Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Deal Breakers on 96.3

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
BKRPDM

Deal Breakers on 96.3

Post by BKRPDM » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:29 pm

Who listens to this pathetic bit on 96.3? Blaine should be embarrassed.

The bits are obviously staged, but no attempt is made to have any local feel. This morning’s couple consisted of a worker at “Yogurtland”, which is in the US but not in Michigan. The guy mentioned that he didn’t know that he was on “the morning show” (how generic). Even the interactions between Blaine and the participants seems so canned, as it’s almost like everyone is reading their lines, which consist of bleeped f-bombs which seem forced.

Even if they wanted to do bits like this, wouldn’t you rather hear a ‘Joe from Royal Oak who works at HopCat’ etc.

I’m amazed that this crap exists.

Deleted User 14888

Re: Deal Breakers on 96.3

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:43 pm

That station SUCKS, Just what happened to them in the last 6 Months, They used to be listenable then they started to add more current bullshit and screwed the station up, Another pathetic mess created by the asses at Cumulus, They screwed up WJR, WDRQ and now WDVD, Time for them to sell all the Detroit properties. Look out EMF could be eyeballing the FM’s or Kevin Adell might be in the market for an FM, We shall see.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:08 pm

He didn't know he was on the morning show?
🙄🙄

They are probably just using voicetracked lines and blaine is talking in between.

What trash

Music is my life.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:37 pm

Look out EMF could be eyeballing the FM’s or Kevin Adell might be in the market for an FM, We shall see.
EMF already has their full power station; they won't need another.

Adell won't be able to pony up enough cash to buy either of these stations, and in the extremely unlikely event one were to wind up in his hands, we'd be assured of extremely low rent & virtually unlistenable programming.

I don't think 96.3 sounds that bad. Ditto WJR. 93.1 is a different story. Station had a decent thing going when they were mixing in a lot of 90's & early 2K's country.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:04 am

You have a good ear, Oldies 84, maybe two of 'em! :)

I just looked at 96.3's music log, and you're right, a definite shift in playlist has occurred recently.

Maybe it's just a weekend thing, but going back to yesterday evening, I observed zero songs from the 80's, a lot more stuff from the 90's & early 2K's than before, and a greater willingness to play to rhythmic pop (including some songs one might expect to hear on 105.1).

In fact, a good chunk of the gold 96.3 is now playing is stuff the old 93.1 DRQ pounded hard back in the day.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:48 am

Why Thank You MW, I guess being in the Biz pays off, Even after 21 years retired from radio, I have mentioned this before and that was 96.3 could rebrand the station to get away from the WDVD Image, Now if the change in music is that big then it’s time for a new image, And if they plan on competition with 95.5 directly, If I were running that station I would change the brand to something like “Now 96.3” or even “My 96.3” and get rid of WDVD in the brand, (DVD’s are old tech 😆) But I think you understand the point being made here, But that’s my take on it.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:37 pm

Usually the weekend is when they play MORE 80s music, so this is definitely different!

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic