Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Thoughts on WTKA

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 7620

Thoughts on WTKA

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:50 pm

I think this station is annoying.

They have Michigan ass kisser, Sam Webb, who rarely criticizes coaches. Sam liked Brady Hoke. They have that nerd, Ira, who talks too much.

In the afternoons, Jamie Morris is annoying.

The only good entertainment are some of the callers. Dennis from the OC, JJ, Linda, and John Beilein hater, Phil.

The station can be cringeworthy most of the time.

fuzzpower

Re: Thoughts on WTKA

Post by fuzzpower » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:29 am

I do like most of the day is local except Jim Rome. I completely agree about Sam Webb. You can’t criticize Michigan at all. I think he was one who wanted to give Harbaugh a lifetime contract despite the fact he has underachieved. I’m a Michigan fan, and I think Harbaugh needs to go.

I think Dave Shand was kicked off years ago for being too critical.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:42 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:29 am
I do like most of the day is local except Jim Rome. I completely agree about Sam Webb. You can’t criticize Michigan at all. I think he was one who wanted to give Harbaugh a lifetime contract despite the fact he has underachieved. I’m a Michigan fan, and I think Harbaugh needs to go.

I think Dave Shand was kicked off years ago for being too critical.
Dave was kicked off of there. Marcus Ray was ran off WTKA for the same reason.

That station is obviously run by the University of Michigan.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:42 am

They completely lack objectivity, I don't find them annoying but I do see way too many Kool Aid drinkers at that station.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:59 am

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:42 am
They completely lack objectivity, I don't find them annoying but I do see way too many Kool Aid drinkers at that station.
Yeah, that about sums it up for me, too. I'm a dyed in the wool Michigan fan, but you gotta be realistic. Harbaugh doesn't walk on water and they spin it so much I get dizzy.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic