Nazis? Nazis were socialists. Weak troll Bro.
Let’s not overlook the fact that Nazis slaughtered millions of innocent people. How many have Trump, Bannon and Miller murdered?



screen glare
Posts: 1343
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Re: Local Emmys

Post by screen glare » Fri May 24, 2019 2:03 pm

These aren’t your grandfather’s socialist Nazis - exterminating 6 million Jews - including 1 and 1/2 million children.

No. These are the NEO-Nazis. And they’re even bigger coward-bullies than their predecessors.

They torture and slaughter vicariously. Crying immigrant kids in cages separated from parents at the border; deregulating -including safety regulations; plotting to get rid of healthcare for millions of Americans; No real desire to repair or replace bridges ready to cave in near every city and state. You know. The Hitler-idolizing wannabe fascists.

The guys who get off on stock piling guns and playing video games - until they actually get up the nerve to kill innocent people. The dudes who admire Miller, Bannon, Trump - and harken to the sound of their Nazi-mentality dog whistles at Trump rallies, or in a Miller-penned speech, or in hearing Bannon give his dystopian views during some interview.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic