Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WOMC NOT going wall-to-wall Christmas this year

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 14803

Re: WOMC NOT going wall-to-wall Christmas this year

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:37 pm

Captain that’s because they don’t care about it ,if they did they would have taken an interest in trying to find out how it works ,maybe read the car manual ,but really more importantly it’s the fault of the people behind the development of HD Radio they didn’t care about promoting and educating the public on HD Radio to this day who ever is the owner of HD Radio (used to be Ibiquity)All they care about is collecting licensing fees from broadcasters and manufacturers that’s it and they still are making money even though penetration of HD Radio is only 15% pretty sad for a technology that’s been on the market since 2004 .14 years have come and gone and dozens of new technologies have come out to literally bury HDRadio.And one more item this was only developed to offset the fear of Satellite Radio in the late 90’s because the big broadcasters were concerned people would listen more to satellite radio than to AM and FM when the broadcasters found out it wasn’t a threat they backed off on HD Radio now we hear no more HDRadio commercials question when was the last time you heard a ad for HD Radio?That it for now see ya!

Captain Rock

Post by Captain Rock » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:04 pm

RadioKev wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:37 pm
Captain that’s because they don’t care about it ,if they did they would have taken an interest in trying to find out how it works ,maybe read the car manual ,but really more importantly it’s the fault of the people behind the development of HD Radio they didn’t care about promoting and educating the public on HD Radio to this day who ever is the owner of HD Radio (used to be Ibiquity)All they care about is collecting licensing fees from broadcasters and manufacturers that’s it and they still are making money even though penetration of HD Radio is only 15% pretty sad for a technology that’s been on the market since 2004 .14 years have come and gone and dozens of new technologies have come out to literally bury HDRadio.And one more item this was only developed to offset the fear of Satellite Radio in the late 90’s because the big broadcasters were concerned people would listen more to satellite radio than to AM and FM when the broadcasters found out it wasn’t a threat they backed off on HD Radio now we hear no more HDRadio commercials question when was the last time you heard a ad for HD Radio?That it for now see ya!
RadioKev, many good points, you are absolutely correct. I don’t see anything changing soon.

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:21 pm

Captain I had followed this whole HD thing from it’s development in1998, in the beginning it actually sounded like it could work but as time rolled on to 2004 when they put the new $500.00 car units on the market and said this is radio’s next big thing ,more stations started to go HD and Ibiquty promised that FM will sound like CD’s and that AM will sound like FM and FM will have sub channels for more variety ,I thought this is going to be great then all of a sudden AM radio had major intference issues and so did FM then the FM stations in time started to neglect HD 2 and 3 subs with dead air and they To this day-they really don’t care if their stations are HD or not because we can now stream I could go on for hours but I think you get the picture this has always been a wasted technology.

tigersroar

Post by tigersroar » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:12 am

Other than JJ's comment can anyone confirm the WOMC is not going all christmas? Until of course assumably Christmas Eve? It would be a damn shame, their playlist is far superior to Ihearts corporate playlist you here on WNIC. I believe the last couple years WOMC started full blown Christmas between the 7th and 10th of December.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic