Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

106.7 what format have you not tried?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
stopnswop2

Re: 106.7 what format have you not tried?

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:33 pm

Lol tbh, retro commercials actually would appeal to me.

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:36 pm

RadioKev wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:38 pm
But NO ,variety hits DID NOT WORK how in the hell can it work again ,they tried it ,modified it change the name and it just did not work.Ethnic is actually a logical 💡 idea with brokered programming.

It was working, they only flipped it to Alt to prevent another company from doing so.

I forget what the exact ratings were for "The D 2.0", but they were definitely better than Alt. I think they were even better than Doug FM's final month. (Which I think was a 3.4 share)

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:03 pm

Albanian disco,GREAT STUFF that’s what they need to do at the BIG 106.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:41 pm

WDTM Detroit's Metal

The Constant Browser

Post by The Constant Browser » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:03 am

They should have simulcasted WDFN when they had the chance years ago before the Ticket came along. The Ticket may never have happened.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:00 am

I forget what the exact ratings were for "The D 2.0", but they were definitely better than Alt. I think they were even better than Doug FM's final month. (Which I think was a 3.4 share)
The D as a true Variety Hits station (which lasted only about 120 days; prior to that they still had a strong classic rock lean) earned about a 2 share.

Doug FM at its peak was in the mid to upper 3's. When the plug was pulled, they were in the low 2's. Doug FM did earn strong ratings in the category that matters most - Adults 25-54 - for several straight years. Never was a prolific biller, though, due to ownership and absence of on-air personalities. WCSX's programming mishaps - such as putting Deminski & Doyle in morning drive - contributed to Doug FM's success.

To this day, I am highly skeptical about the theory that preventing 98.7 from going Alt is the reason 106.7 flipped. Why would iFart care unless it was already strongly considering flipping 106.7 anyway?

My guess is 106.7 flipped because iFart is using a programmatic (national) sales strategy for its Alternative programming, and Detroit (because of its population size) adds critical mass to those efforts.

98.7 going Alt actually would've been a good outcome from iFart's standpoint. It would've given 95.5 the CHR/Pop field all to itself, such a format on 98.7 wouldn't have competed with any of iFart's existing Detroit stations, and it would've precluded 98.7 from taking direct aim at WNIC.

Let's not forget that nationwide since the CBS acquisition, Entercom has only flipped three of its inherited stations to alternative, and one of those was a no-brainer (New York).

Interestingly, the low-rated AMP station in Boston - 103.3 WODS - has survived so far. This is probably because Entercom's two "go to" formats are already taken. Beasley's 92.9 plays Alternative whereas an independent - 99.1 WPLM - plays Soft AC.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic