Registrations in the queue through August 30 at 8:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Any snow yet where you are?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
stopnswop2
Posts: 2681
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Any snow yet where you are?

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:33 pm

Has it started snowing where you are ?
Last edited by stopnswop2 on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Music is my life.

sfpcc
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:05 pm

Re: Any Snow Yet Where You Are?

Post by sfpcc » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:04 pm

I heard it's supposed to start around midnight. I made a trip to Aldi's to stock up. (it's much cheaper than Whole Foods but the quality difference is steep.)



stopnswop2
Posts: 2681
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: Any Snow Yet Where You Are?

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:17 am

Well it's 4 am almost and finally started to snow a tad


Music is my life.

borderboy653659200
Posts: 1108
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Any Snow Yet Where You Are?

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:18 am

Oh,yes,about five cm. or two inches here in Rose City. ( Windsor.)



jsf
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:06 am
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Any Snow Yet Where You Are?

Post by jsf » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:17 am

borderboy653659200 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:18 am
Oh,yes,about five cm. or two inches here in Rose City. ( Windsor.)
Well that's nice,it's the first time you have said anything nice about something white!



Deleted User 14888

Re: Any Snow Yet Where You Are?

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:22 am

1 to 2 in Utica but windy.



stopnswop2
Posts: 2681
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: Any Snow Yet Where You Are?

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:25 am

It's coming down fast !

Probably already a couple inches here


Music is my life.

Y M Ionhere
Posts: 670
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Where the sun no longer shines

Re: Any Snow Yet Where You Are?

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:46 pm

Real bad in Royal Oak. Roads are unsafe. All the cars are sliding and spinning their tires. I slid into a curb and decided its not worth it. Going back home.



Deleted User 14888

Re: Any Snow Yet Where You Are?

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:33 pm

That’s everyday on M-59 in Utica. 😆



User avatar
craig11152
Posts: 779
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:15 am
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Any Snow Yet Where You Are?

Post by craig11152 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:37 pm

I measured 1.5 inches at 7:30am on my picnic table. It's now 4.5 inches at 1:30 pm.


I no longer directly engage trolls

User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4233
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Any Snow Yet Where You Are?

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:57 pm

I've probably got about 4 to maybe 5 inches on the ground at my place on average. There has been some drifting, so in some areas there is more snow on the ground than others.

Local TV was wrong, as usual.

Highest totals have been in a band from Hillsdale, through Washtenaw County, into Oakland County. There is another band with relatively heavy totals back to the west along I-94 from Battle Creek westward.

Monroe County - which was forecast by most to see upwards of half a foot - has only seen a couple inches so far in most locations.

I'll probably wind up with another inch by the time the storm winds down. Local TV and the NWS were each forecasting about 3 inches in my area. Not a tremendous difference, just annoying.


Caroline Beasley is ruining WRIF. What a bitch!!!

Deleted User 10525

Re: Any Snow Yet Where You Are?

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:59 pm

Wood county Ohio here, It's blowing around pretty good. Looks like about 5in or so as of now, I had heard 4-9in.



Deleted User 8570

Re: Any Snow Yet Where You Are?

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:39 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:57 pm
I've probably got about 4 to maybe 5 inches on the ground at my place on average. There has been some drifting, so in some areas there is more snow on the ground than others.

Local TV was wrong, as usual.

Highest totals have been in a band from Hillsdale, through Washtenaw County, into Oakland County. There is another band with relatively heavy totals back to the west along I-94 from Battle Creek westward.

Monroe County - which was forecast by most to see upwards of half a foot - has only seen a couple inches so far in most locations.

I'll probably wind up with another inch by the time the storm winds down. Local TV and the NWS were each forecasting about 3 inches in my area. Not a tremendous difference, just annoying.
Inexact science is lost on you apparently...



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4233
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Any Snow Yet Where You Are?

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:47 pm

Not lost on me at all. I said "Local TV was wrong, as usual." You mention "inexact science."

Explain to me how those two ideas are mutually exclusive, because I don't think they are mutually exclusive at all.


Caroline Beasley is ruining WRIF. What a bitch!!!

Deleted User 8570

Re: Any Snow Yet Where You Are?

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:07 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:47 pm
Not lost on me at all. I said "Local TV was wrong, as usual." You mention "inexact science."

Explain to me how those two ideas are mutually exclusive, because I don't think they are mutually exclusive at all.
They were wrong... the fact that you think they can nail it with certainty ahead of time and criticize them when they “blow it” shows that you don’t get it. Everything anybody says about weather is an educated guess. Your mileage may vary.

Now in your defense they should probably say “we estimate” instead of trying for absolutes... but nobody knows what will happen exactly until it’s happening and then they modify their explanation based on that new information...



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic