Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WXYZ A.M. News set

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
SolarMax

WXYZ A.M. News set

Post by SolarMax » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:12 am

WXYZ's morning reports have the anchors now sitting in front of some sort of wavy-textured, edge-lit overwhelmingly bright blue background, which also also seems to have some sort of embedded graphic elements. I find it to be really quite ugly and very distracting.

stopnswop2

Re: WXYZ A.M. News set

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:58 am

I know what you are talking about.
I never really paid much mind to it before, but now that you mention it.. it is a bit ugly.

I'll pay more attention next time I watch though now that my mind will be on it.

Music is my life.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:57 am

The lower thirds are almost bright enough to blind me!

They have poor design instincts when it comes to graphics.

Someone made a decision to use a bastardized version of the GMA color palette. It ain't working. The only good thing to come of this is replacement of the animated icon in the lower left corner. That thing is so 2012!!! Wish they'd dump it from all newscasts.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:15 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:57 am
The lower thirds are almost bright enough to blind me!

They have poor design instincts when it comes to graphics.

Someone made a decision to use a bastardized version of the GMA color palette. It ain't working. The only good thing to come of this is replacement of the animated icon in the lower left corner. That thing is so 2012!!! Wish they'd dump it from all newscasts.
It’s just their standard graphics in yellow and white...
The animated box is still there. It’s just in a static mode with the new GMA style morning logo. 7 has always seemed to hug ABC very very tightly even after 33 years of Scripps ownership.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:41 pm

I like the static mode for the box. I hate the new mix of colors. The yellow is outrageously bright, and the ticker bar at the bottom is now bright blue instead of medium blue.

The colors used on the 10PM newscast's graphics are equally as ugly. Red and black on one side of the screen; blue and white on the other!

Time to change those standard graphics. Very dated looking. Most other groups have changed their packages once if not twice since Scripps began using that package. I guess Scripps enjoys a stale look.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:18 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:41 pm
I like the static mode for the box. I hate the new mix of colors. The yellow is outrageously bright, and the ticker bar at the bottom is now bright blue instead of medium blue.

The colors used on the 10PM newscast's graphics are equally as ugly. Red and black on one side of the screen; blue and white on the other!

Time to change those standard graphics. Very dated looking. Most other groups have changed their packages once if not twice since Scripps began using that package. I guess Scripps enjoys a stale look.
A new group graphics package is rumored for later this year. Scripps started seeking proposals In October.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic