All accepted registrations through March 25, 2019 at 8:30p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Steve Korvette
Posts: 577
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Post by Steve Korvette » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:50 pm

Yes, But this guy is not for real, But I could be wrong.


Hats off to Detroit’s 100.3 WNIC for being The Motor City’s Soft Rock Favorite Since 1976, Thanks WNIC for 43 years of Great Radio.

User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4107
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:08 pm

I would love to hear "Blurry" by Puddle Of Mudd
They've been playing that song regularly.

The Rockets were added this week, for those looking for material by them.


WLAV in Grand Rapids puts all Metro Detroit classic rock stations to shame.

stopnswop2
Posts: 2245
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:49 pm

Steve Korvette wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:50 pm
Yes, But this guy is not for real, But I could be wrong.
My original theory is that he works at another station and is upset that we are making all these threads for the competing stations.

He seems jealous and triggered


Music is my life.

Steve Korvette
Posts: 577
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Post by Steve Korvette » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:50 pm

Too bad for him 😢.


Hats off to Detroit’s 100.3 WNIC for being The Motor City’s Soft Rock Favorite Since 1976, Thanks WNIC for 43 years of Great Radio.

User avatar
windsor
Posts: 321
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: In OZZy"s BoneYard.....

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Post by windsor » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:13 pm

Great pick MW on the COC Drowning in a day. dream.I would love to hear that one to on the new Wheelz.

I would love to add Pepper/COC and Phil/Pantera's side project Down---Stone the Crow.Nice groove in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdnki7XBzPE

Also nice article in RadioInsight comparing WLLZ vs WCSX in a time slot.I surely would pick the WLLZ list.Its alot fresher sounding then the CSX zillionth spin weekend.Plus I hate Billy Joel.......


Graduate of the Crankin Craig School of Broadcasting

Steve Korvette
Posts: 577
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Post by Steve Korvette » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:24 pm

Billy Joel, Sucks! And so does Springsteen.


Hats off to Detroit’s 100.3 WNIC for being The Motor City’s Soft Rock Favorite Since 1976, Thanks WNIC for 43 years of Great Radio.

User avatar
windsor
Posts: 321
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: In OZZy"s BoneYard.....

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Post by windsor » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:26 pm

Steve Korvette wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:24 pm
Billy Joel, Sucks! And so does Springsteen.
Agreed :lol:


Graduate of the Crankin Craig School of Broadcasting

stopnswop2
Posts: 2245
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:21 pm

windsor wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:26 pm
Steve Korvette wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:24 pm
Billy Joel, Sucks! And so does Springsteen.
Agreed :lol:
We are gonna fight now.
:razz :lol


Music is my life.

Mega Hertz
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:41 am

I like some Billy Joel, but I'm gonna take a hard pass on the Bruce.

Methinks neither will be featured on this station very much, if it all.


Underground Sounds, Ann Arbor
"Keep Vinyl Alive!"

Steve Korvette
Posts: 577
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Post by Steve Korvette » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:51 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:41 am
I like some Billy Joel, but I'm gonna take a hard pass on the Bruce.

Methinks neither will be featured on this station very much, if it all.
If the New Wheels plays BJ, Then that’s when I start listening to Taylor Swift with my Granddaughter.


Hats off to Detroit’s 100.3 WNIC for being The Motor City’s Soft Rock Favorite Since 1976, Thanks WNIC for 43 years of Great Radio.

borderboy653659200
Posts: 757
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:28 am

I like Bruce,but unlike Stoney,have no need to hear him fifty times daily .



stopnswop2
Posts: 2245
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:23 pm

Billy Joel is NOT classic rock, so he won't be on here


Music is my life.

User avatar
Colonel Flagg
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:39 pm

Wheels never played Billy Joel at any point. The original Wheels was an AOR station. At some point, the corporate programming suits did away with AOR, and started aiming for the lowest common denominator in listeners. Wheels was already Smooth Jazz when this practice became standard operating procedure.

To be true to form, Wheels should play some of the secondary tracks (that were played PLENTY back in the day) If we're talking about Van Halen, secondary tracks like "I'll Wait" or "Drop Dead Legs" from 1984 would be better than "Hot for Teacher" or "Jump" playing ad nauseam. How about Queensryche? Anything by Queensryche would be better than "Signs" by Tesla. Scorpions? They had a lot more songs other than "No One Like You" that were hot on the album charts. There are many many examples here.

I am delighted to hear the image voices announceate "Wheels" properly, with emphasis on the E's ("Wheeeels!") Reminds me of "WNNNNNBC" R.I.P. Kevin Metheny. :smokin


"Nobody can get the truth out of me because even I don't know what it is. I keep myself in a constant state of utter confusion."

User avatar
Colonel Flagg
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:48 pm

Is Rob Bennett still around? He was on Wheels at night back in the early 90's. Lost track of him after that. Nobody knows where Gary Palmer is these days? Sadly, Dorian Pastor, Steve Striker, Kerry Maul, and Bob Bauer are no longer with us, and left way too soon.


"Nobody can get the truth out of me because even I don't know what it is. I keep myself in a constant state of utter confusion."

Mega Hertz
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:09 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:39 pm
Wheels never played Billy Joel at any point. The original Wheels was an AOR station. At some point, the corporate programming suits did away with AOR, and started aiming for the lowest common denominator in listeners. Wheels was already Smooth Jazz when this practice became standard operating procedure.

To be true to form, Wheels should play some of the secondary tracks (that were played PLENTY back in the day) If we're talking about Van Halen, secondary tracks like "I'll Wait" or "Drop Dead Legs" from 1984 would be better than "Hot for Teacher" or "Jump" playing ad nauseam. How about Queensryche? Anything by Queensryche would be better than "Signs" by Tesla. Scorpions? They had a lot more songs other than "No One Like You" that were hot on the album charts. There are many many examples here.

I am delighted to hear the image voices announceate "Wheels" properly, with emphasis on the E's ("Wheeeels!") Reminds me of "WNNNNNBC" R.I.P. Kevin Metheny. :smokin
I love reading your posts about the original Wheels.

I don't ever remember much of the softer stuff being on WLLZ. I was shocked to hear Fleetwood Mac on one of my aircheck videos.

Thank you for bringing up VH. I would love for some Sammy stuff to make it into rotation at some point. It seems that ever since Dave has been back, most of the Sammy stuff has disappeared.

By all means, drop a line anytime about how things were at the original 98.7 frequency of WLLZ. Having worked at WRIF, I know the history, but know minimal about Wheels. Would love to learn more!


Underground Sounds, Ann Arbor
"Keep Vinyl Alive!"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic