Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 15835

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:27 pm

I try to be constructive in my criticism on here but this station is so boring, it should be a Nissan Z but it's more like a base model Buick Century in white, that smells like Ludens cough drops and lotion on the inside.

The Doors? Jimi Hendrix? boring. Fleetwood Mac? come on man... toped off with crust bucket butt rock, black album Metallica, and just a smige of a Nirvana song that's been played a Crillion times already.

Ram this thing into a proverbial concert wall. Over it. Ok I'm done.

Greg Buben

Post by Greg Buben » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:59 pm

The last post said that Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, and Fleetwood Mac were boring and criticized WLLZ for their airplay.
I have a mixed response to that statement. I do agree that the I-Heart corporate playlist of those artists can be tire-
some for some people but those artists still are popular today not just among hippy era senior citizens but also the
younger kids from their teens to their 60's. The blues cuts by Jimi Hendrix and The Doors are excellent. Some of the
rock deep cuts are also good. Perhaps if WLLZ weren't owned by I-Heart they would consider deeper cuts to air.
As far as Fleetwood Mac is concerned I'm presuming he meant the Fleetwood Mac from the 70's onward with
the two girls and Linsday Buckingham as opposed to the British blues band that preceeded the pop rock Fleetwood
Mac. The Fleetwood Mac from the mid 70's onward is still a very popular band and you can hear the hits not only on
WLLZ and other classic rock stations but also on classic hits, oldies, and adult contemporary radio stations. They do
have some good deep cuts however I still think that WLLZ should live up to their TV commercials during Tiger Baseball
and just play classic hard rock without bands that are too pop and too soft such as the Fleetwood Mac from the
mid 70's forward. If WLLZ were to do that they could potentially take listeners away from their classic rock competitor
WCSX and the Active Rock station WRIF both of whom are owned by Beasley. WLLZ should live up to the image it tries
to promote in the TV commercials that air on Detroit Tiger Baseball games.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:51 pm

Greg Buben wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:59 pm
The last post said that Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, and Fleetwood Mac were boring and criticized WLLZ for their airplay.
I have a mixed response to that statement. I do agree that the I-Heart corporate playlist of those artists can be tire-
some for some people but those artists still are popular today not just among hippy era senior citizens but also the
younger kids from their teens to their 60's. The blues cuts by Jimi Hendrix and The Doors are excellent. Some of the
rock deep cuts are also good. Perhaps if WLLZ weren't owned by I-Heart they would consider deeper cuts to air.
As far as Fleetwood Mac is concerned I'm presuming he meant the Fleetwood Mac from the 70's onward with
the two girls and Linsday Buckingham as opposed to the British blues band that preceeded the pop rock Fleetwood
Mac. The Fleetwood Mac from the mid 70's onward is still a very popular band and you can hear the hits not only on
WLLZ and other classic rock stations but also on classic hits, oldies, and adult contemporary radio stations. They do
have some good deep cuts however I still think that WLLZ should live up to their TV commercials during Tiger Baseball
and just play classic hard rock without bands that are too pop and too soft such as the Fleetwood Mac from the
mid 70's forward. If WLLZ were to do that they could potentially take listeners away from their classic rock competitor
WCSX and the Active Rock station WRIF both of whom are owned by Beasley. WLLZ should live up to the image it tries
to promote in the TV commercials that air on Detroit Tiger Baseball games.
Pretty much.

They came on the scene and LIED to us.
They used the call letters and told us they'd be the "New Generation of Classic Rock".
Then they proceeded to overload their playlist with the same tired safe crap everyone has heard a million times; a lot of which could be found on WCSX.
Then awhile back after dismal ratings they decided to go full blown WCSX baby brother and basically play 95% of the same stuff they do.
Fuck you WLLZ and every decision making person there.
Play kick ass rock and roll tunes from the 80's and 90's and few 2000's. Its not that hard to figure out.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic