Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Best Local TV News in Detroit

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 8570

Re: Best Local TV News in Detroit

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:46 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:43 pm
Circle Seven wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:01 pm
Depends on what time of the day.
Before the better half gets up, I watch mostly Channel 7 because I can mute the boob tube and still read the "tickertape" below to see what's going on.
Once she's up, it's Channel 2 until Wendy goes off at 1.

In the evening, it's all about the eye candy.
Glenda whenever she is on. Karen Drew when Glenda is not on.
I'll never understand straight guys' perverted boob obsession. Lol
I’ll pass on my corresponding rebuttal to that...

windsor

Post by windsor » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:35 pm

Here's my viewing habits......

Morn. Fox2

4pm Between Karen Drew Local4 and Judge Judy Fox2

5pm Action News 7

6pm CTV News windsor

10pm Fox2

11pm CTV News Windsor

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:48 pm

windsor wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:35 pm

…. 10pm Fox2 ….
You like watching Huel Perkins? Didn't expect anyone to say this.

windsor

Post by windsor » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:02 pm

Circle Seven wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:48 pm
windsor wrote:

…. 10pm Fox2 ….
Yes I do,,,,he's a veteren new caster on our dial and does a nice job imho. I also like Lori Pinson on weather.She has really grown into the job from her beginning at Fox2.

I also should have said if I miss Fox2 at 10pm I jump to Rexxy at Circle7 for the most accurate forecast.

Our local wx on CTV2 and CBC are total garbage :barf

I also hate Celcius, Im an old school F guy......

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:31 pm

Judge Judy isn't local news, lmao

Music is my life.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:19 pm

Circle Seven wrote:
windsor wrote:

…. 10pm Fox2 ….
I don’t mind him until the let it rip thing comes on... he leads people into fighting with his questions...

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:33 pm

The true Huel comes out on Let it Rip, I have zero respect for the man and I’m being nice. Even though Fox Network is mainly Republican, The Fox affiliate in Detroit, Fox 2 Local News and it’s reporters and anchors are very Liberal. It’s not like that at other Fox affiliates just in Detroit. In other Fox markets the Fox affiliates are a little more balanced between Conservative and Liberal.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:42 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:19 pm
Circle Seven wrote:
windsor wrote:

…. 10pm Fox2 ….
I don’t mind him until the let it rip thing comes on... he leads people into fighting with his questions...
That's the entire point though.
People tend to be highly entertained by listening to an argument over a topic of their interest. And it is call "Let It Rip" you know.. lol

Music is my life.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:27 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:42 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Circle Seven wrote:
windsor wrote:

…. 10pm Fox2 ….
People tend to be highly entertained by listening to an argument over a topic of their interest. And it is call "Let It Rip" you know.. lol
You can get them fighting without the shouting, pointing and leading... the whole thing and his delivery is so theatrical that it’s a turn off....

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:52 am

NS8401 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:27 am
stopnswop2 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:42 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Circle Seven wrote:
windsor wrote:

…. 10pm Fox2 ….
You can get them fighting without the shouting, pointing and leading... the whole thing and his delivery is so theatrical that it’s a turn off....
Yeah, I'll agree there that it's a bit over the top.
I've seen the same gimmick on various other shows that all seem to just go way too overboard. A line needs to be drawn between being entertaining and acting like a lunatic

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:55 am

I have a recent example actually.
The other night my dad had on I think Faux News and they were discussing the fake Pelosi/Trump wall debate, and they were all screaming at each other.
I was just like wtfh is this insane nonsense😅

Music is my life.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:43 am

Oldies 84 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:33 pm
The true Huel comes out on Let it Rip, I have zero respect for the man and I’m being nice. Even though Fox Network is mainly Republican, The Fox affiliate in Detroit, Fox 2 Local News and it’s reporters and anchors are very Liberal. It’s not like that at other Fox affiliates just in Detroit. In other Fox markets the Fox affiliates are a little more balanced between Conservative and Liberal.
“Let It Rip” is definitely slanted to me. A typical episode will have 2 Democrats, then an angry black Democrat who will resort to playing the race card as their primary argument, and either 1 fringe conservative that makes all conservatives look like loons, or a wimpy one that the Democratic majority can talk over and verbally beat up. I can’t watch when Fieger is on because he is so awful. I hate him. Pompous, egotistical, rude, obnoxious, extremely biased,a total bully and hogs every conversation so no one else can get a word in. I like Huel as a reporter. He is engaging and generally very solid. But he then teams up with Charlie to slide his own biases in on the show, whereas I think the role of a GOOD moderator is to start the conversation and let the panel give the opinions. As far as Conservatives on the show, the once had Ron Edwards, a gentile, soft-spoken African-American conservative. Seems like a good guy, but a little soft. He barely got to speak and when he did, he got cut off and attacked. Another Conservative they have had on was Lena Epstein, another softie that can be easily over talked. They seem to set it up so that Conservative guests get overtaken and pushed around. On one occasion, though, they had Thyrazone X (sp?), a fringe right-wing extremist who basically made the right look like crazies and all the leftists on the panel to appear moderate.
That said, I think Huel is still one of the best anchors when reporting news. He seems more engaging and authentic, less 1-dimensional. I always thought 7 was the worst. The reporters sound too scripted and their voice enunciation too forced. The reporting sounds too bland.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:38 am

So you do understand how the Local News people on our Fox affiliate are truly more to the Left, at first I thought it was only myself that seen this. There’s no balance on Fox 2 locally, never was and never will be.

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:48 am

Toggs,Detroit is four-fifths African American.Guess like most other bigoted white folk,you believe black people's views irrelevant,which is why you likely fall (or actually believe) every nearly-octogenarian racist Piggy Wiggy (L.Brooks) Patterson's jeremiads about Detroit,and by extension,blacks.

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:06 pm

Toggs,first of all,bigot,white Michiganders and Michigeese are just as inarticulate (in many cases,even more so ) than African Americans.Guess as a bigoted white man of dull-normal ( likely not even that "high") intelligence,you think African Americans' viewpoint less important than yours.(Incidentally,your state is derogated as "MICH-issippi" for its uneducated,largely fugly population and a few very tony suburbs surrounding the poverty and depravity like the Third World-like Deep South state from which many Mitten State residents' ancestors hailed.)
Fieger should have been your Governor,but you chose Fat John Engler,who as he did countless times as one of your worst Chief Executives,proved himself a corporate butt-kisser and bully to the Larry Nasser victims as an MSU trustee. (Or whatever position this repellent excuse for a human holds at the former "Moo U." ) Fieger accurately described Engler as resembling farm animals' spawn,but such beasts are easier on the eyes (not to mention more intelligent) than Fat Boy .

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic