Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WDIV Sweeps Up November

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
IIN4MU

WDIV Sweeps Up November

Post by IIN4MU » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:00 am

Local 4 keeps the heat on the Deuce in the 6 a.m. hour; increases audience shares during their top-rated 4 p.m., 5 p.m., 6 p.m., and 11 p.m. newscasts.

www.clickondetroit.com/station/november-ratings

Deleted User 8570

Re: WDIV Sweeps Up November

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:53 am

IIN4MU wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:00 am
Local 4 keeps the heat on the Deuce in the 6 a.m. hour; increases audience shares during their top-rated 4 p.m., 5 p.m., 6 p.m., and 11 p.m. newscasts.

www.clickondetroit.com/station/november-ratings
6am:
2 News 4.7/17 SHR
4 News 4.6/17 SHR
7 News 3.5/13 SHR

4pm:
4 News 6.4/16 SHR
2 Judge Judy 3.4/9 SHR
7 The Now Detroit 2.0/5 SHR

5pm:
4 News 7.6/17 SHR
2 News 4.8/10 SHR
7 News 4.0/9 SHR

6pm:
4 News 8.7/17 SHR
7 News 5.6/11 SHR
2 News 4.3/8 SHR

10pm:
2 News 4.3/8 SHR

11pm:
4 News 7.1/15 SHR
7 News 4.1/9 SHR
2 News 3.5/7 SHR

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:24 pm

Great info; thank you!

The softness in Fox 2's numbers in the early morning and to a lesser extent, at 10p, are alarming.

I've never seen a virtual tie between WJBK and someone else in the 6a hour at any point during the past 15 years.

Fox 2's crappy set aesthetics (a big downgrade from the clean look of the old set) and deempasizing of investigative reporting have hurt the station. Losing Murray Feldman, Alan Lee, and other talented folks hasn't helped, either.

Could one argue Fox 2 is now too "white" in the early morning prime time? Hate to say it, but might a lack of ethnicity be hurting 2's numbers? Or are people getting sick of the anchors? I'm not fond of how the blond lady covers serious news. Conversely, Rhonda Walker of WDIV has improved in that area as compared to her style of the late 00's.

KeenerGold

Post by KeenerGold » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:07 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:24 pm

Could one argue Fox 2 is now too "white" in the early morning prime time? Hate to say it, but might a lack of ethnicity be hurting 2's numbers? Or are people getting sick of the anchors? I'm not fond of how the blond lady covers serious news. Conversely, Rhonda Walker of WDIV has improved in that area as compared to her style of the late 00's.
Amy Andrews. Not a fan.

LOL @ Circle 7's 5pm numbers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:31 pm

I used to be quite critical of Rhonda Walker years ago on this board, but over the past few years, her on-air delivery has improved dramatically.

If it weren't for the over-caffeinated and super obnoxious Brandon Roux, I'd watch Channel 4 more frequently in the morning. Perhaps even exclusively. As it stands now, I generally split my morning viewing between Fox 2 and Channel 4. When I turn on 2, I try to do so right at the top or bottom of the hour.

Even Kim D., who was flat out terrible when first joining the station, handles traffic reporting with ease these days. Whoever mentored her did a terrific job.

7 needs to dump Keenan Smith from the co-anchor chair in the morning (Keenan always did a terrific job with weather), and they especially need to dump sleepy Davey Lew from the weeknight anchor chair. He's difficult to watch at times. Does he test well with any viewers under the age of 65?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:38 pm

BTW, the "LOL" needs to be directed at Circle 7's 4PM numbers, Keener. :)

Also, what the heck has happened to Judge Judy's ratings locally?

deadend

Post by deadend » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:09 pm

What about WDIV on weekends? Im a big fan and supporter of the Prya Mann and Sean Ley duo. I think they're much better than their timeslot should speak of them, buried on weekend mornings. It's the only time I watch Ch4 anymore because I dislike that big stupid oaf Hankth Winthchetherth and that comical "help me hank" segment with his over the top dramatic mannerisms and lisp, not to mention the idiotic subject matter.

I agree about Brandon Roux and the weather....give me a break. His on camera style is so over the top its like he's making fun of someone. I do like Karen Drew, Devin, and the rest though. I just dislike Paula Tutman screaming every story at me and Helpth Methh Hankthhhh so much I don't watch anymore. 4 no more!

Over on 2 the blonde you speak of, Amy Andrews, was once considered on this very board as being "the typical, attractive, bland, blonde newswoman to fill the quota", or something to that effect. She's ok. I cant decided if she's better as an anchor or when she was on The Nine.

Speaking of The Nine, we all can agree Marielle Lue sucks. She's always got the expression on he face like she just stepped in shit, and her "Im better than you! Im a queen!" bullshit oozes though the tv. She needs to go. Was it really that much cheaper to keep her and ditch Jason Carr and cut Lee Thomas down to part time? And I wasn't that big of a Jason Carr fan.

How about ditching Lue and her stupid ass "Lue Crew" bullshit and putting Robin Murdoch in there? The few times she's sat in she was well spoken and personable. I'd love to watch her and Deena every morning, as Deena is the main reason I tune in now.

And please, someone tell Ryan Armani and Charlie Langton TO STOP F***ING SCREAMING!!!!! Its not top 40 radio!!!!!

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:19 pm

Fox 2 News is a total joke what is sad this is a perfect example of fake news what is even worse is channel 2 is Fox Owned and operated it amazes me just how opposite the local content is from the network contents, If you can go back to the election on November 6 some of the Fox 2 personalities we’re for One side and the Network was completely opposite now I’m trying not to get political here but I think you get it.One more thing definitely get rid of Marielle Lue and put Erica Ericsson in her place she is much more attractive and smarter.Sorry One last thing if Amy Andrews gets any more work on her face we just might see it crack on live TV how can she move her mouth to talk.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:45 pm

Yeah, I noticed that too, Kev. She wears an excessive amount of makeup and it also looks like she had a nose job.

I like your suggestion regarding Erika Ericsson (I have no idea if I spelled that correctly).

I actually like Charlie Langton but Ryan Ermanni gets on my nerves, especially when he's doing a report from the field. His voice is abrasive.

To deadend - I don't see Tutman on channel 4 nearly as much as I once did. She used to be part of the morning show daily. I found her to be overbearing in that role. Fortunately, she was reassigned quite some time ago. When she does standard news reporting from the field, she usually isn't bad.

Andrea Isom on WXYZ is much, much worse than Tutman. Isom's wardrobe and especially her phony-baloney deep & loud speaking voice are both major turnoffs. On a tabloid TV or crime investigation series, her delivery might work. But I think it's a poor fit for an evening newscast.

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:51 pm

I dislike that big stupid oaf Hankth Winthchetherth and that comical "help me hank" segment with his over the top dramatic mannerisms and lisp, not to mention the idiotic subject matter.
Talk about a broken record. This is about the 900th time you've made this comment.

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:28 am

What Detroit really needs in the morning is a “Kelly and Company” show @ 9AM on Fox 2 to replace that stupid “The Nine “ joke they call a show now why not bring Jason Carr back to Fox 2 and let him and Wifey Taryne Asher (my spelling is terrible) do this morning thing on Fox 2 now I can’t stand Carr (but she’s not bad to look at) What do you think?

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:51 pm

Does the blonde have big boobs?

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:53 pm

DAVEY LEW'S STILL THERE????? Is he in a walker,or does he use an oxygen tank ?

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:55 pm

RYAN ERMANNI????? EWWWWWW!!!!!!!!Didn't realize that clown was still polluting the airwaves .

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:07 pm

You're a piece of work, Cowboy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic