All accepted registrations through August 15 at 7:00p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

WOMC and “The 90’s

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4800
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: WOMC and “The 90’s

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon May 20, 2019 10:27 am

Stations are reacting to WLLZ.

I heard an abnormally high amount of late 80s butt rock on 94.7 WCSX this weekend and less 70s than usual. Also heard a couple 90s era Aerosmith songs.


All General Electric appliances manufactured within the past 15 years are garbage; avoid them like the plague!!!

borderboy653659200
Posts: 1127
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: WOMC and “The 90’s

Post by borderboy653659200 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:59 am

Metalhead,was there lots of hair metal ?



BKRPDM
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: WOMC and “The 90’s

Post by BKRPDM » Tue May 21, 2019 6:06 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:27 am
Stations are reacting to WLLZ.

I heard an abnormally high amount of late 80s butt rock on 94.7 WCSX this weekend and less 70s than usual. Also heard a couple 90s era Aerosmith songs.
They sure appear to be reacting, MW.

Hearing “Slide” by Goo Goo Dolls on CSX, and “Why Can’t This Be Love” by Van Halen on WOMC. :lol



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4800
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: WOMC and “The 90’s

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 21, 2019 6:45 pm

I'll have to give CSX a closer listen (preferably when Dave Dahmer is not on air).

Over the weekend, I heard lots of GNR, Motley Crue, Van Halen, Ozzy, U2, Poison, Kiss, and the aforementioned Aerosmith tracks. Unfortunately, also heard more Queen than I care to hear.

Listened for a grand total of two hours this weekend.


All General Electric appliances manufactured within the past 15 years are garbage; avoid them like the plague!!!

stopnswop2
Posts: 2621
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: WOMC and “The 90’s

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:19 pm

BKRPDM wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:06 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:27 am
Stations are reacting to WLLZ.

I heard an abnormally high amount of late 80s butt rock on 94.7 WCSX this weekend and less 70s than usual. Also heard a couple 90s era Aerosmith songs.
They sure appear to be reacting, MW.

Hearing “Slide” by Goo Goo Dolls on CSX, and “Why Can’t This Be Love” by Van Halen on WOMC. :lol
WOMC has been playing that song regularly since 2014.
Goo Goo Dolls on CSX is new though.


Music is my life.

Deleted User 14992

Re: WOMC and “The 90’s

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:21 pm

WOMC should stay away from the harder music and emphasizes on just the Pop Hits of whatever decade they are this week. Now the big question in Detroit is how soon will Cumulus take before they sell their block of stations and the question is not if but when. Now this could change the landscape of radio in Motown in about I say a one year.



Deleted User 14992

Re: WOMC and “The 90’s

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:30 pm

Goo Goo dolls that tune is from ‘98 I believe which means 94.7 is starting to get close to 00’s In their playlist a definite reaction to 106.7.



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4800
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: WOMC and “The 90’s

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 21, 2019 7:37 pm

Are you guys sure you weren't listening to 93.9 The River, 94.3 CKSY or 104.3 WOMC instead?

I'm skeptical that WCSX would play that song. Doesn't fit.


All General Electric appliances manufactured within the past 15 years are garbage; avoid them like the plague!!!

Deleted User 14992

Re: WOMC and “The 90’s

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:41 pm

I personally didn’t hear it, I just stated the year of the song and saying that if 94.7 is playing that tune than they are reacting to 106.7, In all honesty WLLZ can’t be that competitive this early in the game, Just my opinion.



BKRPDM
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: WOMC and “The 90’s

Post by BKRPDM » Tue May 21, 2019 8:29 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:37 pm
Are you guys sure you weren't listening to 93.9 The River, 94.3 CKSY or 104.3 WOMC instead?

I'm skeptical that WCSX would play that song. Doesn't fit.
Hey MW - Definitely on CSX, around 6:00 tonight.



BKRPDM
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: WOMC and “The 90’s

Post by BKRPDM » Tue May 21, 2019 8:31 pm

BKRPDM wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:29 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:37 pm
Are you guys sure you weren't listening to 93.9 The River, 94.3 CKSY or 104.3 WOMC instead?

I'm skeptical that WCSX would play that song. Doesn't fit.
I’m sorry, Guys! I meant “Shine”, by Collective Soul. Just before 6:00.



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4800
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: WOMC and “The 90’s

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 21, 2019 9:46 pm

That one makes a little more sense.

WLAV in Grand Rapids has been including that song intermittently in rotation for a few years now. 103.9 in Flint also plays it.


All General Electric appliances manufactured within the past 15 years are garbage; avoid them like the plague!!!

Y M Ionhere
Posts: 611
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Where the sun no longer shines

Re: WOMC and “The 90’s

Post by Y M Ionhere » Tue May 21, 2019 10:44 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:45 pm
I'll have to give CSX a closer listen (preferably when Dave Dahmer is not on air).

Over the weekend, I heard lots of GNR, Motley Crue, Van Halen, Ozzy, U2, Poison, Kiss, and the aforementioned Aerosmith tracks. Unfortunately, also heard more Queen than I care to hear.

Listened for a grand total of two hours this weekend.
That sounds like every day with them. Surprised you didnt mention AC/DC twice an hour.



armchair pd
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:46 pm
Location: B.F.E.

Re: WOMC and “The 90’s

Post by armchair pd » Tue May 21, 2019 11:02 pm

WOMC is indeed playing 'Slide" *GAG* I heard it just today.



stopnswop2
Posts: 2621
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: WOMC and “The 90’s

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun May 26, 2019 5:24 am

They were playing Montell Jordan and Salt-n-Peppa last night.
And why are they playing En Vogue twice a day?
None of these artists I mentioned do I dislike, but I don't feel they belong on WOMC, specifically En Vogue.
That's The Bounce material.


Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic