Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Channel 7 proves its idiocy yet again...

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Channel 7 proves its idiocy yet again...

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:37 pm

I just heard Glenda Lewis implore viewers "not to head outside right now," claiming "the worst of the weather" is "yet to come."

Un-fucking-believable.

There are no severe weather watches or warnings in the area. The storm line to the west is broken and mainly moving northeastward (toward Flint & mid-Michigan), not due east. Most the cells along that line are garden variety storms, with only a couple isolated areas of marginally severe weather. Most areas will see less than 10 minutes' worth of wet weather.

Channel 7 evidently feels over-the-top dramatics is a good substitute for hard working journalism.

Thanks, Channel 7. You've just given me another reason to NOT TRUST the local media!!!

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Deleted User 8570

Re: Channel 7 proves its idiocy yet again...

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:18 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:37 pm
I just heard Glenda Lewis implore viewers "not to head outside right now," claiming "the worst of the weather" is "yet to come."

Un-fucking-believable.

There are no severe weather watches or warnings in the area. The storm line to the west is broken and mainly moving northeastward (toward Flint & mid-Michigan), not due east. Most the cells along that line are garden variety storms, with only a couple isolated areas of marginally severe weather. Most areas will see less than 10 minutes' worth of wet weather.

Channel 7 evidently feels over-the-top dramatics is a good substitute for hard working journalism.

Thanks, Channel 7. You've just given me another reason to NOT TRUST the local media!!!
So we got warnings for Lenawee and Washtenaw counties and now NWS has issued a severe thunderstorm watch until 10pm... if we get more warnings over a wider area it’ll dock your point a bit... though did Glenda literally say “don’t go outside”??!?!?

That would be insane.... though it’s one reason I think she’s not a great anchor... she drops words and fucks up lines endlessly even if she annunciates better than Carolyn Clifford...

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:35 pm

Yeah,but Glenda's a babe....her co-anchor can provide the gravitas while Ms. Lewis gives us lads eye candy .

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:47 pm

Yes, she literally said that at 530p. Verbatim. The only bad weather was up in the thumb at the time. The storms out west were still two hours away from the heart of the viewing area.

They'll weaken some by the time they reach the heart of the metro. Sun will be going down; there is more instability in the Irish Hills area and north along M52. (In fact, Owosso area has a confirmed tornado on the ground!)

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:17 pm

Tornado crossed or came very close to the I-69 / M-13 junction.

NWS called it "large and extremely dangerous." Wow.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:21 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:17 pm
Tornado crossed or came very close to the I-69 / M-13 junction.

NWS called it "large and extremely dangerous." Wow.
Over Lennon now headed towards the north side of Flint...

Also have one (possible)by Cement City in Jackson/Lenawee Counties...

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:29 pm

Now Washtenaw is getting a Tornado warning...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:43 pm

Carolyn just cut off Dave Rexroth so that Ali Roxie could give a useless on the ground report from Ann Arbor, nowhere near the portion of Washtenaw County currently being hit by the storm.

Goddamn channel 7 is stupid.

Alan Campbell keeps dispensing wrong info, and Rexroth is constantly having to correct him.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:33 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:37 pm

Un-fucking-believable.

Do you understand the psychology here? The dramatic presentation, especially regarding weather, is and attempt to manipulate thought by jacking your Limbic system.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic