Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kid Rock

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
km1125

Re: Kid Rock

Post by km1125 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:22 pm

Because did doesn't like Oprah or Behar?? Please.

LCA's statement about "inclusion" shows where their priorities are and a similar concept is probably pervading the Wings organization, which explains them not being able to WIN anymore.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:48 pm

I don’t like his music at all or his persona, but that doesn’t mean he’s ignorant. I tune him out, and change the station when his music comes on. Some people like him, and that’s their right.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:37 pm

While I am no fan of Kid Rock's music (his late 90's and early 00's stuff being a noteworthy exception) and find some of his rhetoric to be needlessly harsh (although I certainly side with him re: Oprah), the fact Sam Riddle and Al Sharpton are strong-arming Chris Ilitch, Tom Wilson, et al. is both hilarious and scary.

This is a pissing match between Riddle and the National Action Network vs. Wendell Anthony and the NAACP. Kid Rock is being drawn into the middle of it.

The whole narrative that Kid Rock is racist is comical. He's done a lot of charitable work for the African American community, some of his music is influenced by classic soul/blues, and he has a mixed-race son with whom he is very close.

Riddle yells "RACIST!" when discussing Kid Rock, and then in the very next breath literally demands that the replacement tenant for Made in Detroit be a black-owned restaurant. What a hypocrite and clown he is!

I can only surmise that Olympia views this action as a P.R. move to build goodwill among Detroiters following a slew of negative media coverage arising from the company's broken promises. In my view, this action does nothing to mitigate the crock of bullshit that Olympia fed to local & state officials and the general public regarding District Detroit, and in the process, they've now managed to piss off a significant cohort of blue collar suburbanites.

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:56 pm

It is Kid Rock's right to be a drunken buffoon and I doubt the Oprah cares one bit about Bobby's opinion but the Pistons and Wing's are trash teams and to the people who actually put $$$ into this restaurant probably wanted a reduction in rent due to the reduced foot traffic that an empty arena brings, that the Illiches were not wanting to give. Bob's little rant gave everybody a political out and Sam Riddle can add his 2¢ in for good measure.

Run on sentences are cool, right?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:58 pm

I like your theory. What you suggest is certainly plausible.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:11 pm

OR Kid Rock as a brand fails just as hard with Restaurants as Beer. I do like the the fact that it sounds like he's done with Detroit businesses. He can join Ted Nuggent and go away.
LCA wrote:Williams said the group was gathered Wednesday to "send a clear-cut message, and this is: Thank you and see you later, Kid Rock," later adding, "good riddance."

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:38 pm

No matter how you feel about him or his music, no business-owner with an IQ above room temperature would want to associate with a man who made a drunken, racist, nearly incoherent rant against three popular women. You shouldn't have to like those women to understand that, either.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:44 pm

He does well in Nashville, hope he moves there permanently.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:47 pm

No matter how you feel about him or his music, no business-owner with an IQ above room temperature would want to associate with a man who made a drunken, racist, nearly incoherent rant against three popular women.
I don't understand how any aspect of his "rant" was racist. His remarks regarding Oprah were not at all incoherent.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:02 pm

I think the best part of it is LCA issues the statement that it was Kid Rock's decision to not renew (which they did to allow him to save face) and then this fucking buffoon puts his statement out a couple hours later that completely proves that they forced him to leave. :rollin

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:38 pm

Don't get me wrong - I think Kid Rock is a complete douche bag who hasn't put out any decent music in years. However, I do not at all accept the narrative that he is racist.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:58 am

So a white man doesn't understand why another white man is being called racist? That summarizes Fox News in a nutshell.

― Noam Chomsky

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:13 am

Riddle is a racist. Always has been. Trolls like TC Talks will never understand that.

This doesn’t affect me. I don’t like his music, and haven’t been to a Detroit restaurant in years. If he moves away, fine. If he stays, fine.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:41 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:37 pm
While I am no fan of Kid Rock's music (his late 90's and early 00's stuff being a noteworthy exception) and find some of his rhetoric to be needlessly harsh (although I certainly side with him re: Oprah), the fact Sam Riddle and Al Sharpton are strong-arming Chris Ilitch, Tom Wilson, et al. is both hilarious and scary.

This is a pissing match between Riddle and the National Action Network vs. Wendell Anthony and the NAACP. Kid Rock is being drawn into the middle of it.

The whole narrative that Kid Rock is racist is comical. He's done a lot of charitable work for the African American community, some of his music is influenced by classic soul/blues, and he has a mixed-race son with whom he is very close.

Riddle yells "RACIST!" when discussing Kid Rock, and then in the very next breath literally demands that the replacement tenant for Made in Detroit be a black-owned restaurant. What a hypocrite and clown he is!

I can only surmise that Olympia views this action as a P.R. move to build goodwill among Detroiters following a slew of negative media coverage arising from the company's broken promises. In my view, this action does nothing to mitigate the crock of bullshit that Olympia fed to local & state officials and the general public regarding District Detroit, and in the process, they've now managed to piss off a significant cohort of blue collar suburbanites.
Yah, it's like calling Geoffrey Fieger a racist, when really he's just an abrasive asshole who's saying something you don't like. This is most likely, PROJECTION.

I'd love to interview Stefanie Eulinberg, and get her take on all of this - she's been on the drum riser behind Kid Rock since '96.

Sam Riddle is a fascinating guy. I've spent a lot of time listening to him but he's stuck on being a victim.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:48 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:00 pm
All of you fans of this joke can now see why intelligent people never liked him.

His music sucks.

He’s drunk off is derrière (look it up).

And he’s ignorant.
Are you surprised? Spend much time with musicians?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic