All accepted registrations through June 15 at 7:00a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30571

98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new Fresh / RnB playlist

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 14935

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new Fresh / RnB playlist

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:53 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:37 pm
Steve Korvette wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:46 pm
Weekend Breeze is better than during the week, Why?
It's the exact same playlist.
What do you mean better ?
Song selection.



stopnswop2
Posts: 2605
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new Fresh / RnB playlist

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:55 pm

Steve Korvette wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:53 pm
stopnswop2 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:37 pm
Steve Korvette wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:46 pm
Weekend Breeze is better than during the week, Why?
It's the exact same playlist.
What do you mean better ?
Song selection.
Same songs as normal.
They updated the playlist last Thursday though, so you just are hearing the new songs.


Music is my life.

stopnswop2
Posts: 2605
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new Fresh / RnB playlist

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:48 pm

Detroit313 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:26 pm
They played Madonna - Lucky Star last night at 12:53am for the very first time.

I wish it was Live To Tell instead. That one hasn't been played again after those 2-3 scattered spins a month ago.
Live to tell just played.
Somebody edited the song. The intro is cut off. It started right in the middle of her first vocal. The ending was also cut short. It cut her off mid vocal.

Wtf


Music is my life.

Detroit313
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:32 pm

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new Fresh / RnB playlist

Post by Detroit313 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:39 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:48 pm
Detroit313 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:26 pm
They played Madonna - Lucky Star last night at 12:53am for the very first time.

I wish it was Live To Tell instead. That one hasn't been played again after those 2-3 scattered spins a month ago.
Live to tell just played.
Somebody edited the song. The intro is cut off. It started right in the middle of her first vocal. The ending was also cut short. It cut her off mid vocal.

Wtf
Sounds messy.



Detroit313
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:32 pm

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new Fresh / RnB playlist

Post by Detroit313 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:33 am

They added Green Day and Pat Benatar.



stopnswop2
Posts: 2605
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new Fresh / RnB playlist

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:52 am

They are playing "Royals" by Lorde right now.
Wtf.
Even WNIC wouldn't play that song.

Heard "Lights Down Low" by Max in the car yesterday.

I'm glad I decided to stop listening all day when I did.


Music is my life.

User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4516
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new Fresh / RnB playlist

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:20 am

I heard an annoying Beyonce song on 98.7 yesterday that definitely didn't fit the format.

A couple days earlier, heard a very uptempo Steve Winwood song (Roll With It) that doesn't belong on a station positioning itself as "relaxing."

My guess is 98.7's demos are old and they are trying to experiment with some things to make the station have broader appeal.


MEMO TO 89-EX: FIX YOUR SHITTY SOUNDING AUDIO!! WE CAN HARDLY HEAR THE FRIGGIN' STATION! Thanks in advance.

BKRPDM
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new Fresh / RnB playlist

Post by BKRPDM » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:43 am

Just give it about 6 to 9 months....The station will start sounding like 105.1 in its last few years, after they migrated away from the “Magic” name. More Katy Perry, more Gaga....ugh...



User avatar
ZenithCKLW
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:21 am
Location: Livonia, MI
Contact:

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new Fresh / RnB playlist

Post by ZenithCKLW » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:03 am

Heard Chaka Kahn’s I’m Every Woman 🤮

Doesn’t sound like a Soft AC or AC Gold to me. What are they actually trying to be? Just another WNIC right before it became Fresh? At the beginning, I didn’t think they were even close to WNIC, which is why I liked it.



Deleted User 14992

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new Fresh / RnB playlist

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:59 pm

The Breeze 98.7 will have to chase after WNIC because 100.3 is good at what they’re doing and have been good for years. So expect Lady Gaga and Katy Perry songs on 98.7 in the future.



stopnswop2
Posts: 2605
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new Fresh / RnB playlist

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:52 pm

Chuck Davies wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:59 pm
The Breeze 98.7 will have to chase after WNIC because 100.3 is good at what they’re doing and have been good for years. So expect Lady Gaga and Katy Perry songs on 98.7 in the future.
The people listening to the Breeze obviously don't want to hear the Lady Gaga and Katy Perry songs WNIC is obsessed with... so I don't see that happening.
Thank.god


Music is my life.

stopnswop2
Posts: 2605
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new Fresh / RnB playlist

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:55 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:03 am
Heard Chaka Kahn’s I’m Every Woman 🤮

Doesn’t sound like a Soft AC or AC Gold to me. What are they actually trying to be? Just another WNIC right before it became Fresh? At the beginning, I didn’t think they were even close to WNIC, which is why I liked it.
I'm pretty sure they are playing Whitney's cover of it, not the Chaka Khan version
But I could be mistaken....

But either way.. that song is not a "soft favorite"


Music is my life.

Deleted User 14992

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new Fresh / RnB playlist

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:02 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:55 pm
ZenithCKLW wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:03 am
Heard Chaka Kahn’s I’m Every Woman 🤮

Doesn’t sound like a Soft AC or AC Gold to me. What are they actually trying to be? Just another WNIC right before it became Fresh? At the beginning, I didn’t think they were even close to WNIC, which is why I liked it.
I'm pretty sure they are playing Whitney's cover of it, not the Chaka Khan version
But I could be mistaken....

But either way.. that song is not a "soft favorite"
It might not be your “Soft Favorite” but it’s someones.



stopnswop2
Posts: 2605
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new Fresh / RnB playlist

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:42 pm

You're not quite getting the concept...
That is not a soft or relaxing song.


Music is my life.

Deleted User 14992

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new Fresh / RnB playlist

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:12 pm

I’m relaxed when I hear it, Tonight The Breeze played Benny Mardones “Into The Night” at around 7:40 now that song is not relaxing, A song about an old Dude hitting on a 16 year old, “She’s just sixteen years old, Leave her alone they say” Really! I mean Really! This song is on a family oriented radio station 🤣 Man, What is going on in the world anymore. :rollin



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic