Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 8570

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:17 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:44 pm
Oh, Idk about that...the 90s are probably my most represented decade in music in my collection (fitting, since I came of age then). But the YEAR most represented in my music collection is 1986. Figure THAT out.

Between the albums, 45s, CDs, tapes and digital library...I am what you would call a program director's worst nightmare. You could go DAYS on end with no repeats. Plus, I'm a sucker for a good melody. Where else could you hear "In the Meantime" by Spacehog followed by "Friends and Strangers" by Ronnie Laws back to back? ;)
The ones I see most often On the radio are 1981-82-83-84... something about those four years and smash hits...

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:05 pm

Well yeah, that's the radio. If I woke up tomorrow with the average radio station's library downstairs, I'd do things to my ears that would make Vincent van Gogh blush.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:14 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:05 pm
Well yeah, that's the radio. If I woke up tomorrow with the average radio station's library downstairs, I'd do things to my ears that would make Vincent van Gogh blush.
Fortunately Van Gogh was not into cutting off his hands...

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:30 pm

Admittedly, the type of programming I would push would maybe have flown on a college station 20 years ago. I bet if I had my own station (and it already looks like an air studio in my basement), I'd maybe pull WDFN numbers, if I was lucky. It almost makes me wanna buy brokered time on some piss ant AM station and just show up with my library. I'm not sure how many people are interested in East Bay punk from the late 80s mixed with progressive rock album sides on scratchy AM signals 😆

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:08 am

Well,I'll wager Van Gogh never had an earache !!!!

claymed7

Post by claymed7 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:54 pm

Who am I, the same guy who's worked in the market for over 30 years - I have a real job with real experience in radio. I don't need to sit in front of my radio and rate the songs the stations are playing, because I already know the songs they are playing - It's the same in every market. As I have said many a time, I am on the board to see what is happening in Detroit radio, not to watch a bunch of people complain that the Adult AC station won't play their request.

That being said, I do think Wheels is doing a great job in promoting themselves in the market. I hope they snag another top notch talent or two as well - Only thing I would love to see is deeper cuts and a move away from the same old artists. If you are going to be Detroit's Wheels, I want to hear some Detroit artists: The Rockets, The Romantics, MC5, Stooges, Patti Smith ect,

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:58 pm

Who cares who you are, You could be lying, You could be a radio wannabe and just have in interest in the business, No one knows anyone here and I could be a liar too. So as far as WLLZ 106.7 dream on they will do nothing here but just be another Ifart radio station. And in about 2 years flip to whatever they haven’t done yet. Maybe a Latino Top 40 station. Which is actually a great idea.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:14 pm

claymed7 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:54 pm
Who am I, the same guy who's worked in the market for over 30 years - I have a real job with real experience in radio. I don't need to sit in front of my radio and rate the songs the stations are playing, because I already know the songs they are playing - It's the same in every market. As I have said many a time, I am on the board to see what is happening in Detroit radio, not to watch a bunch of people complain that the Adult AC station won't play their request.

That being said, I do think Wheels is doing a great job in promoting themselves in the market. I hope they snag another top notch talent or two as well - Only thing I would love to see is deeper cuts and a move away from the same old artists. If you are going to be Detroit's Wheels, I want to hear some Detroit artists: The Rockets, The Romantics, MC5, Stooges, Patti Smith ect,
then don't fucking read the posts.
We are here to talk about these things, not read some moron bitch about us.

Music is my life.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:25 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:16 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:00 pm
Another fave of mine:

It’s not a bad song...

But it’s not really memorable or terribly catchy... it just sort of exists. You wouldn’t walk down the street humming or sit there singing along with it like a zombie.... That is the #1 reason I think 90’s music is not on the radio more.... it just wasn’t very memorable stuff... there were a few diamonds in the rough but there was about a 10 year period (say 88-98 or so) when music was just not as good as it had been the previous couple of decades... the 80’s and 90’s are big now but notice that nobody seems to give two shits about the music from the 90’s... just everything else is cool...
Tons of Green Day, Nirvana and Pearl Jam still on terrestrial radio. Though I would like more Candlebox to go with it. The problem may be that a lot of 90s bands had short shelf lives even then. One of my favorite bands is Hum. They didnt last long at all until they became obscure bargain bin specials. I like 90s alt-rock better but the 80s stuff had longer staying power and the artists had bigger-and more-hits than the cool 90s acts.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:29 pm

Also, I did not know Classic Rock was "Adult AC".
I also was not aware that "Adult Adult Contemporary" was even a format.

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:37 pm

I would love to hear "Blurry" by Puddle Of Mudd

Music is my life.

AMFMTV

Post by AMFMTV » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:47 pm

claymed7

Post by claymed7 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:02 pm

Yeah, like I don't have better things to do than make up lies to post to 8 people on a radio blog - Have a nice life losers. I will continue on my path while you sit at home and try and figure out why the DJ's aren't playing your requests!

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:23 pm

claymed7 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:02 pm
Yeah, like I don't have better things to do than make up lies to post to 8 people on a radio blog - Have a nice life losers. I will continue on my path while you sit at home and try and figure out why the DJ's aren't playing your requests!
What ever loser, You have no path or better yet you’re pathetic, Keep fantasizing like you work at a radio station, If you keep believing, It becomes real, But only in your mind. Now if you were in the biz you know it’s very seldom radio stations take requests and if you were in the biz you would know that the playlist are done on a Corporate level but again you would’ve known that if you were in the radio biz.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:44 pm

only iheart makes corporate playlists though Steve

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic