Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Winter Storm Watch and the idiots who predict it.

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
craig11152

Re: Winter Storm Watch and the idiots who predict it.

Post by craig11152 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:41 am

I think where TV guys tend to run in to a problem on a day like this is when, the day before, they talk about morning drive time being a slushy mess. When you are a Detroit station and say that so generically it implies a 3-4-5 county area of commuters. So if that's what you heard, "drive time slushy mess" and you live on the southern edge of the system and you get a wet dusting your going to say the weatherman blew it.

I no longer directly engage trolls

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:52 am

SW corner of Kent County has already seen 6 or 7 inches, consistent with where the models were showing the heaviest band to set up.

Most of Chicago wasn't hit as severely as feared. Much worse up by Rockford, IL.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:21 am

Well ,I’m still waiting for the snow so I can clean my driveway ,but really nothing yet In Shelby Township just wet pavement but on 2,4,&7 they are still hyping “The⛈ Storm .“Now I’m going to make a prediction this afternoon around 5:30 it will get dark ,darkness will continue through Tuesday morning till about 7AM when it will begin to become light again it will remain light until 5:30 now let’s see how close my prediction is.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:51 am

Here in Ann Arbor its snowing very lightly, it has been for awhile but I'd say 99% of it is melting on contact at the moment,

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:27 pm

We have some slush and a light coating on the ground here in Whitmore Lake (23 is right behind me). It was nowhere near what they called for. Not that I'm complaining or anything. The less I have to deal with, the better.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

RadioRat

Post by RadioRat » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:31 pm

Up near 4 inches here in the Thumb already. We might get towards 8 since it is supposed to stick around until after dark.

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:19 pm

So apparently the sky won’t fall today, Oh well Just another day in The”D”.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:39 pm

You do make a perfectly legitimate point regarding the hype, RadioKev.

The jerkwad news people talk up systems like this to lure people to tune in. Then, once the weather people give the weather report, one realizes what a non-event this is for the vast majority of the area.

Livingston and Washtenaw wound up in the dry slot once the colder air started moving in. This system became really disorganized as it trekked eastward. A new Low developing much farther east is starving this system of energy.

Much different story along and north of I-69. That snowband held together quite well.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:42 pm

This is really all it is ,we are in a age of fake news and also fake weather what next fake time (just trying to be funny on that one )but you get it.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:52 pm

This was my view about 11:30. Now what little white was there is about all gone

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic